• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I didn't realise setting a minimum bounds was a thing. Tho it would be 10x human, as the minimum bounds for all servants are. The absolute maximum would be Alaya's physical level, as they are tapping into her power source. Its not hard

The tier is Varies, what gave you the idea we were sticking Unknown on every stat?

The same way we have other characters who have their power vary depending on the level of their opponent, such as Darwin. Not sure what Alaya's stats are off the top of my head tho

Attack Potency: Varies (Counter Guardians are summed with a Stat advantage over their target that secures their victory), at least Wall Level (even the weakest servant is at least 10 times superior to a normal human) at most [whatever Alaya's physical tier is, or if we decide on a different cap.]

Speed: Varies, atleast SuperHuman, at most [See Above. The Types have Immeasurable Speed right?]

Durability: Varies, at least Wall Level, at most [See Above]

Stamina: Limitless (Alaya is the source of their stamina, so they will not tire)

We can leave out the Out most tho, if you feel it is rather sloppy. Varied tier characters on this site don't seem to require a bounds listed for their power. The other stats would follow suit. Note that these would be in the form of a new key

@Iapitus

I don't remember it ever being said that Counter Guardians gain Ultimate One-like stat boosts from it. Joan of Arc certainly didn't and she was guided and empowered by the Counter Force as well.

Reppuzan said:
@Iapitus
I don't remember it ever being said that Counter Guardians gain Ultimate One-like stat boosts from it. Joan of Arc certainly didn't and she was guided and empowered by the Counter Force as well.
They gain the stat boost they need to win. Jeanne was as strong as she needed to be, or at least as strong as the force assumed she needed to be. I don't believe I ever claimed they gain some "Ultimate-One" stat boosts (unless I missunderstand what you mean by that).

@Iapitus

Where's your proof of this? She got captured by British mooks.

You keep saying that they get the power they need to win but where is your evidence of this?

Reppuzan said:
@Iapitus
Where's your proof of this? She got captured by British mooks.

You keep saying that they get the power they need to win but where is your evidence of this?
Literally in the quote straight from the official description that I have in the original post. Also, its been a while since i beet Orleans. I know she was guided by god, but I do not recall if she was summoned by the force or not. Do you have scans that she was? I hope we aren't going to take the "God" is the counter force route.

" "...The Counter Force will always appear with a status above the target, enough to absolutely secure a victory.
Normally, the Counter Force empowers "a normal person" to remove the factor that can trigger destruction. As a result, these individuals are worshiped as "Heroes". " look at my original case in the post.

@Iapitus

But the only things we've seen Counter Guardians pitted against are people. Archer doesn't need a boost for that.

Boi wtf are you talking about? We've seen Assassin EMIYA as a counter guardian during F/GO. Where did you get that we have only seen counter guardians against normal humans from?

@Iapitus

The video you linked above only showed Archer wiping out militants and terrorists.

Kiritsugu was called in against Angra Mainyu, but he didn't receive any meaningful stat boost from it.

Yeah because that scan was meant to prove that they are concious. It was not for the power boost.

He also engaged in combat with several other servants at once. But whatever, if we don't know the upper limit then we can put a note about that at the bottum. Again, this is about cataloging stats and abilities. Putting this key fulfils the purpose that it is meant to

Counter Guardians typically manifest as formless natural disasters such as hurricanes, earthquakes and volcanic eruptions, but in the event they are summoned in a humanoid form, they are completely unconscious. The reason EMIYA was capable of feeling regret over his actions as a CG is because he is given a record of his exploits upon returning to the Throne of Heroes. Records that he can view like memories, just like every other Heroic Spirit can for each of their own incarnations.

Kiritsugu's case was special in that he was summoned into a Singularity, where Alaya has limited ability to interfere. Possibly enough to send a CG, but not enough to properly empower them or remove their consciousness. It's also possible that Alaya considered Chaldea's interference as suitable for the purpose of resolving the threat, but had already sent Kiritsugu anyway due to not being able to foresee their arrival (due to the nature of leyshfiting); instead deciding to cease direct support of Kiritsugu. Point is, Kerry's manifestation as a CG was an extremely special case, as was already established.

Since there's no profile for Alaya, I personally think that a key for Counter Guardian versions should be added on the two EMIYAs' profiles, if only to show that the ability exists. But only in the case where we can actually quantify their abilities (which afaik, we can't).

The issue is deciding the caps in their parameters; that is, the cap in any Counter Guardian's abilities when fully supported by Alaya. Of which we only really have one statement to go off of: the statement by Nasu that it takes 7 Counter Guardians to restrain Primate Murder (aka Beast IV). Do with that information what you will, I suppose.

Back