• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Major Mortal Kombat Revision Part II

Pretty sure he's not too involved in this, but I'm slowly but surely making these new Midway profiles in my draft.

Also, it seems that we have a 9-A feat from Taven now. It's only 0.001 TNT or ~10 million joules higher than the strongest TYM feat in the 1992 MK. I'm asking everyone here in this thread now, should every MK fighter without a significant amp to their stats scale to this feat?

There is also a calc for Sub-Zero's freezing with the Dragon Medallion amping his powers that hasn't been checked by any calc staff yet. Any calc member wants to check it out? I also want to know what can we get from this feat of the Elder Sub-Zero kicking down a large statue with a buff.

Need these to actually start putting stats in the pages I'm making.

Also, it seems that we have a 9-A feat from Taven now. It's only 0.001 TNT or ~10 million joules higher than the strongest TYM feat in the 1992 MK. I'm asking everyone here in this thread now, should every MK fighter without a significant amp to their stats scale to this feat?
Would also like to point out Taven also fought and defeated a giant monster who could easily destroy the same pillar - 100% the same as the pillars are dotted all around the level that feat takes place in - in one hit and take hits from it. so it is technically possible for him to flat-out scale to the full 155796652 joule value instead of it being divvied up by his three punches feat. Could be wrong, tho.
There is also a calc for Sub-Zero's freezing with the Dragon Medallion amping his powers that hasn't been checked by any calc staff yet. Any calc member wants to check it out? I also want to know what can we get from this feat of the Elder Sub-Zero kicking down a large statue with a buff.
Said feat is also quite a bit higher than Taven's 9-A feat, but the blog does point out that Rain can summon natural lightning, so if it possible for Rain to do a combo that juggle people in air and can hit them with lightning, that is support for 8-C Klassic MK, I suppose if Klassic MK has a UES in-place.

Also, to answer your question, I don't think we can get anything from that feat, LS-wise or AP-wise, as Bi-han just kicked down the statue and doesn't appear to have done any damage to it.

I also been meaning to do some MK userblog calcs but I have misplaced my scans, atm, and am not sure if I unknowingly deleted 'em or just placed them somewhere in my crap-ton of fodders. Can probably make some more AP/Dura calcs for MK by tomorrow if needed, tho.

Would also like to point out Taven also fought and defeated a giant monster who could easily destroy the same pillar - 100% the same as the pillars are dotted all around the level that feat takes place in - in one hit and take hits from it. so it is technically possible for him to flat-out scale to the full 155796652 joule value instead of it being divvied up by his three punches feat. Could be wrong, tho.

Said feat is also quite a bit higher than Taven's 9-A feat, but the blog does point out that Rain can summon natural lightning, so if it possible for Rain to do a combo that juggle people in air and can hit them with lightning, that is support for 8-C Klassic MK, I suppose if Klassic MK has a UES in-place.

Also, to answer your question, I don't think we can get anything from that feat, LS-wise or AP-wise, as Bi-han just kicked down the statue and doesn't appear to have done any damage to it.

I also been meaning to do some MK userblog calcs but I have misplaced my scans, atm, and am not sure if I unknowingly deleted 'em or just placed them somewhere in my crap-ton of fodders. Can probably make some more AP/Dura calcs for MK by tomorrow if needed, tho.
Is the giant monster the snow yeti thing? If so, I don't see anything wrong with your first point. Sonya also oneshot it with her energy rings, so there's that

Don't think Midway MK has a UES unless there's proof of that that I missed, but I'd like some calc member evaluations first before we decide what to do with Sub's freezing feat.

Okay on Bi-Han's statue feat.

Calcs should be fine, I think I can do the profiles in my draft. I also suggest people to check them out if they're correct, if I used the right sources and justifications, etc.

Honestly if it or NRS MK do we're looking at some interesting scaling changes
Is the giant monster the snow yeti thing? If so, I don't see anything wrong with your first point. Sonya also oneshot it with her energy rings, so there's that
Should be, I alsonthink Taven destroying Shao's statue could be worth looking at

@DarkDragonMedeus @Eficiente @CrimsonStarFallen @SamanPatou @LordGriffin1000

@Therefir @Migue79 @Armorchompy @Psychomaster35 @Aguywhodoesthings @DMUA

Are any of you willing to handle it please?

To clarify I'm talking about low tiers when I say MK fighters without a significant amp. Sonya Blade and Johnny Cage for instance.

Also FantaRin said that the feat with Bi-Han kicking down the statue won't yield anything, so just ignore it.

I'll try to help and keep things on check, but as I said in the message posted on my wall, this month my wiki activity is severely reduced due to little time and terrible connection in my current accomodation.

This is during Armageddon, which is stated by the intro and Blaze's bio that years of kombat had made everyone stronger, meaning that no one would scale in games before or after it (since the timeline got reset), if it's ok during Armageddon itself.

Would Deadly Alliance/Deception's stage transitions yield anything of value? ... and can be actually used for scaling AP/DURA or should they just be waived off as game mechanics?

I also vaguely remember that Jax had a game during this timeline, so that could also possibly be used for calcs and scaling... but am not sure if it is canon or not.

Got to decide here tho, if they are game mechanics or not... Well, technically they are, but we gotta decide if they are actually usable for scaling and all. From my vauge memory, the 16-bit games don't have much calc-worthy stuff other than test your might stuff. MK4 might've something good, but dk for sure. Therefore, Deadly Alliance/Deception's stage transitions (and possibly the Jax game) are likely the best bet for getting calcs.

I'll try to calc some of the Deadly Alliance/Deception's stage transitions... soonish.

Yeah, I'm not the biggest fan of using a god tier's feat to downscale an entire verse from. Which would be the feat from Taven.

Would Deadly Alliance/Deception's stage transitions yield anything of value? ... and can be actually used for scaling AP/DURA or should they just be waived off as game mechanics?
Yeah I think they can, but I remember the reason why stuff like that went unused was because of them being an outlier. From the previous major MK revision:

"This doesn't kill, but this does? Someone who can survive this can't survive this? Someone who lives through this gets killed by this? This shit doesn't kill you, but this does?"

It seems the last link is gone though, but the point is, a MK fighter can somehow survive falling into a large stone platform hard enough to shatter a good amount of it, but they die to being splatted on the wall of a tower without even breaking it in a stage fatality. However I would argue that each stage fatality shown after a stage transition in this quote is because the loser has been damaged enough to the point of being in a weakened state (basically the dizzy animation once it says "FINISH HIM") and a few hits would be enough to kill them. But the first MK major revision is 10 pages long and who knows how much has changed lol. Argue away.

Yeah, I'm not the biggest fan of using a god tier's feat to downscale an entire verse from. Which would be the feat from Taven.
This is during Armageddon, which is stated by the intro and Blaze's bio that years of kombat had made everyone stronger, meaning that no one would scale in games before or after it (since the timeline got reset), if it's ok during Armageddon itself.
Sonya Blade oneshots the snow monster that could do the same pillar shattering feat in just one hit using her energy rings, but Taven can also defeat this monster himself. For some reason the god tier is only 0.002 tons above the strongest TYM feat in 1992 MK, so I don't see why someone like Sonya doesn't scale. Although I'd argue this version of Taven is still growing in power seeing how he didn't get the equipment destined for him yet by his parents to defeat Blaze.

Sonya Blade oneshots the snow monster that could do the same pillar shattering feat in just one hit using her energy rings, but Taven can also defeat this monster himself. For some reason the god tier is only 0.002 tons above the strongest TYM feat in 1992 MK, so I don't see why someone like Sonya doesn't scale. Although I'd argue this version of Taven is still growing in power seeing how he didn't get the equipment destined for him yet by his parents to defeat Blaze.
What Amp said. Granted, I do also believe that this is the fault of most early fighting game verse not actually having good feats outside of statements... or just hasn't exhaled any of the bullshit called Anime-ism that grants crazy feats, statements, and hax. Kek. So gotta make do on what we have, I suppose.
Yeah I think they can, but I remember the reason why stuff like that went unused was because of them being an outlier. From the previous major MK revision:

"This doesn't kill, but this does? Someone who can survive this can't survive this? Someone who lives through this gets killed by this? This shit doesn't kill you, but this does?"

It seems the last link is gone though, but the point is, a MK fighter can somehow survive falling into a large stone platform hard enough to shatter a good amount of it, but they die to being splatted on the wall of a tower without even breaking it in a stage fatality. However I would argue that each stage fatality shown after a stage transition in this quote is because the loser has been damaged enough to the point of being in a weakened state (basically the dizzy animation once it says "FINISH HIM") and a few hits would be enough to kill them. But the first MK major revision is 10 pages long and who knows how much has changed lol. Argue away.
Eh, it is worth a shot. Give me thirty or so mins, I'll make a userblog regarding one or two stage transitions, and we can decide if they are outliners or not from there.

What Amp said. Granted, I do also believe that this is the fault of most early fighting game verse not actually having good feats outside of statements... or just hasn't exhaled any of the bullshit called Anime-ism that grants crazy feats, statements, and hax. Kek. So gotta make do on what we have, I suppose.

Eh, it is worth a shot. Give me thirty or so mins, I'll make a userblog regarding one or two stage transitions, and we can decide if they are outliners or not from there.
Cool, just send the link to it here when you're done

Back. Here. Got one 9-B result and got one low 9-A result but is only 1.75642126x weaker than Taven's own 9-A feat... Also 5.26926378x weaker if we count that giant one-shotting the pillar. I think I've a couple more MK feats, but they'll probably be in the range of mid-high 9-B to low 9-A if this pattern keeps up.

In Mortal Kombat: Deception, Raiden makes a statement that a champion of the Elder Gods has the strength of 10 warriors. So at most, mid and low tier characters pre-Armageddon cannot downscale by more than that (since Raiden could have referred to fodder nameless warriors).

If we don't divide by 3 in Taven's pillar calc (due to the cutscenes where a Yeti one-shots a pillar, and Sonia killing a Yeti with a single headshot), the downscale would result in 9-B+.

In Mortal Kombat: Deception, Raiden makes a statement that a champion of the Elder Gods has the strength of 10 warriors. So at most, mid and low tier characters pre-Armageddon cannot downscale by more than that (since Raiden could have referred to fodder nameless warriors).

If we don't divide by 3 in Taven's pillar calc (due to the cutscenes where a Yeti one-shots a pillar, and Sonia killing a Yeti with a single headshot), the downscale would result in 9-B+.
Eh. I think that is more along the lines of a figure of speech than any actual multiplier/divider. Like a person having the strength of (insert number of people here) is a typical way of describing the strength of someone, essentially in older stuff. So that probably should be taken as a grain of salt.

Anyhows, I did a rough calc about that meteor and taven. It netted about a 8-C result. Assuming Sub-Zero's calc is accepted (and UES is a thing for him, at least) and if Rain's lightning bolt can hit somebody in the air, 8-C might be the general range of power of MK's Top Tiers... ignoring the stuff about onaga, elder god, and so forth, but y'know, that is obvious.

Question. is DC vs MK canon to the midway games, or does it exist by itself like MK shaolin monks? Might be able to find something useful for Klassic MK, but not entirely sure.

Eh. I think that is more along the lines of a figure of speech than any actual multiplier/divider. Like a person having the strength of (insert number of people here) is a typical way of describing the strength of someone, essentially in older stuff. So that probably should be taken as a grain of salt.

Anyhows, I did a rough calc about that meteor and taven. It netted about a 8-C result. Assuming Sub-Zero's calc is accepted (and UES is a thing for him, at least) and if Rain's lightning bolt can hit somebody in the air, 8-C might be the general range of power of MK's Top Tiers... ignoring the stuff about onaga, elder god, and so forth, but y'know, that is obvious.
Wow 8-C high tiers? Pretty cool. Speaking of cool, one calc member said Sub's feat was fine. Also add the "Mortal Kombat" tag to your blog post so it gets grouped with the rest of the MK calcs for easy access.

There might be a UES with Sub's case, since his new power source from MKDA to MKA is the Dragon Medallion, which he draws energy from to boost his physical strikes. Said energy is also drawn upon to create new ice techniques. From MKDA Konquest Mode

"Sub-Zero has found that the Lin Kuei Dragon Medallion has greatly improved his normal fighting abilities. In addition, it has enhanced his freezing powers in unexpected ways."

"Sub-Zero's strength has increased greatly since donning the Dragon Medallion. Using the medallion's energy, he has developed a very powerful move called the Dragon Attack."

"By channeling energy from the medallion through his Dragon fighting style, Sub-Zero is able to perform a Neijin. A Neijin allows Sub-Zero to increase the power of his attacks for a limited period of time."

"The Dragon Medallion has amplified Sub-Zero's freezing abilities, or Kori, in such a way that he can form complex objects out of solid ice from surrounding water vapor. One such object is his Kori Blade."

"Sub-Zero has trained many years to hone his natural ability to freeze. This trait has been passed down through many generations of his family line. But with the power of the Dragon Medallion amplifying this ability, his Kori attacks are more powerful than ever."

"An interesting new attack the medallion has unlocked for Sub-Zero is his Ice Shaker attack. Both offensive and defensive, this attack surrounds him with a super-chilled barrier that flash-freezes any opponent within range."

Oh. And there is sub-zero's 8-C feat and rain's 8-C lightning. Was working on a 8-C taven calc, but wasn't entirely sure if the calc would actually work so I just gave up on it.

I see, same problems as before
If they're not real but they still light up on fire, just use ablation speed of 2-4 km/s.
This was about us being uncertain about whether these meteors came from space or not. So maybe the meteor calc might work? Might be an outlier with all the consistent 9-A feats performed and consistently dying to Tier 9 feats as well

Back