• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Lucy(Elfen Lied) vs Saitama(One-Punch Man)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where does it say they're passive? Also the speed gap should be enough for him to just rapidly punch it until it breaks since the AP gap isn't that bad
Bro, her Forcefield literally No Sold her own Vectors slamming into it, which are 5× Saitama's AP. He ain't breaking shit.

Ngl, I think this is a stomp in eitherway. If speed is equal, then Lucy just outmuscles, rangestomps and haxstomps. If it's unequal, Saitama just blitzes and one-shots. Remember that by SBA, he'll try to win the match so it's not like he'll just let himself get hit.
Saitama usually doesn't go for insta kills even when trying to kill someone, and he can't see vectors as is so he could likely get hit without knowing while doing his usual stuff

Ngl, I think this is a stomp in eitherway. If speed is equal, then Lucy just outmuscles, rangestomps and haxstomps. If it's unequal, Saitama just blitzes and one-shots. Remember that by SBA, he'll try to win the match so it's not like he'll just let himself get hit.
He will literally let his opponent attack him first most of the time. Remember Beefcake? Carnage Kabuto? Beast King? Deep Sea King? I can keep going.

but there are also times when he doesn't let the enemy hit first (garou)
Garou literally chopped him in the shoulder, Saitama said who the hell are you and then knocked him out. The second time they met, Garou was going to attack King, then Saitama knocked him out again because he didn't want his friend to get hurt.

Garou literally chopped him in the shoulder, Saitama said who the hell are you and then knocked him out. The second time they met, Garou was going to attack King, then Saitama knocked him out again because he didn't want his friend to get hurt.
the other two times in the manga, he hits garou again because saitama hadn't paid and neither had garou, and as garou approached saitama tried to push him away to make him understand that he had nothing to do with him (and hit him sending him flying ) and again in the current chapter when saitama after saying what i feel like i could obliterate the planet.
garou tries to attack saitama when he is off guard but saitama hits him again sending him flying and garou remembers that saitama is the one who hit him (and he hit him like 3 times and none of them remembered that it was saitama or had an idea what was he)

It doesn't matter what Saitama does, he literally can't hurt Lucy through her Forcefield that can No Sell her own AP. It's not that ******* complicated.

It doesn't matter what Saitama does, he literally can't hurt Lucy through her Forcefield that can No Sell her own AP. It's not that ******* complicated.
so how the hell is that strength thing, is it equal to his ap or durability, and saitama is not allowed to increase his power, what is that

so how the hell is that strength thing, is it equal to his ap or durability, and saitama is not allowed to increase his power, what is that
What are you even trying to say? Are you claiming that Saitama has Amps? Saitama doesn't have any power ups, that's kind of his whole point. He's really strong and fast, but he doesn't have any actual powers.

I don't see where Lucy gets passive forcefields from, also being hit by FTL rapid attacks that while weaker than you should still be able to break her forcefields eventually even with the less than 5x gap

I don't see where Lucy gets passive forcefields from, also being hit by FTL rapid attacks that while weaker than you should still be able to break her forcefields eventually even with the less than 5x gap
You're not getting it. Her Shield literally No Sold an attack that's 5× Stronger than Saitama. You do know what No Selling is, right? It's the Durability Equivalent to a One-Shot, but since it's Durability it means you are completely unfazed by whatever hit you. Also, Speed is still Equalized.

You're not getting it. Her Shield literally No Sold an attack that's 5× Stronger than Saitama. You do know what No Selling is, right? It's the Durability Equivalent to a One-Shot, but since it's Durability it means you are completely unfazed by whatever hit you. Also, Speed is still Equalized.
Well the OP needs to update it so speeds unequal since I'm pretty sure we can all agree its a stomp without it, that's also not how in verse scaling works we don't use the 7.5x to one shot rule for power scaling it would just upscale from her current ap/dura. It's also not a 5x gap because of how massively Saitama upscales from the calc he scales to, he casually oneshot the guy who did it so the AP is still in favor of Lucy but to an unknown degree

Well the OP needs to update it so speeds unequal since I'm pretty sure we can all agree its a stomp without it, that's also not how in verse scaling works we don't use the 7.5x to one shot rule for power scaling it would just upscale from her current ap/dura. It's also not a 5x gap because of how massively Saitama upscales from the calc he scales to, he casually oneshot the guy who did it
Jesus ******* Christ, I'm not saying it's actually 7.5× her AP, I'm saying her Shield is ridiculously more durable than her AP can damage which means it No Sold her attack. So if she can't break it then Saitama can't either since he's noticeably much weaker than her. Even if you unequalize Speed, he would still stand there and let her attack first to see what he's dealing with just like he does against literally every human opponent he's ever fought sans Garou, and even with Garou he let him attack first on their original encounter with each other.

me: murata i have a question, how powerful saitama becomes every day. murata: every second gets stronger, so every day will become as strong as every second in a day (86400x)

Since people have agreed speed equal is a stomp in Lucy's favor I replaced it with not equal. Doubt much changes due to Saitamas personality.

Since people have agreed speed equal is a stomp in Lucy's favor I replaced it with not equal. Doubt much changes due to Saitamas personality.
Alright so what's Lucy's starting move? If its not something thats lethal Saitama probably just goes straight for the kill since its someone that can actually hurt him

Alright so what's Lucy's starting move? If its not something thats lethal Saitama probably just goes straight for the kill since its someone that can actually hurt him
How can he tell she can actually hurt him? Does he have some Ki Sensing-esque ability like Goku? Also, she immediately goes for Instant Kill Moves, like Decapitation or cutting people in half.

How can he tell she can actually hurt him? Does he have some Ki Sensing-esque ability like Goku? Also, she immediately goes for Instant Kill Moves, like Decapitation or cutting people in half.
If something hurts it hurts lol he won't just stand still if he's in immense pain either since he has supernatural will power, not sure if those will be able to hurt him unless they count as piercing damage

That might be enough to outright kill him with the AP gap, not too sure though since the upscaling is weird here
Bladed Weapons are treated as being far more effective than blunt force strikes due to their much smaller surface area being able to deal most the same damage but in a much smaller space meaning Durability gets slightly ignored due to physics.

Instant kill moves are her forte.
Invisible_hand_removes_heart_and_crushes_it.png

head_exploded.png

Okay so how will Lucy's seemingly passive fear manip and Saitama's passive overwhelming aura that scares people shitless effect both characters mindsets here? Saitama should resist the fear manip via supernatural will power

Okay so how will Lucy's seemingly passive fear manip and Saitama's passive overwhelming aura that scares people shitless effect both characters mindsets here? Saitama should resist the fear manip via supernatural will power
That shit literally only happened to Carnage Kabuto as far as I can tell who's animal instincts are the only thing that even let him tell it happened and even then he got so pissed that he ignored it. Also, how is Saitama gonna fearhax someone from 25 meters away?
Actually if Lucy leads with heart phasing in the small amount of time Saitama is still alive he might just blitz her making it an incon, if Lucy goes nuclear Saitama's cooked (literally) because he doesn't have the heat resistance for it
By the time Saitama even finds his opponent to then test what she's gonna throw at him, Lucy will already have her Shield up and will have her Vectors going for kill shots.

Actually if Lucy leads with heart phasing in the small amount of time Saitama is still alive he might just blitz her making it an incon, if Lucy goes nuclear Saitama's cooked (literally) because he doesn't have the heat resistance for it
Actually she leads off with the 2nd type of killing more often than not. It's just an example that most of the times it's 1 shot either way.

This fight will be long, and I bet the hand character won unfairly, hell simon unfairly lost two duels because those who dueled didn't know about something called reactive evolution and accelerated development,the same goes here

That shit literally only happened to Carnage Kabuto as far as I can tell who's animal instincts are the only thing that even let him tell it happened and even then he got so pissed that he ignored it. Also, how is Saitama gonna fearhax someone from 25 meters away?

By the time Saitama even finds his opponent to then test what she's gonna throw at him, Lucy will already have her Shield up and will have her Vectors going for kill shots.
Fair on the first part, was just curious about it

Also 25 meters apart isn't that crazy and they start in line of sight so they're not gonna really spend time looking for each other, does Lucy always have her shields up even when looking at seemingly unarmed fodder?

Fair on the first part, was just curious about it

Also 25 meters apart isn't that crazy and they start in line of sight so they're not gonna really spend time looking for each other, does Lucy always have her shields up even when looking at seemingly unarmed fodder?
I see.

She has like two fights in her EoS Key, the first one she absolutely blitzed her opponent and tore her to shreds and the second one was against an entire military force while she was protecting her love interest using her Forcefield while simultaneously destroying shit with her Vectors. She probably wouldn't pop the forcefield out first but it wouldn't matter much since Saitama's gonna let her attack him first resulting in him getting decapitated by an attack he can't avoid or even detect.

Alright so I finished reading Elfen Lied like 2 days ago but forgot about this thread. My own opinion doesn't change. I think Lucy still wins but Saitama does have a wincon if she "hesitates" or messes up(which is unlikely).

I added up the people who voted for Lucy in the OP which makes for 5 votes(I included myself, hopefully that's allowed) If I messed up on the count please tell me.

Alright so I finished reading Elfen Lied like 2 days ago but forgot about this thread. My own opinion doesn't change. I think Lucy still wins but Saitama does have a wincon if she "hesitates" or messes up(which is unlikely).

I added up the people who voted for Lucy in the OP which makes for 5 votes(I included myself, hopefully that's allowed) If I messed up on the count please tell me.
Yeah, I did hear somewhere that even if the odds of a character winning are as low as 1/10 it is still considered a valid match-up, and you are allowed to vote on your own threads as long as it's not out of spite or bias.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back