• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Luffy Vs Genos (7-C Bracket round 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Genos has an AP advantage (35.411 Kiltons vs above 52 kilotons) but thats not unsurmountable, espeically since Luffy is resistant to blunt force, heat, and Electricity, so Luffy resists most of Genos attack options. and Luffy accelerated development may allow him to close this gap mid-battle.

Luffy actually has a ranged advantage as well, though I dont think either of them abuse range in character.

im voting luffy

Luffy's considerably skilled, and he takes advantage of his physiology to dominate in physical combat against people much more experienced than him.

Both would engage in CQC early in the fight, and Luffy would end up pressuring Genos hard enough until he tries to stay away and attack with energy blasts. But since speed is equalized, he's not doing that very well, and he'd run out of energy very quick while Luffy's stamina is already considerably High at this point.

His battle experience is also way better. He has managed himself after the First Deep Sea King (?) and ended up dominating in the fight.

The stats difference is almost meaningless. Luffy grew from 7-C to High 7-C in a few hours, so he might be able to become strong enough during the fight to equal Genos' AP. Not to mention that by the difference in Lifting Strength, Luffy could ragdoll him around and break his body by slamming Genos to the ground.

Genos in the early stages of the series was the brute force type of guy, relying on nothing but his explosive powers and raw strength while blasting the area with as much explosion as he can.

Luffy is a guy who rely on instinct to get him through, has shown to demonstrate creative maneuvers in every fight to overcome a foe he encounters like with Enel, he quickly devise plan after plan to overcome Enel's Precognition by shutting off his brain before immediately thinking of a next idea of bouncing his attacks off the walls so Enel can't predict them.

Anyway, I place my vote for Luffy

We're on grace now.

The man with the Mida touch, me, Blank, Kobster, Zack, Elizhaa and Stalker voted for Luffy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back