• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Major Mortal Kombat Revision Part II

I never meant to scale Shao's physicals or magic to his realm merging. Like I said, the least it can scale to is the range of his hax and possibly his stamina.

I know, it was just to add details to my reasoning.

Range of hax is totally fine, but I'm missing why it would be stamina. Unless we get proof that the bigger the realm is, the bigger the strain is for Shao to merge it with outworld, we can't assume he has """proportional""" stamina.

It's because he absorbed a realm's worth of lifeforce. Outworld is a conglomerate realm, so technically he drained multiple realms worth of lifeforce. Not saying that he should get Solar System level stamina, but Shao would have a massive reservoir of lifeforce accumulated throughout the centuries. Not to mention that he was brimming with so much power that he absorbed and needed more space to keep it, said space being Earthrealm.

Yes, that makes sense.

But we also need to check his canon fights (I'm not too knowledgeable on how the story goes on in the Midway timeline), because him having huge stockpiles of life force might just mean he has an extended lifespan, or a large pool of energy to draw for his spells and else, instead of proper physical stamina (the two can still be considered in separate ways, tbh).

I was thinking that his massive lifeforce scales to his green energy powers, since his magic has a green color too but that's just my headcanon, I don't have enough proof to back that up. But I do recall souls being a power source akin to mana in the MK2 comic and Deception's intro where Shang Tsung uses souls as a resource to create his fire skulls.

Currently, I am leaning on:

Most fighters: 9-A

Gods: Physically strong enough to cause an extinction event in true form + Cosmic level reality warping

Supposedly Raiden and Shao Kahn would be physically 9-A when they look human and when they are allowed to compete in Tournaments:
MK1 Bio: The name Rayden is actually that of a deity known as the Thunder God. It is rumored he received a personal invitation by Shang Tsung himself and took the form of a human to compete in the Tournament.

MK Trilogy Bio: As Earth's sworn protector, Raiden finds himself banished in the merger between Earth and Outworld. When the Elder Gods refuse to assist him in aiding the Earth, he is forced to take matters into his own hands. He transforms himself into a mortal warrior to fight alongside his human comrades - this time risking his place in the pantheon of gods and giving up his own immortality.

Didn't imply Blaze is as strong as his boost; believe him to be 9-A, but if his boost is supposed to give Shao Kahn 10x multiplier which is supposed to be enough to make Shao Kahn more powerful than the Elder Gods, then that is curious.

Havik's Blaze boost in his Armageddon ending (not used for scaling, just an example of how realm merging can occur) has him significantly alter the entire universe in a short time with his aura.
Infused with the power of Blaze, the cleric of Chaos Havik, became Chaos incarnate. His aura corrupted the stability of the realms, causing them to tear and reshape in grotesque ways.

Soon nothing remained that resembled the former Universe. Havik´s dream had been realized. Ultimate Chaos had been achieved.

In Mortal Kombat 3, Shao Kahn merged Earth and Outworld unaided once he got access into Earthrealm.

With Tobias' statement about a realm including our perspective of planets and the infinite cosmos beyond, I am partial to realm merging being Tier 3 or 2.

Gods: Physically strong enough to cause an extinction event in true form + Cosmic level reality warping
Are you referring to the fight between Raiden and Shinnok? I'm afraid that can't grant anything other than a likely Higher due to the absence of context of that fight, which doesn't provide a timeframe nor any other detail.

I'm not sure about the level of their overall reality warping, as the realms could still be 4-B without having physical boundaries.
Honestly, someone should make a blog to explain the realms, as these tweets and videos are all over the place, and should be put in order.

Everything that comes from Blaze can at most be used to give an additional key to relevant characters.

Blaze's strongest power is more so wish granting, and he can't really use his own wish granting powers whether it be weak mind, no free will, or just in character for him to fulfill a duty is not entirely known. But the ability to annihilate realms is clearly separate from physicals.

I also think that the realm merging seems to be a form of hax unrelated to physical power, given how inconsistent it would be otherwise.

These revisions are fantastic however my only real request is that Mileena and Kitana share the same stats given how the two are literal clones of one another.

Netherrealm did Mileena dirty

There are a lot of issues with that blog.

I think the first scan comes from the Netherrealm comics, so it is unusable for the Midway timeline.
The comics themselves aren't canon to the Netherrealm timeline anymore.
The realms aren't Low 2-C structure, and even if the amulet was about to destroy the entirety of it, the feat wouldn't be that high.
Are we sure the amulet would have actually destroyed the whole realm, instead of just breaching Raiden's barrier?
Most of the merit would still go to the amulet, which is recurrently regarded as a powerful artifact by itself, Ermac's billions of souls are just a way to charge it.
Even if Ermac alone was alone to channel such power by himself, it would be a humunguous outlier, since such feat would be much higher than anything else in the verse, and Ermac is pretty much a fodder who has been defeated even by the likes of Stryker, Jacqui and many more.

Cetrion's fatality is unusable for scaling.
Just because she can grow that big, it doesn't mean she is so strong all the time, even when she's normal-sized, and nothing suggests her power always stays the same (which would also mean that becoming big is useless in the first place).
Also, I'm not sure that being so big makes you 5-A by default, but that would be up to calc staff to judge.
The beam's speed is unusable FRA.
Same for Jax becoming big

There's no indication that Raiden's storm scale to his physical, since MK doesn't have a clear Universal Energy System, and without that, Raiden's powers are just weather hax.
His lightning acting as a destructive physical force is a separate thing from them being electricity.

Nearly destroying a planet isn't 5-B whatsoever, let alone the fact the video doesn't even say that. It is only stated that Raiden and Shinnok ended a civilization and plunged the world into darkness, which is an unquantifiable feat, which also happens overtime through many attacks clashing together, meaning that it doesn't scale to the output of a single, average blow, which is what we use to rate a character's AP.

The clash between Raiden and Shao Kahn was already discussed, and it is unusable too. Shaking the Earth to its very core could be flowery language, and it would still be the result of a prolonged fight, which makes the feat unusable FRA.

Some of those speed feats are already accepted, while dodging plasma doesn't have a real calculable value.

Cyrax's slef destruction doesn't scale to anything but the explosion itself, same for all the other explosion feats.

The realms as a whole aren't a 2-A construct, we were discussing about that some messages ago.

Takeda amped by the Jinsei happens in the comics, right? As already stated, they aren't canon (there was a big discussion about it in the other CRT) and tearing down a mountain could be a hyperbolic statement to point out how strong he's become.

Merging realms isn't a 2-C feat and doesn't scale to anything other than fusionism/transmutation hax, we have just finished talking about it in this thread.

MKI Raiden is a completely different character in terms of characterization, and even then, ending the world can just mean every civilization on it is destroyed, and that was still the result of him and other gods causing havok around for fun.

Balancing negative and positive forces to not cause a space-time collapse doesn't even require AP, but rather a form of control over hax. It isn't different from the many instances in fiction where characters mess with time or space, causing disruption that leads to the collapse of reality.

Khameleon's ending tells of another generic destruction caused by a war of gods, this can't be used FRA.
Same for Ermac, an extremely vague feat whose "force" is unquantifiable, and again the result of a long battle.
I also think that Ermac being stronger than Shao Kahn isn't consistent in the Midway timeline, making the whole thing even less valid.
Sonya's bio telling of Shao nearly destroying the Earth is also very vague and most likely not literal, in the sense of Shao Kahn actually breaking the world with his bare hands. The same Kahn leads an army of monster to conquer the planet and ultimately fuse it to his own realm, that's quite a lot of destruction even without taking the statement as literal.

Expanding the Netherrealm can even not be literal, and there's still no way to determine how much it was expanded and nothing suggests it scaling to attacks, instead of just being spatial hax or a simple expansion of the borders of Shinnok's area of influence.
The world crumbling at the hands of Shinnok is totally to not be taken literally, it's a metaphor.
Once again, Reptile's ending doesn't refer to Shao Kahn literally blowing up Reptile's world.
"Destroyer of all realms" is just a title.

Well, its already a clmic feats.most of these problems come from nonsencial endings or non canon endings, which is already stated in the blog. But you left out a lot of the feats.

Last edited:
Some of those are either already accepted or below the ratings we already give to the characters, so I didn't feel the need of mentioning them.

Saman makes good sense above.

So what should we do here then?

Keep going with the profile making process.

We have AP, dura and speed, we just need to wrap up powers, scaling and everything else for each Midway character.

I don't think we have standards for timeless voids, but basically I believe that just existing there doesn't grant anything, especially if multiple characters can do it, as it is a fairly common concept in fiction.
We need evidences that this void has an active effect on the characters, whom need to resist it.
Afaik in MK11 it's just an empty place where Kronika tosses people she doesn't want around, and they are still affected by her time abilities, including time stop.
Shortly, existing in a timeless void without any further evidence, shouldn't grant anything specific.

That aside, who's going to make the new profiles?

And what's the conclusion with the realm merging? How does it appear in the profiles of those who can do it? Powers? Stats? Range?

I won't be able to make the profiles, but I'll gladly help with suggestions, reviews and maybe additions and stuff.

I believe that realm merging is currently considered Fusionism - Transmutation Hax + Range.

Keep going with the profile making process.

We have AP, dura and speed, we just need to wrap up powers, scaling and everything else for each Midway character.
Okay. That sounds good to me.
I don't think we have standards for timeless voids, but basically I believe that just existing there doesn't grant anything, especially if multiple characters can do it, as it is a fairly common concept in fiction.
We need evidences that this void has an active effect on the characters, whom need to resist it.
Afaik in MK11 it's just an empty place where Kronika tosses people she doesn't want around, and they are still affected by her time abilities, including time stop.
Shortly, existing in a timeless void without any further evidence, shouldn't grant anything specific.
That is correct, yes.

Didn't we already stop granting people speed based on being a void long ago?

Well, we stopped granting speed levels for moving within supposedly timeless voids, as this is a rather common plot convention within fiction, without actually meaning anything for the scope of statistics.

Its not a timeless void, its just creation after the One Being was split apart. I don't know if time even existed before the Elder Gods rebelled against the One Being.

EA is currently inactive, apparently, and I don't who was still working on this project and which progress they have done, if any.

I was already planning to finish these revisions myself at some point, but I won't be anytime soon, unfortunately.
My irl and wiki schedules are already tight, and I don't think I will be able to start working on MK before a few months, but you never know.

Of course all help is more than appreciated.

Okay. That is unfortunate, but fully understandable. As long as this gets done eventually it is probably fine though.

As long as it was not confirmed within the stories themselves, it is probably a case of death of the author.

Meh, the Netherrealm staff has said a lot of things over the years, and this has to be taken with several grains of salt.

Assuming Kronika is comparable to other titans, and each of them is superior to the One Being, we'd have quite a lot of characters being easily superior to it.

As of now, we have very little details on who the titans are, we just know there are many of them and that they are stronger than the elder gods.

Still, them being above the One Being can just mean they exists outside of the realms, which may even make sense, since, just like Kronika, they don't seem to be affected by the rewriting of reality.
This is still different from them being able to annihilate an entire universe, and we should wait for the next games to unconver more about their identity and power.

I feel like this tweet was just an excuse to shrug off the need of explaining why these new entities don't really match (yet) with what has been established so far.

Meh, the Netherrealm staff has said a lot of things over the years, and this has to be taken with several grains of salt.

Assuming Kronika is comparable to other titans, and each of them is superior to the One Being, we'd have quite a lot of characters being easily superior to it.

As of now, we have very little details on who the titans are, we just know there are many of them and that they are stronger than the elder gods.

Still, them being above the One Being can just mean they exists outside of the realms, which may even make sense, since, just like Kronika, they don't seem to be affected by the rewriting of reality.
This is still different from them being able to annihilate an entire universe, and we should wait for the next games to unconver more about their identity and power.

I feel like this tweet was just an excuse to shrug off the need of explaining why these new entities don't really match (yet) with what has been established so far.
I wish the Mortal Kombat lore wasn’t so hectic. Lore always felt like it was getting worse since MK9

I don't like the gratuitious amoral nihilistic hopeless horror gore of the game either, and now the makers of said gore are somehow trying to make it politically correct as well, which isn't a combination that makes any sense to me, but incoherent continuity is also always annoying, yes.

Back