• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Major Mortal Kombat Revision, Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay. If you need somebody to calculate the feat, I could ask some calc group members.

If you write down all available information that is useful for calculating feats, I can ask some calc group members for help.

Also I noticed something about the gate blasting feat that King suggested. When Fujin was about to wear the crown, the clouds in the sky gradually begin to shift before he gains focus and starts destroying the gate with his powers. I don't know if that's usable for ratings and I'm not knowledgeable on feats and calcs, so I'll just hear what you guys can say about it.
Here's the last feat that we need calculated. Details included.

Also I noticed something about the gate blasting feat that King suggested. When Fujin was about to wear the crown, the clouds in the sky gradually begin to shift before he gains focus and starts destroying the gate with his powers. I don't know if that's usable for ratings and I'm not knowledgeable on feats and calcs, so I'll just hear what you guys can say about it.
@Migue79 @Armorchompy @KieranH10 @DemonGodMitchAubin @Jasonsith @Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan

Would any of you be willing to calculate this feat and tell us about it here please?

Bump

Posting this last uncalced feat again before it gets buried

Gate opening feat... The gate seems opens the normal sliding gate way. Not impressive if you ask me.
You missed something that I mentioned

"When Fujin was about to wear the crown, the clouds in the sky gradually begin to shift before he gains focus and starts destroying the gate with his powers. I don't know if that's usable for ratings and I'm not knowledgeable on feats and calcs, so I'll just hear what you guys can say about it."

You missed something that I mentioned

"When Fujin was about to wear the crown, the clouds in the sky gradually begin to shift before he gains focus and starts destroying the gate with his powers. I don't know if that's usable for ratings and I'm not knowledgeable on feats and calcs, so I'll just hear what you guys can say about it."
@Jasonsith

Anyway, what has been decided here earlier? Are there any calculated feats that you can use to make the MK profile pages more reliable?

Making a new one so that people seeing this won't be confused next time

The feat in question is the cloud moving feat that happens when Fujin puts on the Krown. Not the gate busting feat after that. When he puts it on, the clouds at the top of the screen (look carefully) start shifting rapidly before it begins to slow down, implying that Fujin had to control this power before using it.

Basicly, Elder Gods and those who scale would be High 8-C+ or High 8-C, based on:
Cetrion's bridge feat
Raiden's lightning strike feat

We are waiting for the Raiden feat to be evaluated.
We are also waiting for someone who can do cloud calculations to find what Fujin's cloud feat yields; the clouds suddenly started to move very quickly just before he put on Kronika's crown (though it is up to interpretation whether this scales to base Fujin or to the crown itself)

After those two things are done, we hand-pick a few characters who we think are properly Elder-God level (though we can't be sure about some characters since the power levels are inconsistent, and the story is full of retcons), and almost all characters would be Tier 9.

Basicly, Elder Gods and those who scale would be High 8-C+ or High 8-C, based on:
Cetrion's bridge feat
Raiden's lightning strike feat
I think it might make sense to have the Gods at High 8-C with Elder Gods at High 8-C+

It makes sense with them being stronger but also not immeasurably above what the Gods do (Fuji’s wounding Cetrion with help)
After those two things are done, we hand-pick a few characters who we think are properly Elder-God level (though we can't be sure about some characters since the power levels are inconsistent, and the story is full of retcons), and almost all characters would be Tier 9.
Nightwolf definitely is with his lightning attack but he’s likely lower without it

I think we should make a tier list of character scaling if we're done with the cloud feat, whether it's accepted or not.
Nightwolf definitely is with his lightning attack but he’s likely lower without it
Do you mean his sacrificial attack that he used on Sindel and Cetrion or his lightning bolts, because those two are very different powers despite both being tier 8.

I think we should make a tier list of character scaling if we're done with the cloud feat, whether it's accepted or not.
Good idea
Could help to figure out who’s what
Do you mean his sacrificial attack that he used on Sindel and Cetrion or his lightning bolts, because those two are very different powers despite both being tier 8.
The bolts he uses on Sindel and Crtrion

They’re different but they seem to further the idea certain powers are higher then his physicals

The attack that he used on the ladies aren't his lightning bolts, it's a more like a beam of blue light. IIRC Nightwolf did use lightning on Sindel in MK9 but the attack didn't seem to work on her, forcing him to use his light beams instead. Both attacks have the same incantation if you notice carefully but they're still different.

How long has MK been in revision hell for? God damn
You know, this CRT would've been finished quite fast seeing how MK is a popular verse. Ironically, there isn't much activity in this thread despite MK's popularity, plus the slow movement of calcs (not blaming anyone btw) made it stall for months. At least the thread is not long because of toxicity and bad behavior.

Making a new one so that people seeing this won't be confused next time

The feat in question is the cloud moving feat that happens when Fujin puts on the Krown. Not the gate busting feat after that. When he puts it on, the clouds at the top of the screen (look carefully) start shifting rapidly before it begins to slow down, implying that Fujin had to control this power before using it.
@Executor_N0 @Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan @Mr._Bambu @Therefir @Ugarik @DMUA @Damage3245 @DemonGodMitchAubin @Jasonsith @Wokistan @Armorchompy @KieranH10 @Migue79

Would any of you be willing to help us out by calculating the feat in the post above please? This thread has been going on for many months without a conclusion.
We also need the above feat to be evaluated.

Okay. The calc group members seem unwilling to perform a final calculation for us though. Is it very important for proper scaling?

Okay. The calc group members seem unwilling to perform a final calculation for us though. Is it very important for proper scaling?
Yes it is important. It's probably the best feat that we've seen in the cutscenes so we really need to know if we can use it or not, especially when the feat in question is used by a high tier character who wielded an item that was made by god tiers.

Okay. I will try again.

@Executor_N0 @Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan @Mr._Bambu @Therefir @Ugarik @DMUA @Damage3245 @DemonGodMitchAubin @Jasonsith @Wokistan @Armorchompy @KieranH10 @Migue79 @M3X @KLOL506

We seriously need some help with calculating the above mentioned feat, so we can finally reach a conclusion to this revision after many months of discussion.

The issue isn't even "this is a cloud calc". That bit is easy, the cloud can be assumed to have an average mass. This is really just a KE calc. That's the problem- discerning speed from this is, as far as I can tell, fairly impossible since we have nothing to discern how large the clouds actually are.

My advice, since it seems everyone has been like me and avoiding responding, is this: forget the feat. It seems unlikely that it can be calculated and similarly may well result in no significant change in stats, if any at all. I'd move on and work with the plethora of calculations already done for this. I feel this CRT has achieved a good few and should be able to get a grip on what is and isn't consistent from them.

The issue isn't even "this is a cloud calc". That bit is easy, the cloud can be assumed to have an average mass. This is really just a KE calc. That's the problem- discerning speed from this is, as far as I can tell, fairly impossible since we have nothing to discern how large the clouds actually are.
Oh. That is a major problem then.

@Ecstasy_Amphetamine

Would it be possible for us to revise the characters without a calculation for this, or should I ask DontTalk as well?

My advice, since it seems everyone has been like me and avoiding responding, is this: forget the feat. It seems unlikely that it can be calculated and similarly may well result in no significant change in stats, if any at all. I'd move on and work with the plethora of calculations already done for this. I feel this CRT has achieved a good few and should be able to get a grip on what is and isn't consistent from them.
Yes, that seems like the least bad solution here.

Hmm if it seems that way then I guess we're done with calcs. I think we can just determine the tiers now, preferably through a ranked list.

As for the discussion, I believe the people who said that they will help with it can come out now.

Also I made part 2 of the revisions, it's separated from this one so I thought starting it early was fine.

If you write a list of the people that have helped out in this thread earlier, I can send notifications to them.

However, first you need to write a post that properly explains what we currently need to discuss and decide here.

There's only Hellbeast, Dante Demon Killah, and maybe SamanPatou.

Now that we have feats, all we need to do is discuss who scales to their respective feats and put them in a ranked tier list for convenience

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back