• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Major Mortal Kombat Revision Part II

I have always been an MK fan; though not quite for the gore, but more like the martial arts tournament aspects. And Johnny Cage will always be my favorite character and wish the series was more about him. And MK9 was the best one to date in terms of gameplay and narrative story, but the mythology got really dumb after that, and MKX was promising given they actually made the Cage family the protagonists. But MK11 really blew the story as they tried to hard to expand the multiverse only to give it like no consistency. But this is a content revision board, not a general discussion to rant about the bad writing.

Anyway, I don't think we can consider the author statements reliable FRA. But what else is there?

Still, them being above the One Being can just mean they exists outside of the realms, which may even make sense, since, just like Kronika, they don't seem to be affected by the rewriting of reality.
Rather than outside, couldn’t that mean that they exist above the realms similarly to how the One Being is specifically all of the realms? I think that could still lead to them being a higher dimensionality

I have always been an MK fan; though not quite for the gore, but more like the martial arts tournament aspects. And Johnny Cage will always be my favorite character and wish the series was more about him. And MK9 was the best one to date in terms of gameplay and narrative story, but the mythology got really dumb after that, and MKX was promising given they actually made the Cage family the protagonists. But MK11 really blew the story as they tried to hard to expand the multiverse only to give it like no consistency. But this is a content revision board, not a general discussion to rant about the bad writing.

Anyway, I don't think we can consider the author statements reliable FRA. But what else is there?
Can’t really find anything that would boost the scaling. I was always wondered why we stopped scaling people off Cetrion’s 5-A fatality. “iT’s nOn-cAnOn” unlike friendships, fatalities are always in character and always demonstrate something the character would be capable of doing

Rather than outside, couldn’t that mean that they exist above the realms similarly to how the One Being is specifically all of the realms? I think that could still lead to them being a higher dimensionality
Maybe, but we also see the titans existing, acting and dying within the normal world, and they even take part in its reshaping, so it's kind of weird for them to be completely higher-dimensional.

Can’t really find anything that would boost the scaling. I was always wondered why we stopped scaling people off Cetrion’s 5-A fatality. “iT’s nOn-cAnOn” unlike friendships, fatalities are always in character and always demonstrate something the character would be capable of doing
I still believe we can't scale Cetrion and other people from that fatality because nothing proves she retains the same strength in her normal, small form.
Imho, we could even proceed to account it as power and AP, but it would be limited only to Cetrion herself via that specific fatality.

It is almost completely hopeless, amoral, gratuitiously sadistic, and dystopian.
So buzzwords
Anyway, let's move on to the actual revision discussion. I am not trying to force anybody to agree with me.
Then why bring it up unnecessarily? It’s derailing and frankly it’s annoying when you yourself admit it’s not the main discussion
Either way; what’s the consensus on tiering his far?

it looks like 9-B - 9-A is the most consistent for the main cast with maybe Raider and co getting likely far higher

it looks like 9-B - 9-A is the most consistent for the main cast with maybe Raider and co getting likely far higher
Yes, as of now, everyone who scales or upscales to Taven will be 9-A, and those who scale to Raiden will receive a likely higher due to the cataclismic but undefined side-effects of the clash between Raiden and Shinnok.

Yes, as of now, everyone who scales or upscales to Taven will be 9-A, and those who scale to Raiden will receive a likely higher due to the cataclismic but undefined side-effects of the clash between Raiden and Shinnok.
Sounds good
I’d also note Raiden would probably get a Low 7-C (of whatever it was) for his self destruct as well

So buzzwords
No, definitions based on personal observations.
Then why bring it up unnecessarily? It’s derailing and frankly it’s annoying when you yourself admit it’s not the main discussion
I have naturally bad mental filters, and have reduced my already small medicine dosage lately, on ordination from my doctor, since I have turned much more mentally stable. This makes me less emotionally dulled down and robotic, and more imaginative, i.e. my viewpoints are more likely to leak through.

Okay. That is probably fine.

Wait, so does this mean Shujinko can bypass invulnerability?

Didn't he fight Onaga when he was amped by the Kamidogu? (Well that and I remember being able to destroy the Kamidogu in the fight with Onaga when walking into it, which weakens him, so Shujinko has that gunning for him too)

If that's true, this means that Shujinko could be Low 7-C when channeling every kombatants powers.

@SamanPatou

Did you ever finish these revisions or were they continued and handled via other revision threads?

It was never finished because it was supposed to be the starting point and collection of feats for classic files to be made, something that I'll do, at some point.

It was never finished because it was supposed to be the starting point and collection of feats for classic files to be made, something that I'll do, at some point.
Okay. Thank you for helping out. 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

@SamanPatou

How is this project progressing, and do you have any other members helping you out with it?

I'm wondering why some verses of famous games are either practically dead, very outdated or with the bad profiles (MK, Tekken and Resident Evil)

I'm wondering why some verses of famous games are either practically dead, very outdated or with the bad profiles (MK, Tekken and Resident Evil)
It's mostly about dedicated users. Hyperdimensional Neptuna isn't as big sales wise as MK or RE, but the users for that franchise have far mor3 dedicated users here. Which is why the profiles for them look pretty good.

It's mostly about dedicated users. Hyperdimensional Neptuna isn't as big sales wise as MK or RE, but the users for that franchise have far mor3 dedicated users here. Which is why the profiles for them look pretty good.
I just find it strange that some famous franchises, mainly some fighting games like MK and Tekken are not as active in vsbattle.

Oh true! I forgot Midway made more sense that way, since the Kamidogu were the Elder Gods' weapon to destroy The One Being, it makes sense why Raiden did nothing to Onaga.

So would this mean he gets a separate key where it'll say, 'amped by the Kamidogu'?

Back