• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Major Mortal Kombat Revision, Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll see if I can help out, internet has become trash at my house. I'll check out the Part 2 thread when I can.

Thank you. Your help is very appreciated.

Okay, let's start then

I might already know the answer, but I'll ask, what is MHS+ speed feat in the series ?

Afaik, it only comes from Raiden's Lightning right ? I had a recent discussion with a mod about it, and Blocking in games may be Games Mech, which I guess could change things here

The issue isn't even "this is a cloud calc". That bit is easy, the cloud can be assumed to have an average mass. This is really just a KE calc. That's the problem- discerning speed from this is, as far as I can tell, fairly impossible since we have nothing to discern how large the clouds actually are.
This. This is not the same as a normal feat involving clouds. Generally, we assume that the cloud / storm is a cylinder, but in this case, they have completely different shapes from each other, more like real life. If someone knows where to find the information "Total cloud mass in a region", it would be enough to help.

So for speed, we have Supersonic reactions and combat speed via two bullet slicing feats from Kabal and Nightwolf that scales to low and mid tiers, meanwhile Kabal himself might be Subsonic in movement speed or even higher since he appeared to be moving in circles with this much speed on radar, I doubt it's calcable tho.

As for high tiers, they have a consistent MHS+ reaction and combat speed rating with Raiden and Fire God Liu Kang's lightning, alongside Shinnok blocking it. Move speed might be Hypersonic+ based on this old calc on Raiden's X-Ray in MKX as well as God Liu catching fire when he dive bombs the demon army (note that this wasn't via his fire powers, while he did make an fiery explosion, there was a shockwave when he started diving, plus there was fire building up in a domelike shape around him.

EDIT: NVM seems like Kabal's calc got updated to Supersonic+, and I didn't see the feat in full, I'm an idiot.

BTW, can anyone give me the link to the second thread?

We can do this one first tho

Will that make it higher than usual by a significantly greater amount? Otherwise we can just say "At least Supersonic"
Again, Kabal's feat is already Supersonic+ (959 m/s or Mach 2.7975378893119, Supersonic+ starts at Mach 2.5 or 857.5 m/s)

I remember it being Supersonic once, guess DMUA updated it down the line.

I didn't see that at first, my bad.
Also from the looks of it I think Kabal moves his blade 5 times, but it moves too fast (for me at least) even when using frame-by-frame on youtube (You can go frame-by-frame using the < and > keys. And Kabal starts reacting to the bullets and slicing them just as the shot cuts to Cassie firing (He keeps cutting the bullets off-screan as well), after which we see Kabal swirling his blades in full action once again (The 4 swings happen when he has already started charging and thus would be shortening his distance from Cassie), so I'm betting it's more than 4 times rotation of the blade for sure.

Long story short, upon looking at the feat more closely, yeah, it should prolly wield slightly higher than what we have now, but hitting Hypersonic is a stretch, maybe high-end Supersonic+.

I'm not sure what to make of that since I don't know calcs, but are you suggesting that Kabal might have a slightly different rating?
No, his speed rating will remain the same most likely (Assuming you take 6 swings), but the speed should be higher than 959 m/s.

But it's just so blurry that detecting the sword spins becomes a royal pain in the ass. But it's definitely at least 5 swings, very likely 6 swings.

7 swings however, even if a bit high-balled, would land him in the Hypersonic range, I wouldn't exactly put it out of the realm of possibility given how freakishly fast Kabal swings those blades.

What about Kabal's movement speed? He seems to move fast enough that he's displayed as a rapidly moving dot on radar.
Kabal's movement speed would remain Subsonic while his combat speed would be at least Supersonic+. Or maybe not Supersonic+, but higher.

I should also mention that the 0.555 meter head size is actually the circumference (The horizontal distance, it's not the vertical height), the actual height of a head from the chin to the top of the head is anywhere from 0.218 m to 0.232 m on average for males. So the distance between Kabal and the gun is likely considerably lower.

So yeah, rejoice. It's an upgrade. Maybe it should remain with Kabal only for speed reasons.

Last edited:
Well if that's the case, can you put in a calc format? Also I'd like a specific number for Kabal's movement because I'm sure that he's much faster than baseline Subsonic

Also forgot about this feat, might yield something impressive or not.

Well if that's the case, can you put in a calc format? Also I'd like a specific number for Kabal's movement because I'm sure that he's much faster than baseline Subsonic
And about this, I already left a comment on DMUA's blog, but sure, if I get the time, I'll redo the calc. Not really much to fix other than the head-size and possibly account for the fact that Kabal swung the sword at least 5 times.

Kabal shouldn't scale to anyone in movement but I think reactions is fair game
I mean, Subsonic movement speed for moving like a blur and perceiving crossbow bolts as slow enough to move away from is hardly anything impressive in the movement speed department.

Combat speed and reactions tho, hooooooooo boi. Kabal is gonna get some serious steroids for this one.

I mean, Subsonic movement speed for moving like a blur and perceiving crossbow bolts as slow enough to move away from is hardly anything impressive in the movement speed department.

Combat speed and reactions tho, hooooooooo boi. Kabal is gonna get some serious steroids for this one.
Wouldn't crossbow be reactions since it's his perception?
And yeah I know I'm just saying hes faster in that arena then the others

Wouldn't crossbow be reactions since it's his perception?
And yeah I know I'm just saying hes faster in that arena then the others
I mean, he physically moved away from the bolts while running head on so it'd scale to his movement speed for sure. If he can casually slice bullets while running forward viewing crossbow bolts in slow-mo and then dancing away from them should be a literal breeze for him, which, as we can see here, is definitely the case.

Speed aside, there's also a vague statement that probably makes sense now. Raiden states that immortals exist outside the normal laws of time, in response to the time merger summoning his past self which erased his present self. This used to be pretty vague, but Shinnok's example might explain this.

When Dark Raiden beheaded Shinnok, the act itself was stated to be irreversible by Kronika (further backed up by the writer himself). What this means in practice is that rewinding time on Shinnok or Cetrion if they happen to be destroyed will not restore them to their previous state. For example, when the Netherrealm temple was restored after the Special Forces blew it up, the head of Shinnok remained intact even in the destruction and appears later on in Aftermath but still as a head. He was likely affected by Kronika's time rewind on the temple since he was put back in his place in the cathedral, but even the rewind didn't restore him back to his body. So the only solution would be to rewind the entire timeline with the Hourglass, which seems to happen instantly once the Hourglass is used (unlike Kronika's own time powers which looks like this)

So what does this mean? Pretty much every other god that's just like Raiden or anyone above him (as long as they're immortal) will have some form of resistance to time manipulation. Example, stuff like rewinding time on Shinnok to put him back in his previous location will work, but manipulating time on Shinnok himself to revert him back to a previous state, turn him into a baby (assuming he was one), age him to death or nonexistence, etc. will not work on him at all. However, something as powerful as the Hourglass' scale of time hax will affect him.

They also might have some form of Acausality, perhaps types 1 and 2, but I'm not familiar or knowledgeable on time mechanics, so help me out on this one.

If it is Acausality this may perhaps be either:

Type 1 (Characters with this type of Acausality are rendered immune to changes in the past and standard temporal paradoxes, but remain just as vulnerable in the present and can be affected by normal Causality Manipulation and similar abilities.),

Type 2 (Characters with this type of Acausality do not exist in either the past or the future, only the present. This means they cannot be affected by changes to the past, while also making them resistant to Precognition that works by viewing the future, as they do not exist within it, and Fate Manipulation, for the same reason. In essence, they are able to choose their own fates, but they remain just as vulnerable at the point in time in which they do exist.), or,

Type 4 (Characters with this type of Acausality operate on a different and irregular system of cause and effect than regular causality. This grants them resistance to abilities such as Causality Manipulation, Fate Manipulation, and Precognition, among others.).

Going by what I've read, it seems like it may be Type 2 due to only one Raiden existing at that singular point in the time merger, but I may be wrong.

Yeah it could be type 2, since time rewind doesn't work on Shinnok. That would imply that Shinnok only exists in one point in time, and attempting to restore him to a previous version of himself will not work. Same for Raiden and other "immortals"

Well let's talk about AP and other related stats. High tiers will scale to Cetrion's bridge feat and Dark Raiden's lightning feat which are both High 8-C+. This includes Raiden/Dark Raiden, Cages with the glow, Liu Kang, Fujin, Shao Kahn, Sindel, Nightwolf's sacrificial attack (doesn't scale to him physically), etc. This also includes the weakened Elder Gods, but they will be At least High 8-C+ since they're weakened during the entirety of MK11. God tiers like Kronika will scale to the same feat, but with an added High 8-C+, likely far higher. That includes God Liu (he's even higher when tapping into the Jinsei which he didn't have at first), Kronika and her stronger forms, God Shang, etc.

That aside, what about the mid tiers and low tiers? Can anyone help me find feats that have already been calculated for them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back