• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Luck of the Soul: Nagito Komaeda VS Sans

Both at 9-B

Battle takes place on Jabberwock Island

Both start 5 meters apart

Speed is equalized

Nagito has a day of prep-time

The Ultimate Lucky Student: Nagito Komaeda:0

The Professional Prankster of The Underground: Sans:7 (Oleggator, Naitodesu, MarvelFanatic119, XSOULOFCINDERX, Sonicflare9, Bernkastelll, Secretly_domain)

Inconclusive:0

2392482.png
e975e0d896eea2ef6c36329cd95f71bf.jpg

Last edited:
I guess sans because Nagito don't resist soul hax and telekinesis.
He have luck but naturally it's environment goes against Sans but can still avoid and use still use telekinesis.
Prep gives a explosions to Nagito's side but teleport should also counter this I believe.

He have luck but naturally it's environment goes against Sans but can still avoid and use still use telekinesis.

Er, no, its doesn't only effect the environment. It can stop a loaded gun with a high probability of killing him (5 bullets, 1 blank) and he purposely used his luck to make the unknown imposter become his killer, without knowing who that person was when he died.

Oof. Not sure Sans could really win here? People's actions (who throws a bottle first, a gun becoming stuck until he uses it, etc.) are very much things his luck affects. There is a good enough chance that Sans talks when the fight starts, Nagito attacks, Sans trips and then dies to killing intent.

Er, no, its doesn't only effect the environment. It can stop a loaded gun with a high probability of killing him (5 bullets, 1 blank) and he purposely used his luck to make the unknown imposter become his killer, without knowing who that person was when he died.
Both which technically environment.
Revolver is thing which couldn't be changed by someone and that imposter is had to take an "grenade" with gas. Basically impostor got exactly "deadly grenade" not it affected the choice of death grenade.

That's just a baseless claim. Nothing in the story ever claims luck doesn't affect what others do. Makoto's outright made Alter Ego hack the system to save his life.

That's just a baseless claim. Nothing in the story ever claims luck doesn't affect what others do. Makoto's outright made Alter Ego hack the system to save his life.
Technically alter ego could and likely would actually save Kirigiri if you referring to bad ending which is something Makoto only assumed of happening if he would betray Kirigiri(Aoi is at least a eviedence to that).

It's also a future fortold. Regardless, nothing proves lucck is limited to objects, and that's not just an assumption you can fairly make.

It's also a future fortold. Regardless, nothing proves lucck is limited to objects, and that's not just an assumption you can fairly make.
Don't really. First of all there's nothing really tells it's actually was precognition, even in anime when he and Kirigiri was assuming this was trap for Kirigiri, the bad ending was basically mentioned. I guess the only eviedence for it is that execution is same and I guess that's it.
Let alone the vision of Makoto of it at least very weird, as Aoi having kids from both Makoto and Yasuhiro, which is a bit possible I guess, but what? I wouldn't even saying how it kinda looks ooc, just what?

Although it's never was assumed that luck as ability affects emotions/minds. I understand when it's Hajime who have some kind of that feats...
But not in this case really.

Russian roulette is basically a luck game which choice dependant only if you seriously playing and grenade stuff is like you actually could choose the right grenade. It's like if you got a 5 water bottles and one of them is poisoned but you don't know that the one of bottles is actually poisoned. So you can choose any, it's not an actually choice, and if it is, not an deliberate one. Equalizing those kinds of choices to deliberate choices would be like equalizing water to fire.

No, that doesn't follow. Who arrives first, who chooses what, is up to the person. Which bottle you grab and how you react to something are both decided by someone's thoughts.

That doesn't matter. It can affect a person's actions. You need prove it suddenly has a limitation not set in canon.

I agree with Oleggator's reasoning, if what he said about Syo immobilizing Nagito is true, then nothing really stops Sans opening with his best attack

So I'll vote Sans too for now

Here's Syo easily cutting Nagito's legs.

Also Sans is basically begins with spamming attacks, like he's talking but not much in battle.

Right, so his luck doesn't really stop him from getting caught. Sans also has warp which can help him quickly get away from the explosions and worse, put Nagito in the path of the explosion. Sans can get caught in an explosion with Nagito's luck, but I see Nagito dying first most of the time before he kills Sans with a well-placed explosive.

Unless prepping gives Komaeda a way to counter Sans' magic I don't see him winning this. Sans could easily teleport to safety while simultaneously bringing the student to a Gasterblaster to the face or just hold him down to keep him from getting away. I don't think Luck can save him from something he can't directly interact or counter. The best he can get is double KO via blowing each other up with bombs but teleportation and telekinesis stop that. Giving my vote to the punny skeleton.

Here's Syo easily cutting Nagito's legs.

Also Sans is basically begins with spamming attacks, like he's talking but not much in battle.
Not gonna argue with who wins, but the only reason why Syo immobilized Komaeda is because he was under the influence of despair at that time (IIRC, Komaeda didn't display any luck feat (If not zero, close to zero) in Ultra Despair Girls, the game where Syo immobilizes Komaeda), and his motive was to question the girls and the reasonings behind their actions which didn't follow the initial plan, he also explains his motivations for this, stating that he is interested in Komaru because of her brother, and missed out on Junko's defeat, so he states that he planned for Komaru to be Towa City's hope so that he can see a similar situation to the events of Killing School Life where the Ultimate Hope is born, and he wouldn't mind submitting himself to despair because he believes that hope will always win in the end.

Because of these reasons, I don't think he didn't mind getting wounded at all, and I think luck didn't play as a factor in here because he didn't want it to interrupt the important moment that he was having with Komaru and Syo, and as well as not caring about dying due to his twisted beliefs and being inflicted with despair.

I don't doubt the other reasons for Sans though.

Last edited:
Not gonna argue with who wins, but the only reason why Syo immobilized Komaeda is because he was under the influence of despair at that time (IIRC, Komaeda didn't display any luck feat (If not zero, close to zero) in Ultra Despair Girls, the game where Syo immobilizes Komaeda), and his motive was to question the girls and the reasonings behind their actions which didn't follow the initial plan, he also explains his motivations for this, stating that he is interested in Komaru because of her brother, and missed out on Junko's defeat, so he states that he planned for Komaru to be Towa City's hope so that he can see a similar situation to the events of Killing School Life where the Ultimate Hope is born, and he wouldn't mind submitting himself to despair because he believes that hope will always win in the end.

Because of these reasons, I don't think he didn't mind getting wounded at all, and I think luck didn't play as a factor in here because he didn't want it to interrupt the important moment that he was having with Komaru and Syo, and as well as not caring about dying due to his twisted beliefs and being inflicted with despair.

I don't doubt the other reasons for Sans though.
Still the fact remains he's not basically untouchable. Sans's telekinesis which he do by his own had movement and fast coming projectiles, Nagito can't really dodge it, and if there anything from outside which would try to affect battle Sans would simply teleport and continue stuff. Danganronpa verse didn't experienced telekinesis or teleport to counter it.

Never argued that he's untouchable, because that sounds like a weird argument, I also never said I doubted the argument favoring Sans. I was just saying that your example above didn't have luck as a factor in it, because his beliefs and plans didn't really clash with him getting hurt, but in fact, complemented each other at the time.

Never argued that he's untouchable, because that sounds like a weird argument, I also never said I doubted the argument favoring Sans. I was just saying that your example above didn't have luck as a factor in it, because his beliefs and plans didn't really clash with him getting hurt, but in fact, complemented each other at the time.
tbh it's just a bit tired me from Luck in debates. Although I see your point and agree here.

Back