• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Menma gets my vote if he can use his jutsus but Kamui gives him a huge advantage also he has precog just like Luffy but this Luffy can't see the future yet

I'm not sure if Controlled Menma can use the beast actually.

And I don't get your reasoning behind your comment.

Well yeah. Strongest Menma stomps. Luffy is almost above baseline 6-C at most.

Ok then.

5 for Menma.

1 for Luffy.

I don't really know about this battle. It all depends on whether or not Luffy can get pass Menma's Kamui. I see Base Luffy struggling against Menma in a straight battle but Gear 2nd and 3rd would turn the odds in Luffy's favor greatly but that means nothing if Luffy can't hit him in the first place.

Would Observation Haki help in this situation with Luffy being able to predict Menma's timing of Kamui and sense his presence and catch him off guard? Also, this Menma have flight and can avoid Luffy's attack by taking to the air, away from Luffy's range easily and fires off those Spiriling Rings to bombard Luffy and weaken him and probably catch him off guard with Kamui during the exposions.

I vote Inconclusive for now

This Luffy can't see the future yet. It's Punk Hazard Luffy. He has precog tho but not at that level.

Let me explain it because I think you're mixing things.

Kenbunshoku Haki is the ability to perceive, locate and sense the surroundings. It gives precog to the proficient users but it's just as the Sharingan's precog.

But users who have mastered the ability can see several seconds into the future. Actual future.

Post Timeskip Luffy until Whole Cake Arc (specifically post-Katakuri fight) can react and avoid incoming attacks with more or less efectiveness. Now that Luffy has evolved his ability he can see several seconds in the future but that's an ability exclusive to post-Katakuri. Fishman Island to pre-Katakuri only have little precog instead.

The difference between a regular Observation Haki and Future Sight is that the regular version can sense the intentions and actions of others only if it was performed in a state of mental awareness. Any action that is not done voluntary or consciously can't be sense through Haki.

Future Sight, on the other hand, is not limited to reading physical actions performed consciously. It just perceives the future visually even allowing the users to perceive sound.

Iirc all Kenbunshoku Haki has future sight if they're trained enough. It's just that masterful users like Katakuri can see several seconds into the future and can spam it unlike let's say Luffy or Doffy's which only sees a few seconds.

"All forms of Observation Haki users know the future - fundamentally, if an individual knows what someone will do before they do it, that's being privy to the future. The nature as to how one is being privy is what differs between the 2 types of Observation Haki.

The Regular Observation Haki perceives the future through consciously performed actions while Cinematic Observation visually perceived the future within a space."

Check this guy's explaination on how Observation Haki works. It's a good read. Most of my opinions on CoO come from this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/OnePiece/comments/87n0l1/observation_haki_fully_explained_wci_arc/

Back