• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Major Mortal Kombat Revision, Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.
There have been a couple of proposed tier list:

Cetrion would definitely scale to:
  1. Cosmic MILF Kronika
  2. Shinnok (Since hes her equal and Corrupted Shinnok was supposedly a threat to the Elder Gods)
  3. Green Halo Johnny (Battled Shinnok)
  4. Fire God Liu (Bested an amped Kronika)
  5. Lord of Time Shang Tsung (By his word is equal to Kronika before besting her in kombat and eating her soul)
  6. Soul Krown Jacqui (Able to battle base Cetrion to a stand still)
  7. Soul Krown Jax (^)
You could argue other top tiers backscale judging by The Aftermath Gang's performance against her and the White Revenants collectively threatening Super Saiyan Liu (We see Shao and Sindel are roughly equivalent to them)

I do agree we should find some other feats for the top tiers. Raiden has his lightning (I'm not sure of the timeframe tho) and hating bridges

Maybe I could start a Doc and categorize anything solid?

I̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶K̶o̶m̶i̶c̶s̶ ̶w̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶o̶n̶ ̶w̶e̶ ̶c̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶j̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶u̶p̶s̶c̶a̶l̶e̶ ̶f̶r̶o̶m̶ ̶K̶o̶t̶a̶l̶ ̶o̶n̶e̶s̶h̶o̶t̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶H̶i̶g̶h̶ ̶8̶-̶C̶ ̶O̶n̶i̶ ̶(̶C̶o̶n̶s̶i̶s̶t̶e̶n̶t̶)̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶T̶r̶e̶m̶o̶r̶'̶s̶ ̶C̶i̶t̶y̶ ̶B̶l̶o̶c̶k̶ ̶e̶a̶r̶t̶h̶q̶u̶a̶k̶e̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶D̶o̶m̶ ̶s̶a̶y̶s̶ ̶f̶u̶c̶k̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶w̶e̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶'̶t̶

So it seems that characters can be split in 3 groups:
1) Low-Mid tiers: 90% of the characters.
2) High tiers: Liu Kang, Shao Khan, Raiden, Fujin, Sindel, weakened Cetrion...
3) God tiers: Kronika, Fire God Liu Kang, Transfomed Cetrion...
Grandmaster Hanzo and Sub-zero would be somewhere between 1 and 2, and Shinok would be between 2 and 3.

The ones I say qualify for the top tier scaling are:
  • Kronika
  • Shinnok
  • Cetrion
  • [Green] Johnny Cage
  • [Green] Cassie Cage
  • [Fire God] Liu Kang
  • [Crown] Shang Tsung
  • [Crown] Jax
  • [Crown] Jacquie

The ones who maybe qualify:
  • Shao Kahn
  • Sindel
  • Raiden
  • Fujin
  • Geras
  • Nightwolf
  • Shang Tsung
  • Liu Kang
  • Kitana
  • Scorpion
  • Sub-Zero
  • Noob Saibot

Nightwolf doesn't scale to top tiers, he gets beaten by characters on a lower level like Scorpion and present era Erron Black gave him trouble with his guns. He's at the top of mid tiers at best, just below the likes of Raiden, Fujin, etc. His strongest attack which is the beam thing he uses on Sindel and Cetrion should scale though.

Do we accept higher tiers for people who had them via optional equipment? Otherwise Fujin, Jax, and Jacqui can't have higher ratings via the Krown.

I have a feeling Shao might be with the likes of Cetrion and Shinnok. There's a statement where he brags about Shinnok being weak in the Aftermath story mode:

"Shinnok schemed because he was worthless in battle. That you beat him only proves that truth."

Coupled with Shao beating the White Revenants who gave God Liu (without Jinsei yet) a hard time in battle before beating him, as well as him initially laughing off an attack from Raiden who was possessed by the Elder Gods, he'd be pretty high in the tier list.

Kitana just blinded him in the eyes, which is a common weakpoint to strike against especially with thin sharp weapons. Only her revenant boosted by Kronika would be as high as the others.

I agree with Ecstasy

I also see that we are scalling Low-Mid Tiers on around the same AP, but they shouldn't be on speed

Sub Zero has that Hypersonic feat, that scales to Scorpion and people on his level, the Mid Tiers

Shinnok has that MHS+ that scales to the Top Tiers

And I guess God Tiers are going to be "At least MHS+"

Nightwolf doesn't scale to top tiers, he gets beaten by characters on a lower level like Scorpion and present era Erron Black gave him trouble with his guns. He's at the top of mid tiers at best, just below the likes of Raiden, Fujin, etc. His strongest attack which is the beam thing he uses on Sindel and Cetrion should scale though.
Agreed
Do we accept higher tiers for people who had them via optional equipment? Otherwise Fujin, Jax, and Jacqui can't have higher ratings via the Krown.
I’d say so since the Krown is an important plot device
I have a feeling Shao might be with the likes of Cetrion and Shinnok. There's a statement where he brags about Shinnok being weak in the Aftermath story mode:

"Shinnok schemed because he was worthless in battle. That you beat him only proves that truth."
Shao is insanely arrogant and he only beat Cassie without the Green Glow

He still was relative to Liu and raiden who are somewhat below Shinnok

Coupled with Shao beating the White Revenants who gave God Liu (without Jinsei yet) a hard time in battle before beating him, as well as him initially laughing off an attack from Raiden who was possessed by the Elder Gods, he'd be pretty high in the tier list.
Shao beat one of them, not three which is consistent with the idea him and the Demigod tiers are slightly weaker then the Elder Gods
mostly fine

Thank you for the input. You all need to try to work out some solutions then.

Feel free to implement any changes to this. It's a combination of the stuff shown in this forum

AP and other related stats (notable examples are used, specific scaling might be used later):

Low tiers (includes SF characters, some Outworlders, and those who scale): 9-A scaling from various feats
Mid tiers (Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Nightwolf, Geras, Ermac, and maybe Shang, etc.): This is a weird spot since they have feats of harming high tiers but get beaten by lower tiers and people among this tier. Input appreciated.
Top tiers (Liu Kang, Shinnok, Shao, demigods, anyone [that's not Kronika/Shang] with the Krown, etc.): High 8-C+, "At least High 8-C+, likely higher" for the likes of Cetrion and others since she was not at full power when she did all her feats in MK11
God tiers (God Liu, Krown Shang, Kronika): "At least High 8-C+, likely far higher" from scaling Raiden and Cetrion's feat but they could be higher than suggested based on endings and cinematics (mostly Cetrion's giantess finisher and endings with characters holding planets in their hands, but unfortunately it's not canon)

Speed stats:

Low tiers: Peak human move speed and Subsonic move speed for Kabal only, higher with green powers (only for those who have it). Supersonic+ reaction speed
Mid tiers: Yet another weird spot just like the AP counterpart
Top tiers: Hypersonic+ move speed and MHS+ reaction and combat speed
God tiers: Ditto, likely far higher

Hypersonic+ in reactions and combat speed? Some mid tiers are slower than that, like Nightwolf

Could be good, I'd like to hear everyone else's thoughts so we can wrap up the scaling

Hypersonic+ in reactions and combat speed? Some mid tiers are slower than that, like Nightwolf

Could be good, I'd like to hear everyone else's thoughts so we can wrap up the scaling
Well the result is from Sub Zero, so only the Mid Tiers that fought him should scale, Nightwolf is a example of one that scales in AP, but his speed would he Low Tier in my opinion

And afaik the feat is Movement aswell, right ? I remember them being Hypersonic+ in movement with MHS+ Combat and Reaction speed

It's from the Sub Zero Vs Sektor section, which still happened by MK11

Now if we can't use nothing from there, used on MK11 or not, F

Thank you. The result can probably be applied then.

So, we have their AP and their speed

But just to be sure, I believe we should debate a little bit more about the Tiers and who are in them

One example is Noob, he fought Cyber Sub Zero (who was Low Tier at that time), fought Hanzo/Sub Zero in 11 but lost to any of them, then he lose to Jax/Jacqui in Shang Tsung Island, I don't see that being a Mid Tier record

Same goes to Sektor, he lost to Sub Zero/Hanzo in 11 then lost to Cage, yet both are listed as 7-B, scalling to the Grandmasters, despite Base Cage scaling to the Low Tiers

Now, Geras and Scorpion, for example, have some interesting feats against High Tiers like Raiden and Fujin. On Scorpion's Chapter he defeated Grandmaster Sub Zero and Raiden, and I know Raiden wasn't at full power but he really didn't had a reason to hold back, since at that time he was being used

Maybe "At most High 8-C" ? The problem is that it was Spectre Scorpion who did both of these feats, and that version of Scorpion wasn't that impressive in MKX, being defeated by Cage and Sonya (Completely bs but...yeah)

So, we have their AP and their speed

But just to be sure, I believe we should debate a little bit more about the Tiers and who are in them

One example is Noob, he fought Cyber Sub Zero (who was Low Tier at that time), fought Hanzo/Sub Zero in 11 but lost to any of them, then he lose to Jax/Jacqui in Shang Tsung Island, I don't see that being a Mid Tier record

Same goes to Sektor, he lost to Sub Zero/Hanzo in 11 then lost to Cage, yet both are listed as 7-B, scalling to the Grandmasters, despite Base Cage scaling to the Low Tiers

Now, Geras and Scorpion, for example, have some interesting feats against High Tiers like Raiden and Fujin. On Scorpion's Chapter he defeated Grandmaster Sub Zero and Raiden, and I know Raiden wasn't at full power but he really didn't had a reason to hold back, since at that time he was being used

Maybe "At most High 8-C" ? The problem is that it was Spectre Scorpion who did both of these feats, and that version of Scorpion wasn't that impressive in MKX, being defeated by Cage and Sonya (Completely bs but...yeah)
"Possibly High 8-C" is better since it's quite indeterminate, but there's still proof to their ratings.

New speed ratings

Low tiers: Peak Human with Hypersonic reactions and combat speed. Kabal is Subsonic in movement speed with Hypersonic reaction and combat speed
Mid tiers: Kind of a mixed tier, ranging from Peak Human with Hypersonic reactions to Hypersonic+ move speed and MHS+ reactions and combat speed
High tiers: Hypersonic+ move speed and MHS+ reactions and combat speed
God tiers: Ditto, with an added "likely far higher"

Wait, the MHS+ feat comes from Shinnok right ?

If that's the case, the Mid Tiers shouldn't have that level of reaction and combat speed, and we still need to see what the others think about Scorpion, Geras and Sub Zero having Possibly High 8-C/MHS+ ratings before adding the changes

I'd argue that only a few Mid tiers would scale to Shinnok and anyone else with him in his tier. Scorpion and Geras fought on par against Raiden, Noob was able to harm Fujin (and Sub-Zero beat the former)

Can somebody summarise the arguments here so far and the reasons for them please?

Last edited:
Sorry. I accidentally wrote "agreements" instead of "arguments".

I corrected it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back