• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Major Mortal Kombat Revision, Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.
He tanks a combined attack from multiple Elder Gods who possessed Raiden, beats the shit out of Raiden/Dark Raiden in the beginning and finale of MK9, takes hits from Raiden and Liu Kang (and managed to cripple the latter in Aftermath), and he's roughly equal to Sindel who kebab'd the White Revenants (who were able to defeat God Liu w/out the Jinsei, who should be equal to Raiden)

Probably be High 8-C

Slightly weaker then Shinnok and co but does account for them being able to harm the likes of Cetrion and stuff

I mean he'd technically scale to Shinnok, but he's slightly weaker than him. If he doesn't scale to him then he wouldn't be High 8-C+ at all. The feats I mentioned still apply, barring the Elder Gods possessing Raiden feat in MK9.

Plus Dark Raiden was only able to harm and decapitate Shinnok who was in a weakened state, and Shao beat Dark Raiden in NRS' Armageddon, so he's still lower than Shinnok but on par with others on his tier.

I really want to finish this seeing how we've reached 5 pages and 400 replies already. The only thing left here is scaling in terms of AP, so here's my "tier list" of MK scaling, complete with every NRS character. Not in order.

Low tiers (9-A):
  • Earthrealmers (Sonya, Jax, Jacqui, Takeda, Kenshi, the Cages w/out glow, Stryker, Kung Lao)
  • Outworlders (Baraka, Mileena, Sheeva, Kintaro, Kollector, Skarlet, D'Vorah, Reptile, Ferra/Torr, Ermac, Shang Tsung, Kotal?)
  • Edenians (Kitana, Jade, Tanya, Rain)
  • Black Dragon (Kano, Erron, Kabal)
  • Lin Kuei (Cyrax, Sektor, Smoke, Sub-Zero before MKX [he had better feats in MKX and 11 compared to MK9]. This also includes their cyborg forms)
  • All Revenants except for Liu Kang
Mid tiers (9-A, possibly High 8-C+):
  • Nightwolf (Assisted Sindel against Cetrion as well as harming her with his strongest attack, beats Geras and dismembers him temporarily, but gets threatened by present Erron's bullets)
  • Noob (Jobber, but him beating Fujin in his temple is canon and can harm him with his attacks)
  • Sub-Zero (I'd argue that his Grandmaster key doesn't have any losses in MKX and 11 that contradict with him being High 8-C+, but he's still weaker than Dark Raiden and Cetrion who gave us the High 8-C feats in the first place)
  • Liu Kang (Consistent top tier in MK9 who beats every low tier in that story and even Shao Kahn, fated to fight Raiden in almost every timeline [his sudden death in MK9 was retconned to them fighting to the death instead], but his revenant has been beaten by the likes of Jax and Cassie despite being able to beat Jacqui, hurt and surprise Raiden with his flying kick after being buffed, effortlessly incap the Aftermath trio with a single attack from an item he acquired, etc.)
  • Quan Chi (Jobs in MKX because he was weakened, but before he did that he was somehow able to hurt Raiden with magic and physical strikes)
  • Scorpion (Does well in MK9 and MKX until you stop playing as him; which gets him beaten by Sonya and Cage without glow. Surprisingly, these two are the only low tiers who have beaten him, the rest are actual top tiers like Raiden and Liu Kang)
  • Geras (Blown up by grenades and an exploding forklift that he couldn't get out of. However, he blocks and deflects a simultaneous attack from Shang and Fujin [the scene should actually give him Attack Reflection since he pushes the attacks back to them both], reacts to and harms Raiden with his physical attacks, and is consistently shown to be unable to be permanently put down by the MK cast, resorting to BFR or inflicting damage that would take more time for him to heal, which they use to retreat before he recovers)
Top tiers:
  • Demigods (Raiden, Fujin, Fire God Liu Kang without the Jinsei)
  • Weakened Cetrion (her dark form doesn't seem to boost her, but it seems to purge her good side that causes her to hold back)
  • The Power Couple
  • Shinnok
Gawd tiers:
  • Kronika
  • Fire God Liu Kang with Jinsei
  • Krown Shang Tsung

Thank you. Is that fine for the rest of you?

Okay. Thank you for the reply.

Tierlist is good but I think 10000 deaths Geras needs to just be Demigod Tier since he was able to put up a decent fight against Raiden and Shao Kahn before dying

I'd argue that his Thousand Deaths key is just the same since he was able to defeat Fujin (before he confronted Raiden in MK11) who is comparable to Raiden. Plus he gains an amp after each death, so it would be quite inconvenient to give him a key based on power levels since Geras is constantly growing stronger, just like how we don't give Doomsday a different key for every time he gets a new power.

Also I forgot about Cyborg Frost, what should her tier be?

True but I’d disagree

At least 9-A likely High 8-C would account for the Fujin stuff and unlike Doomsday we have an outright statement of this character dying thousands of times to prepare for his battle with Raiden

The intent certainly is there for him to have grown significantly stronger and we should probably account for it
Also I forgot about Cyborg Frost, what should her tier be?
She should probably be High 8-C since she
  • fights Scorpion or Sub-Zero in her first fight
  • takes on Raiden in the Sea of blood

She’s not quite like Sektor who doesn’t really have solid scaling to the top tiers and I cant recall her losing to low tiers

Maybe but a key is the best option since we don’t want people to get the wrong idea on how much he gets from each death

You see, the tier I listed for Geras is 9-A, possibly High 8-C+. If we were to add another key where he is High 8-C+, it wouldn't make sense since he already has that tier in his previous key. There's no difference in stats between the two keys, and it would be better to give him a "higher with enough deaths or something" tier but with a note that should prevent NLFs with his powers.

Speaking of Geras' power boost upon death, it seems to be enough to allow him to casually shrug off attacks that would normally harm him. In Aftermath, Shang's normal fireball doesn't have much of an effect on him, but when Shang amplifies his fire skull uses his fire skull, it knocks him a considerable distance before seemingly putting him out. However, after he recovers, he proceeds to block a combined attack from both Shang and Fujin, before defeating them. He wasn't able to do all this before that, as Shang was able to stagger him with his magic.

You see, the tier I listed for Geras is 9-A, possibly High 8-C+. If we were to add another key where he is High 8-C+, it wouldn't make sense since he already has that tier in his previous key. There's no difference in stats between the two keys, and it would be better to give him a "higher with enough deaths or something" tier but with a note that should prevent NLFs with his powers.
The difference is Ten Thousand Deaths Geras (cool name btw) has no other feats but fighting and losing to Raiden and Shao

Base Geras’ key at least accounts for his variation before the third act

The thing you noted is also something we could use under his empowerment or adaptation

That's exactly why we shouldn't give him a new key. It may sound cool to name him like that, but for the sake of indexing that key doesn't have anything new or notable to put in.

So have you reached any agreements here?

I agree with Ecstasy scaling

About Frost, I don't see her at Mid, honestly

Losing against Scorpion, Sub Zero and Raiden doesn't quite seem impressive for me, however yeah she doesn't have anti feats like Sektor

I really want to finish this seeing how we've reached 5 pages and 400 replies already. The only thing left here is scaling in terms of AP, so here's my "tier list" of MK scaling, complete with every NRS character. Not in order.

Low tiers (9-A):
  • Earthrealmers (Sonya, Jax, Jacqui, Takeda, Kenshi, the Cages w/out glow, Stryker, Kung Lao)
  • Outworlders (Baraka, Mileena, Sheeva, Kintaro, Kollector, Skarlet, D'Vorah, Reptile, Ferra/Torr, Ermac, Shang Tsung, Kotal?)
  • Edenians (Kitana, Jade, Tanya, Rain)
  • Black Dragon (Kano, Erron, Kabal)
  • Lin Kuei (Cyrax, Sektor, Smoke, Frost, Sub-Zero before MKX [he had better feats in MKX and 11 compared to MK9]. This also includes their cyborg forms)
  • All Revenants except for Liu Kang
Mid tiers (9-A, possibly High 8-C+):
  • Nightwolf (Assisted Sindel against Cetrion as well as harming her with his strongest attack, beats Geras and dismembers him temporarily, but gets threatened by present Erron's bullets)
  • Noob (Jobber, but him beating Fujin in his temple is canon and can harm him with his attacks)
  • Sub-Zero (I'd argue that his Grandmaster key doesn't have any losses in MKX and 11 that contradict with him being High 8-C+, but he's still weaker than Dark Raiden and Cetrion who gave us the High 8-C feats in the first place)
  • Liu Kang (Consistent top tier in MK9 who beats every low tier in that story and even Shao Kahn, fated to fight Raiden in almost every timeline [his sudden death in MK9 was retconned to them fighting to the death instead], but his revenant has been beaten by the likes of Jax and Cassie despite being able to beat Jacqui, hurt and surprise Raiden with his flying kick after being buffed, effortlessly incap the Aftermath trio with a single attack from an item he acquired, etc.)
  • Quan Chi (Jobs in MKX because he was weakened, but before he did that he was somehow able to hurt Raiden with magic and physical strikes)
  • Scorpion (Does well in MK9 and MKX until you stop playing as him; which gets him beaten by Sonya and Cage without glow. Surprisingly, these two are the only low tiers who have beaten him, the rest are actual top tiers like Raiden and Liu Kang)
  • Geras (Blown up by grenades and an exploding forklift that he couldn't get out of. However, he blocks and deflects a simultaneous attack from Shang and Fujin [the scene should actually give him Attack Reflection since he pushes the attacks back to them both], reacts to and harms Raiden with his physical attacks, and is consistently shown to be unable to be permanently put down by the MK cast, resorting to BFR or inflicting damage that would take more time for him to heal, which they use to retreat before he recovers)
I added Frost to the low tiers

So does everyone agree on the scaling tier list? I think we might have to add some ratings justifications for each character now.

I think Joker had something to do with MKvDC which was confirmed canon, and he's the only connection that NRS era games have with the DC universe. Hence his profile was made.
ah that makes sense, but i do still wonder where Spawn would fall, wouldn't be Low Tier I know that for a fact listening to his intro dialougues

Spawn would definitely be Top tier with Raiden. Although I feel he might be higher since it's implied that Malebolgia is just as strong as Kronika, who was also defeated and banished by Spawn himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back