• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Madness Combat Ratings: What in Jebus' name happened

Okay, so I've been recently away from VSBW a bit and it seems the Madness Combat ratings have changed.

I'll start by saying that the current rating are extremely bad, with calcs being pure layers of nonsense stacked on-top of one another.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/U...5/Madness_Combat:_Never_Fuck_With_The_Messiah

Let's start off here, shall we.

The calc does big mind gymnastics to assume the existence of several rooms, which are not seen in the video AT ALL. There's no solid evidence that they are there, so they shouldn't be assumed they are there.

Also it assumes that the building is made of steel, despite the fact that it very clearly concrete, in both texture and how it cracks. Psychomaster justifies steel by saying that some military buildings are made of steel, but fails to realise that most are not and especially not the cube-pile style of building. Also there's the fact the walls is a completely different colour from the metal sliding doors.

Furthermore, DMUA already called bogus on the calc, so yeah.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Psychomaster35/Madness_Combat:_Madness_Calculations

The first calc and fourth are fine enough (though tbh I've not played the games), but the second and third are nonsense.

The second calc assumes pulverisation, which is a quite big assumption considering the low details style of the serie and the fact we don't get a look inside of the hole, or the fact that no dust is visible which would be created en masse by pulverising that much material.

OH but forget that, the calc uses speed for calculate volume! SPEED TO CALCULATE VOLUME.

The third calc is EVEN WORSE somehow, since it ignores basic physics. Force is applied through a surface, so if a very big thing hit you only a fraction of the force is actually applied to you.

Nowhere nea the total KE of the building would be applied to the two, so the calc is nonsense.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Thelastmlg/Tricky_drops_building

Okay, so this is unrelated from the others but i wanted to give it my 2 cents. The lifting calc itself is fine, but this is not telekinesis. This is the Improbability Drive spawning a building mid-air, this is just Reality Warping.

So, yeah, all these mentioned calcs are bad for one or multiple reasons, so the characters should be downgraded back to 9-A.

Last edited:
The calc does big mind gymnastics to assume the existence of several rooms, which are not seen in the video AT ALL. There's no solid evidence that they are there, so they shouldn't be assumed they are there.
Funny thing is that this one was already debunked in the thread it was applied, I believe. The reverting process was just forgotten about.

As the one who has calculated these, I may as well have my defense. I've got no objection to the first calc knowing it was rejected. However, do note that the old version of that calc was assuming Hank to be 6' when he is supposed to be 6'2", plus I was accounting for more volume in the room affected for accuracy. As for the other 2:
OH but forget that, the calc uses speed for calculate volume! SPEED TO CALCULATE VOLUME.
I was measuring that distance he traveled in one second based on the shown speed. It's pretty much done with every digging feat where the depth is calculated by how fast they are digging underground every second assuming it is a constant rate.
The second calc assumes pulverisation, which is a quite big assumption considering the low details style of the serie and the fact we don't get a look inside of the hole, or the fact that no dust is visible which would be created en masse by pulverising that much material.
If you want fragmentation/violent fragmentation ends, I can do that. However, if Tricky was burrowing underground especially with his sign sticking out, we should've seen rocks flying out of the hole which we don't, hence why I took it as pulverization.
The third calc is EVEN WORSE somehow, since it ignores basic physics. Force is applied through a surface, so if a very big thing hit you only a fraction of the force is actually applied to you.

Nowhere nea the total KE of the building would be applied to the two, so the calc is nonsense.
I suppose I should add a surface area formula to that if that is the case.

I was measuring that distance he traveled in one second based on the shown speed. It's pretty much done with every digging feat where the depth is calculated by how fast they are digging underground every second assuming it is a constant rate.
It still seems a bit large considering how the shot is framed (as if Tricky just goes across the length of a beat-em-up screen instead of running up the equivalent of a high rise building) and it's probably more that he's cutting the ground apart than just utterly obliterating everything he contacts, would make more sense with the lack of any visible debris

I suppose I should add a surface area formula to that if that is the case.
It just wouldn't work at all, people IRL can survive buildings collapsing onto them like this due to just how spread out the energy ultimately is

Don't think that really works here since Tricky's moves via short bursts, not continuous movement like digging

If you want fragmentation/violent fragmentation ends, I can do that. However, if Tricky was burrowing underground especially with his sign sticking out, we should've seen rocks flying out of the hole which we don't, hence why I took it as pulverization.
Again, that's not really a point when you factor in the low detail, we've seen explosions with no debris. Also again, the sheer amount of fust created would have been easily seeable if you still want to stick to that.

In fact, lie DMUA pointed out, it's more reasonable to say he just split the ground.

Don't think that really works here since Tricky's moves via short bursts, not continuous movement like digging
How can you tell that he wasn’t digging continuously when he clearly goes offscreen for around a second before reappearing?
Again, that's not really a point when you factor in the low detail, we've seen explosions with no debris. Also again, the sheer amount of fust created would have been easily seeable if you still want to stick to that.
Given this is a Flash animation from the mid-2000’s, it was most likely either typical animator laziness or lack of good art softwares that they couldn’t add rocks or dust during this scene. We don’t hear any cracking sounds from Tricky moving underground, either.
In fact, lie DMUA pointed out, it's more reasonable to say he just split the ground.
I guess I can do that if you want.

I fully agree. The profiles should be reverted to their previous forms for the time being.

I feel this got enough support, so unless Psychomaster has anything else to say i think we can go on and apply the changes

What calc are they scaling to now?
Back to the original Jesus calc by Bambu. However, I still pointed out the original is wrong due to accounting for less of the (one) room's volume and using the wrong height of Hank. The best you can do is just use my calculated volume for a single room and not account for the rest of the "rooms".

wait right.

There's just no calculation for one room, like at all. But regardless, its better if you post a different blog calculation and see if that gets approved

Back