• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Gilgamesh not being able to know that Archer is still alive might be a major PIS.

Can someone summarise the things that will get added/revised and the things still being discussed?

him being killed and resummoned takes less assumptions and generates less plot holes and PIS.

I'll see what I can do. I have in the post above what got accepted and rejected already. The Atomization seems like its going to get accepted, the Jeanne thing is rapping up, and Counter Guardian Keys are still being discussed right now

@Iapitus Yes it would because it's an inconsistency.

Also

"In addition, even if Emiya's spiritual core sustained lethal damage, he can still survive for a short period. This ability is the reason why Emiya is able to secretly observe Shirou and gang's battle as a spiritual body after being defeated by Shirou." straight from complete materials III.

Your CG theory is directly contradicted.

Also there is this proving that CG's aren't in control at all.

"Those who were rarely worshipped were included in the classification of "Counter Guardians", and were utilized as an unconscious Counter Force. " Side Materials.

"The red cloak fluttering in the wind shows no trace of what it used to be.
The cloak is cut everywhere, and his armor is cracked and torn.
His existence is weak.
Standing there haughtily, the knight begins to disappear from his feet up.

And it is still there before her eyes.
He has remained in this world to save her at the last moment.
He lost his Master and received the king of heroes' Noble Phantasms.
His body was disappearing, but he did not come to her and ask for help, and he instead watched over this battle.
And the end is in front of her."

yeah, this has always been a bit of a headscratcher, all things considered. you can possibly justify this with how close to disappearing he was and how Gilgamesh is a flesh and blood person now for why he didnt detect him, but he was very clearly still alive after the assault

@Embrace

Gilgamesh was wholly focused on Shirou, was occupied by being sucked into the Grail, and just had his arm cut off. It's kind of easy to not notice someone pointing an arrow at you in the bush when all of that is happening at once.

Also, it was mostly PIS that Archer survived when Heracles couldn't after being impaled with that many Noble Phantasms.

Ehhhh

Enough to delete everything within the Moon Cell at once probably... sooooo

At least enough to delete a planet

A;right, let's hope it doesn't glitch and delete my comment again

@Ramses

fair enough.

Damn that opens like 4 different plot holes, but I'll take the L on that. Tho I will say that it wasn't so much a theory (MatPat style), but just a missinterpretation of what was happening as I watched through. However, there are still examples of us Seeing active Counter Gaurdians

That quote says the Counter Force itself is mindless, which I agree on, but the summoned Guardians are very clearly not mindless, as we have seen.

EMIYA's back story shows he is very much concious, far from Mindless. First off, he has memories of his time acting as a counter guardian. If he was mindless, then we would have none. He says he chose to Obey his orders, which means he could have chosen not to. He had a concious at first, and only stopped caring about killing after killing many times. A mindless being has no consience. He has enough mind to think about philosophy, change his world view, and develop his ideals. Mindless beings don't do philosphy. Archer does imply that their summoning and missions are automatic, but he himself is concious.

I really don't understand were you are coming from when you say we have never seen an active Counter Gaurdian. Assassin EMIYA has been seen active and concsious in Grand Order. He is stated to be mostly void of most emotions, but its implied he is the exception not the rule. Even so, he shows a complecated love for his kids, and an attraction and love for his wife, even if he does not understand why. He shows intention, personal intentions that a mindless being would not have, such as taking a less efficient path to protecting humanity just so he can avoid killing Iris.

Also, did Saber's Atomization get accepted? I think it did over all. And people seem to already use it in the threads, so I guess I'll go ahead and add it

@Iapitus

We still don't know nearly enough about Counter Guardian feats to give EMIYA an extra key, much less another profile.

I don't know if Atomization was accepted.

Reppuzan said:
@Iapitus
We still don't know nearly enough about Counter Guardian feats to give EMIYA an extra key, much less another profile.

I don't know if Atomization was accepted.
We know enough for a key. The new keys would simply be "varies" for all physical stats across the board. I already gave guide book statements as validation. It would increase as to give them an advantage over their enemy. Its about as much as we have for many other servants. I agree that it isn't worth a new profile tho, just a new key

Most were either nuetral or accepted it. Monarch said it got accepted a while ago, but seemingly never got added to the profile. Also it aparently gets used in matches all the time

@Iaptius

I refuse to allow a profile to have nothing but varies. It's stupid, lazy, and illogical.

I still don't see a consensus on atomization and I don't like it when people make changes without authorization.

I said that it hits every atom, because that's explicitly what the LN says.

Whether or not it atomises is different

Reppuzan said:
@Iaptius
I refuse to allow a profile to have nothing but varies. It's stupid, lazy, and illogical.

I still don't see a consensus on atomization and I don't like it when people make changes without authorization.
why? We know they can't excede the power of Alaya so let's have them vary up to Solar System level or something. Also its not a profile, its a key. This is a site about the documentation powers and stats, if it is acurate then the key does its job and should be included. Wanna explain how its illogical? Simple =/= Lazy.

Prom said yes, Monarch said he agreed that it attacks every atom. attacking every atom would result in atomization tho it would not bypass durability. You said you thought it was concrete. The others didn't have an opinion on it.

Monarch Laciel said:
I said that it hits every atom, because that's explicitly what the LN says.
Whether or not it atomises is different
if you attack every atom then it would result in atomization, tho it would not bypass durability. If I attack every single part of a structure with the force to break it apart, then it will fall apart all over.

Boi I was pulling a tier out of my ass for the sake example. I didn't literally mean to put him at solar system level for crying out loud. I just meant we can find a cap to put the varies at

Except we have no idea of his lower bounds or his upper bounds.

Meaning that it's unquantifiable and it would be exactly like slapping Unknown on every stat.

Back