• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Low 6-B Bone Crusher Tournament 2022: August vs Dry Leonhard (Semi-Final 2)

Semi-Final 2:
Round 17:
Same Rules as stated in the Tournament.

Introduction:
This is it ! The second semi-final the ultimate highway to finale !
Entering first in the blue corner the Monster of Group B ! The greatest knight in the world Dry Leonhard !
5 matches and 5 words to describe Dry Leonhard, "Annihilation, Stalemate, Destruction, Obliteration and Decimation !" These are 5 words Dry Leonhard has lived by and has absolutely wrecked everyone in group B and has reached into the Semi-final tonight ! Will he punch his ticket into the finale ?
Entering second in the purple corner he is the Magic King !! The King of Group A it's August the Mage !
5 matches and 4 wins, A near perfect Journey if you ask me. August is still mad about that one loss but he needs to brush it off his mind tonight cause he goes one on one with the monster of Group B himself, Can the magic king use his experience and make his way into the final where "possibly" .....an old rival could be waiting ? Or will the magic King be dethroned tonight ?
Two of the very best of their groups goes toe to toe & the winner goes to the Final !

Results:
Dry Leonhard (Knight Run): 7 (Finepoint, First witch, DD, Sonicflare9, Popted2, Ollegator, OneBleach)
August (Fairy Tail):
Inconclusive:
CU6LKrZ.png

Last edited:
Everything that isn’t straight hands misses because of Reflector, mind reading and time slow to deal with the skill, the rest of his kit to keep hitting Dry until he goes down. Is Dry’s stuff considered Magic?

I want to wait for input from the other side.
Reflector can distort and reflect anything which isn't organic, even intangible attacks.
Crush can bypass durability and deconstruct. Or he could use any durability-ignoring hax.
Time Slow is a huge burden to get around.

Dry has europe sized powernull and precognition, this is pretty much the Asta vs Augustus fight in a different paint of color

Also, August has moves with thousands of kilometers range as well.
So the "Europe-sized" thing might be less relevant than other matches.

Edit: I think it's just with Ars Magia, which is too powerful for this tourney. So nevermind, sorry.

Dry's flames are imbued with Waves, that on contact destroy and prevent paranormal powers, both biological and supernatural.

Dry's flames are imbued with Waves, that on contact destroy and prevent paranormal powers, both biological and supernatural.
So he needs to hit August with the flames?
Can they go through reflector?
Could August act first with Time-Slow or Sleep Hax?
Are they at all magical?

So he needs to hit August with the flames?
Can they go through reflector?
Could August act first with Time-Slow or Sleep Hax?
Are they at all magical?
Reflector abilities are within the paygrade of Waves. Depends on how they work and how fast he would whipp them out. Dry opens with nuking if he wants something dead. And he always wants something dead.

Reflector abilities are within the paygrade of Waves. Depends on how they work and how fast he would whipp them out. Dry opens with nuking if he wants something dead. And he always wants something dead.
If they both start in range, then can the waves nullify an attack already coming at him?
An attack which has no travel time?

I'm wondering if they would both kill each other. When there's not emotional/diplomatic factors August doesn't really mess around either.

Depends on how they work and how fast he would whipp them out.
Reflector works by "reflecting, twisting, and distorting anything".
It's listed as Spatial Manipulation on the wiki.
It happens pretty much instantly.

instantenous abilities with no travel/projectile are not within Waves paygrade, but how likely is it for him to put Dry to sleep rather than hitting him with anything else?

Reflector works by "reflecting, twisting, and distorting anything".
It's listed as Spatial Manipulation on the wiki.
It happens pretty much instantly.
Like i said, reflector abilities are within Waves paygrade, Space manipulation is too. I asked how sleep and crush works.

Like i said, reflector abilities are within Waves paygrade, Space manipulation is too. I asked how sleep and crush works.
Crush: It deconstructs them. I remember it sometimes as a beam, in this clip it seems to happen instantly.
All_Crush.gif

Sleep: He just has to wave his hand, and the target falls asleep. There's no beam or anything. He used it as his first move when he was betrayed.

I don't remember him doing anything for the time-slow. Here's it in action.
August_Slowing_Magic.gif

Both are wincons then, but does he open with both of them against a enemy he dosn't know?
It's hard to tell. The cool thing about August is how varied he is. I'm pretty sure uses something new on every opponent.
When he's being casual, he likes to copy his opponent since he knows every spell.

Though, it's worth noting that Sleep was his first move in a serious situation where he had just been stabbed.
The rest of his encounters have been very casual for him.

Of course, his real serious move is banned by the tourney, so...

But he used sleep specificly not kill his opponent right? Trying to piece what little i remember from that arc. I doubt he would use it against someone he wants to kill. Augusts variety will be an issue for him then, Dry is a onetrick pony with a strong range game. If August dosnt whip out both crush or sleep specifcly fast enough, hes going to get outgunnend pretty fast. Assuming that August stays the heck away from Dry

But he used sleep specificly not kill his opponent right? Trying to piece what little i remember from that arc. I doubt he would use it against someone he wants to kill. Augusts variety will be an issue for him then, Dry is a onetrick pony with a strong range game. If August dosnt whip out both crush or sleep specifcly fast enough, hes going to get outgunnend pretty fast. Assuming that August stays the heck away from Dry
Yeah, I don't know. It's sort of impossible to tell what his lead will be. I don't remember him repeating anything.
That also means he could pull out any caster type magic, which opens up the entire verse.

Though, he does have mind-reading and genius intelligence, so with those two things he'll probably piece together that Dry's about to nuke the continent and use his best move right away, no?
At the very least, it might inspire him to use time-slow for a moment longer to think about it, and use something effective.

Any reasons he woudnt just try to reflect it, getting hit in the process? Mind reading will him that Dry is using a big attack, not that his attack is roughly the size of europe and can powernull on contact.

Mind reading and Precognition should cancel eachother out in general. Setting that aside, going by what i remember, August wasnt a pure range fighter right? Any arguments against him stepping too close to Dry and getting his ass handed via ap and skill?

I Ehhh......yeah I wanted to talk about this so my first thought was Natsu vs Dry if happens again in the form of finale well...
1- Coin toss (Not gonna do this at all especially for the winner that's just lame way to end the tournament unless people thinks other wise)
2- If they both have different keys/forms with other abilities that could be a unique way to settle this using their different forms.
3- Or..... People you gave your opinion on what should happen, come up with something new.

I would like to hear Popted2, Finepoint, Nierre, Fluffy Z's opinion if it comes down to the finale being Leonhard vs Natsu again, There is going to be one winner but we'll see if enough people agrees on Co-winners idea (cause I'm opposed to it) or maybe finds a different way to settle the winner.
But for now these two matches Semi finals are underway.

How will dry man beat august in cqc if august just blitzes him with time slow? And if august gets nulled then he'll just use one of his insta win moves right?

How will dry man beat august in cqc if august just blitzes him with time slow? And if august gets nulled then he'll just use one of his insta win moves right?
By the virtue of Dry being able to contend with characters that blitz him thanks to analytical prediction. Dry opens up with nuking, hits Augustus with a massive AP advantage and powernull and kills him in a hit or 2 afterwards.

By the virtue of Dry being able to contend with characters that blitz him thanks to analytical prediction. Dry opens up with nuking, hits Augustus with a massive AP advantage and powernull and kills him in a hit or 2 afterwards.
what stops August from using Crush to powernull Dry's Nuke before it hits him?

what stops August from using Crush to powernull Dry's Nuke before it hits him?
Also, if he uses Crush he can just use it directly on Dry, but we've established that it's unlikely he will lead with it.

How will he do anything if he's nulled?
One move may be nulled but he can start using magic again.
August counters with his own precognition + the advantage of blitzing then uses an insta win.

One move may be nulled but he can start using magic again.

August counters with his own precognition + the advantage of blitzing then uses an insta win.
Dry can spam his powernull though?

And what precognition? There is nothing on Augustus profile. Dry has analytical prediction AND precog

Dry can spam his powernull though?

And what precognition? There is nothing on Augustus profile. Dry has analytical prediction AND precog
August gets nulled once, realizes the danger, time slow blitzes then uses an insta win move before dry has a chance to power null anymore.
For some reason it's not in his p/a, but here.
Sound Magic: August can hear a person's very soul, allowing him to tell what they are going to do next, and allows him to hear their thoughts. With it, August can foresee all of the attacks performed against him and react accordingly, countering them without effort

August gets nulled once, realizes the danger, time slow blitzes then uses an insta win move before dry has a chance to power null anymore.
For some reason it's not in his p/a, but here.
Sound Magic: August can hear a person's very soul, allowing him to tell what they are going to do next, and allows him to hear their thoughts. With it, August can foresee all of the attacks performed against him and react accordingly, countering them without effort
So mindreading, which i already adressed. Both, Augustsus Mind reading and Drys actual precog will cancel each other out. Again, Dry has fought and won against people who blitzed him with analytical prediction.

Match starts, Dry nukes. Augustus will reflect it, gets powernulled and chuncked by Drys massive AP advantage. Waves can cancel out the physics breaking properties of Phenomenon weapons, which are passive attributes for a prolonged time, turning them into ordinary weapons. August isnt using hax for a while.

Back