• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Major Mario CRT 2: The Lost Levels

I am not sure. Do Dino and Medeus agree with Gyro?

I am waiting for a response from Gyro. As I've proved, Mario survived death from an attack way stronger than him, to the point it one-shots him. I'll say this again.

What the fate manipulation prevents: Death, Permanent incapacitation (Such as being BFR'd with no way out). These two things contradict Mario's wish in always being able to save Peach, as if he's dead or forever gone, then there is simply no way for him to save her the next time Bowser, King Boo, or anyone else attempting to kidnap her. This is because Mario won't be there. Ever.

What the fate manipulation DOESN'T prevent: Knock outs (With enough strength or power, knocking out Mario is 100% a valid way to win as he won't be dying and thus not contradict his wish), temporary incapacitation (If for example someone puts Mario to sleep and it lasts say, a week, then this is another way to bypass the fate manipulation. As the long as the incapacitation in mind is not permanent, it's a valid wincon to beat the ability).

@NotAMarioFan

Okay.

@DatOneWeeb

I suppose that seems to make sense, but let's wait to see what the others think.

@datoneweeb not to mention every other village in the marioverse that caused havoc still counts. Also bowser constantly kidnapped peach on a daily

This is just a notification about that all discussion posts made after April 14 will disappear in the new forum, so if there are any important content revisions that need to be referenced in the new forum, please back them up here:

https://archive.org/web/

The threads can be updated with later backups if more posts are made in them.

If they have reached an agreement, I would appreciate if one of the staff members could apply the edits.

Since it's been 2 days since anyone has replies to my post (6 days if you count all of the huge counter arguments no one brought up), I think I might as well just make the changes. However, I'll give them one more day if anyone wants to bring up anything else. If not, I'm making the changes since this thread almost has its limit reached. I'll discuss the resistances another time.

Okay. Will you apply the changes accepted by the staff? If so, I can give you temporary editing rights.

DDM nor Dino have given a response, along with Gyro. Which is why I say to give them one more chance to reply, or at least a "I'll respond later". If not, I think it's fair to just edit them if no one bothers to reply.

Sorry for not responding sooner, I personally got lost in the conversation and wanted to hear either Gyro or Dino to take a look.

Feel free to ask them to comment here via their message walls.

Also, the Power Stars' variable tier should be changed from High 4-C to 3-C into 4-A to 3-C. The Grand Star's variable tier should be removed and just have it be Low 2-C.

Updated Power Stars, and for Grand Stars. It was accepted to be Low 2-C when Bowser uses them at the end of each Mario Galaxy game. But I don't think we accepted Bowser Jr's mechs as Low 2-C.

DatOneWeeb said:
I listed that knocking out Mario with sheer strength is a wincon that can be used against him as it's been shown to affect him. As long as the person doesn't kill hik while he's knocked out, it'll be fine. It still contradicts the whole wish in the first place which others are kinda ignoring.
Sorry for the late response again, this seems fine. Although in the cases you've shown, the Bros are knocked out by the lethal force, so it's not like an attack that one-shots Mario will have less of an effect than an attack that is weaker but is enough to knock out Mario.

I won't make a third part to this due to the forum move and that almost everything has been covered. But if this thread does reach the limit, changes can be discussed here.

Okay. So what, if anything, is left to do here?

I think it's concluded now, perhaps locking the Mario page back up is all that's needed left.

Back