• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
It was inevitable, but I still don't like it.

Ok first of all, the Rejuvenator isn't AP, it's hax. It dura negs.

Why is there a key with the Rejuvenator with higher AP?

OP vs SU is good, but I fear the day it becomes cursed.

I suppose Spinel shares of that always changing scaling chain, but Luffy's still above it with his feat and his Durability is outright High 7-A+ so either Spinel tries to hax him or he will do nothing for a long time.

And Future Sight is activated here. So Luffy wins via superior AP, Durability, Precognition, Range, Skill, blablabla.

Ok but like, Spinel's scythe is useless on anyone but Gems. It didn't even hurt Steven when she cut him.

That shouldn't be counted as a resistance but a weakness of the weaponry, but I digress.

I believed he was resistant for some trait of his powers, but if it's just because he's human, then something's wrong right there.

The Calaca said:
That shouldn't be counted as a resistance but a weakness of the weaponry, but I digress.

I believed he was resistant for some trait of his powers, but if it's just because he's human, then something's wrong right there.
Yes, its just because he's half human that it doesnt work on him

New reason to watch the show. The scaling isn't only confusing as hell but some abilities are wrongly applied.

Steven's resistance is a non-sense. Him being unaffected by anti-Gem weaponry because he's human isn't a resistance but the power's weakness.

@Cinnabar I could, but it's a musical

Steven doesnt have a resistance to anti-gem weaponry tho? His gem half was flat out nullified by the scythe

I've seen few enough songs to stop me from watching it, including one that happened during a fight.

Still better than FT's nakama power speeches

@Weekly He does have the resistance on his profile. It has been there for like ever since I got in the wiki.

He shouldnt, he doesnt have a resistance its just a weakness of anti-gem tech that it doesnt work on him due to him being half human

It was talked a bit on the discussion thread for the movie, what the Gem Rejuvenator does is that is sets Gems it cuts to "factory settings" (For example, Pearl had to be introduced to an owner, in order to present herself), technically speaking its an Age regression hax that only works on Gems, but as it works similarly to the Gem Destabilizer, it's unclear if it actually can derive AP from it.

I also want to point out that the Gem Injector needs more information on Spinel's profile. its main use, as shown in the movie is to inject the ground (potentially the whole planet) with a Biotoxin, and as shown on the movie, it seems to cause paralisis on contact, and supposedly it would kill all life on earth (apparently the only cure is stevens healing powers).

I kinda point it out because having similar AP and Durability, Spinel has a chance in an atrition battle as the enviroment gets progressively more toxic, as she has infinite stamina

EDIT: And yes, I know Luffy has Resistance to poison manipulation, but not inmunity like Spinel does

Luffy does stomp btw, High 7-A dura and blunt force resistance is something Spinel cant deal with

I'd normally always want Luffy to win but after watching Spinel in the movie I just went them to be friends.

@the calaca When the injector is used, it starts pumping poison into the planet, the planet surface immediately cracks, imagine rivers of lava start, sporting all around, but instead of lava its poison

Luffy's a monster when it comes to Poison Resistance tho. He can just ignore the poison from the blue-ringed octopus, which is a RL octopus with a deadly toxin.

Plus he can take hours with enough poison to kill a giant in minutes. Spinel's poison doesn't seem to be really impressive compared to that.

Spinel's poison is potent enough to kill all biological life on a planet on contact

Its not just poison, its anti-biological life hax

We treat poison based on effectiveness, not by quantity of people affected.

It's as potent as enough blue-ringed octopus' poison, and way lower than armored fish's poison (which is the one that could kill Luffy).

Yeahh I'm siding with Luffy for this as well, but may as well mention all what spinnels got that's nor in her profile yet

Also, the Poison seems to also be Acid as it was shown meling a car

I mean...completely scientifically, poison dilutes if you thin it enough. It's one of the few times where quantity is undeniably linked to potency.

If it works as poison, it's poison. No need to invent terms to get it accepted as an argument to win the debate.

@Cal yes, but not to the point where range comes to play a decisive factor. Covering the planet is range, killing life forms on contact is potency. Spinel has to demonstrate that she can concentrate all that poison in a single point.

The Calaca said:
We treat poison based on effectiveness, not by quantity of people affected.

It's as potent as enough blue-ringed octopus' poison, and way lower than armored fish's poison (which is the one that could kill Luffy).
A splash of the poison immediately turned Greg's arm into a dead limb

Back