• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Major Mortal Kombat Revision Part II

I can wait and I trust you, that just needs to be put in a blog, the verse page or something at some point to validate scaling from freezing feats.

Darkness and extinction were more for support, what about shaking the Earth's core? It could be flowery language, but the infobox saying very core of the Earth seems to point out to it being an actual thing. Obviously they wouldn't scale to the full feat, which I remember being around 6-B, due to it being the result of their entire battle, but maybe there's a minimum level of force required to generate such earthquakes even overtime?

I'm pretty sure shaking the earth was from a non-canon ending with Raiden vs Shao Kahn. I could be wrong though because I'm not reading through any of them right now but rather recalling them from memory.

Damn, you're right, it's Raiden's ending from MK3.
I thought that infobox was referring to the battle between Shinnok and Raiden, while their battle was only used to support the ending.

It's indeed not canon, and I'm not sure if the statements about Raiden and Shinnok's battle are enough to give it enough credits.

I'm pretty sure shaking the earth was from a non-canon ending with Raiden vs Shao Kahn. I could be wrong though because I'm not reading through any of them right now but rather recalling them from memory.
It was and even then it implies the shakin was over time since it claims Shao and Raiden fought "until the earth shook"

Anyways, if we ever make Raiden and Shinnok's profiles, should this rating be okay for them?

"Wall level (Did a feat), likely far higher (His battle with Raiden/Shinnok nearly destroyed Earthrealm and caused the extinction of the dinosaurs)"

Also, I found proof that chi based attacks = physical attacks. Here's a few excerpts from MKDA's Konquest Mode, specifically Sub-Zero's. Others have proof as well but I chose Sub-Zero because I think he's the best example among the other kombatants.

"Sub-Zero has found that the Lin Kuei Dragon Medallion has greatly improved his normal fighting abilities. In addition, it has enhanced his freezing powers in unexpected ways. You must learn Sub-Zero's enhanced fighting styles if you wish to seek enlightenment."

This doesn't say much on its own, but this is a very important context for the rest of the stuff that I will quote.

"Sub-Zero's strength has increased greatly since donning the Dragon Medallion. Using the medallion's energy, he has developed a very powerful move called the Dragon Attack. Execute 3 Dragon Attack moves on Reptile."

Now this is what I'm talking about. For context, this Dragon Attack move is a melee attack done with the hands. A purely physical attack. He developed this move from the energy that the Dragon Medallion gave him upon claiming it for himself.

"By channeling energy from the medallion through his Dragon fighting style, Sub-Zero is able to perform a Neijin. A Neijin allows Sub-Zero to increase the power of his attacks for a limited period of time."

More proof that the energy from the medallion boosts his physicals. Which leads us to our next quote, which will link his ice powers and physical moves with a shared source of energy.

"The Dragon Medallion has amplified Sub-Zero's freezing abilities, or Kori, in such a way that he can form complex objects out of solid ice from surrounding water vapor. One such object is his Kori Blade."

This pretty much shows that the energy he uses from the DM is used to channel his ice powers and boost his physicals. By the way, this energy is called chi, so I think that's good enough proof that his ice powers and physicals have the same source of power. However, if his ice somehow ends up being too high from the other feats he has, then I think we might have to discard that feat (but not the equal energy source thing)

Looks good, Raiden would also have an additional 7-C or whatever via the self-destruction attack.

I'm unsure about the rest, it says that the medallion's energy boosted Sub's physicals and freezing attacks, but I'm not sure it means they naturally come from the same source, nor they share the same strength.
It might be, though, but I'd like more opinions.

I'm unsure about the rest, it says that the medallion's energy boosted Sub's physicals and freezing attacks, but I'm not sure it means they naturally come from the same source, nor they share the same strength.
It might be, though, but I'd like more opinions.
It's uses the same source which is chi from the Dragon Medallion, but I don't know if they share the same strength or AP. That's where the calcs come in, but I did say I was unsure about his physicals having the same strength as his ice.
However, if his ice somehow ends up being too high from the other feats he has, then I think we might have to discard that feat (but not the equal energy source thing)

Speaking about feats to calc, these seem to be the highest, and Sub-Zero and Taven might be good low/mid tier characters for Midway, but I'm not too knowledgeable on scaling.

Taven breaks columns (with three punches)

Taven shatters a large block of ice (with four punches)

The number of punches needs to be taken in account when making the final result in the calc.

Freezing feats can be good but we need actual proof to say that it derives from Chi, otherwise they can't be used for general AP and Striking Strength.

Some things about Raiden:

- In order to use Quan-Chi dodging his lightning, we need proof that they are as fast as actual lightnings.

- The battle between Raiden and Shinnok shaking the Earth, causing extinction and else seems to be consistent, at least according to the evidences in this post, but since it's the result of a prolonged battle neither of them would scale to the total result. However, is there a way to determine a minimum level of energy required to perform this? Like, two 9-Bs could fight forever and not cause this much damage.
And could it be used without problems?
Calcs

Okay. You can ask a few calc group members for help via a notification if you wish.

Bump.

I question how strong Midway Scorpion would be, don't read past this yet though, this could be crucial for Taven's profile!

However, Scorpion fought both Shujinko and Taven on par in Konquest, this would allow him to scale to them--

And because this is Midway Scorpion, we can include his Nether powers and stuff, I still have them noted down.

Netherrealm Powers: In the Netherrealm, Scorpion gains a home-field advantage with the added benefit of having several powers that are connected to the 5th plane of the Netherrealm.
  • Empowerment: Scorpion's strength increases (with each passing moment) the longer he remains in the fifth plane of the Netherrealm.
  • Statistics Reduction (Same scan as image link above): This place has properties that can drain the magical powers and energies of those who possess magical properties. The only way to counter this is to find a permanent source of magic to replenish lost energies.
  • Power Nullification: It also can drain the powers and fighting prowess of others, forcing the affected to rely on basic attacks.
  • Corruption: Simply being in this place is a dangerous thing to do. The realm's dark essences can twist one's soul, causing them to turn into a vicious monster such as the likes of Drahmin
Scorpion would still have BFR, if not that, then Dimensional Travel maybe, since the Netherrealm is a separate realm that is infinite in size. Scorpion also warped Taven to the Netherrealm by simply engulfing him in a flame.

Also, considering the fact that Scorpion brought Taven to hell with him, shouldn't Taven have a resistance to some of the following Netherrealm Powers? Scorpion brought Taven to his lair where they would eventually fight.

Can somebody remind us about the discussion so far here with an easy to understand explanation please? Especially regarding what we currently need to do here.

I'll do the column, statue one might be partially gravity and the ice feat would get really low

I think Taven withstanding meteors falling would also make for a good feat, although I can't seem to get a good angle of it.

Would we be making two keys for Taven? One for the start of Konquest and one for the end when he could combat Blaze?

Or will it just be all in one-

So are the other feats that Saman linked to likely to give a higher result than the one Armorchompy calculated?

There are also falling meteors in the Netherrealm, would surviving these account for anything?

Taven is able to take up to three as seen in the video, the fourth one being the killing one.

As well as one of the meteors effortlessly taking out a stone wall that blocked the entrance to a cave.

Last edited:
Back