• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Low 6-B Bone Crusher Tournament: Group B - Natsu Dragneel vs Dry Leonhard

Group B:
Round 4:
Same Rules as stated in the Tournament.
After burning his way to 2 points Natsu looks to get 2 more and sit on top of the points table but can he ? Dry Leonhard showcased pure ANNIHILATION in his first round and is hoping for the same here, This is gonna be one hell of a match ! Are either of these two even loosing ? Well let's find out
Results:
X792 Dragon Force Natsu Dragneel (Fairy Tail)
Dry Leonhard (Knight Run):
Inconclusive: 7 (Zack, Witch, DD, Riki, Popted, LovelyFluffy, Olegattor)
KCAOapM.png

Last edited:
Holy shit i just realised how similar their powersets are, powernulling fire spammers.

Right from the getgo, Natsus fire feats should be above Dry, by virtue of having known temperature nummbers. So in a direct fire to fire clash, Dry should lose. The thing though is that both have powernull properties and this is there things get more interessting. To be objective, Natsus null feats are above Drys (Time being the best feat vs Space being the best feat, potentially reality warping), but where i think things are tipped in Drys favor is his own powernull resistance and the fact that Waves can null powernull (Other waves), so 3 cases emerges:

Dry can seal off Natsus fire and overpower him with his AP, Skill and Dura advantage range attacks.

Or:

Both seal up each others fire abilities, which would still be in Drys favor, albit way closer than the first case.

Or:

They fail to seal each other up due to Powernull fuckery, in that case Natsu would win because his flames are, in those high temperatures, borderline hax.

Natsu can also absorb any and all of Drys Fire attacks, which will not only boost Natsu's stats by Drys stats but will also add the fire's properties to his own.

Thats great, but Natsu isn't getting much beyond Dry's AP. The powernull aspect comes from Dry charging Waves into his flames, which are something like Ki energy. Moot point if Natsu can eat Ki too obviously. Other than that, case 1 wont be happening then, seeing as Natsu can null any range advantage Dry would have if they null each other.

But Dry isnt dumb, far from it. Hes a battle genius, on top if having precognition, so he would, worst case scenario, feed into Natsu once and then just bumrush Natsu or best case scenario, see that he shoudnt hit Natsu with his fire directly and then bumrush him directly, only using his fire to block Natsus one.

Which would make this fight a stats and Skill check, which i doubt Dry would lose

This is interesting the stats gap is too high, and it seens like natsu won't be able to eat dry's flames since they contain non-magic powernull and natsu fire eating comes from his DS
Homever natsu heat has a lot more showing being able to vaporize sand and so if he manages to hit Dry natsu can probrably one-shot via heat

I do remember that there was a thread regarding AP and heat, where heat would have been treated as hax rather than something you can tank with durability, but i dont know if it was ever officially pulled through.

This is interesting the stats gap is too high, and it seens like natsu won't be able to eat dry's flames since they contain non-magic powernull and natsu fire eating comes from his DS
Homever natsu heat has a lot more showing being able to vaporize sand and so if he manages to hit Dry natsu can probrably one-shot via heat
That's not how Dragon Slayer Absorption works, its Biological in nature as Dragon Slayer magic alters your physiology to be more like a dragons. Even if the flames couldn't be absorbed normally, he can just bypass said resistance by negging his own power momentarily just like he did against Zancrow.

This Natsu's flames heat is far higher than 200 million C, and while it wouldn't outright vaporize Dry, I would greatly hinder him wanting to go into melee against Natsu as just being near him is enough to cause significant burns over the body.

I didnt doubt that Natsu can Drys flame. Im just saying that Natsu is getting nothing worthwhile out of them sans higher AP.

Dry is passivly surrounded by a Low 6-B forcefield so he can approach Natsu just fine. Not only that, Dry can just powernull Natsus flame while he closes the distance.

I mean, if nothing contradicts them powernulling each other then im pretty sure Dry should take this. Assuming Natsu noms on some of Drys fire, he would only be boosted to his AP level, meanwhile Dry is vastly more skilled, has analytical prediction skills ON top of having future sight and a passive low 6-B dura forcefield around him.

I mean, if nothing contradicts them powernulling each other then im pretty sure Dry should take this. Assuming Natsu noms on some of Drys fire, he would only be boosted to his AP level, meanwhile Dry is vastly more skilled, has analytical prediction skills ON top of having future sight and a passive low 6-B dura forcefield around him.
If Dry is reduced to his swordsmanship, then he's gonna have a hard time just being near Natsu due to his passive body heat which will constantly burn him if he gets in close let alone fight him. Keep in mind that Natsu can Amp ontop of being at dry's level after absorbing his fire with FDKM which is 4x amp to AP and Dura.

If Dry is reduced to his swordsmanship, then he's gonna have a hard time just being near Natsu due to his passive body heat which will constantly burn him if he gets in close let alone fight him. Keep in mind that Natsu can Amp ontop of being at dry's level after absorbing his fire with FDKM which is 4x amp to AP and Dura.
his ap is even higher than him when amped

his ap is even higher than him when amped
FDKM isn't tied to a set AP value, its a form that's a 4x increase to AP and Dura, if his DF gets amped by Dry's flames, he can then amp himself even further by stacking said form on top of his current state.

And again, forcefields. That should severly dampen the effect of heat. As long as Natsu stays within physically being killable by Dry, AP amps arent going to do much for Natsu. Dry is ridiculously skilled and can predict every of Natsus attack with analytical prediction alone. He could match someone 1 for 1 who was too fast for Dry to even react to. And that was before he gainend Precog with Mandala.

And again, forcefields. That should severly dampen the effect of heat. As long as Natsu stays within physically being killable by Dry, AP amps arent going to do much for Natsu. Dry is ridiculously skilled and can predict every of Natsus attack with analytical prediction alone. He could match someone 1 for 1 who was too fast for Dry to even react to. And that was before he gainend Precog with Mandala.
Do Dry's forcefields have feats of stopping temps far higher than 200 Million C?

It dosnt, and i have never claimed it would. I said it would dampen the effect by keeping Dry's body away from the heat

According to the Fairy tail page, FDKM Natsu seems to be 6.88 teratons, which is only a bit higher than Dry's 6.71 teraton feat.

What's the skill difference here? Since the dude is from Knight Run, I imagine he's as skilled as Sion Zail?

Waay below Sion, hes around Prays level. And pray is the most skilled Knight going by in universe Hype. I would say, Pray is the second most skilled character in Knight Run, followed by Dry.

Ah, so Sion is like the most skilled one in the entire verse, neat.

Anyways, from Natsu's page, I don't really see anything coming close to Knight Run skill fuckery, what stops Dry from skillstomping? Is Natsu's passive fire aura shit or whatever it was called, also has a high temperature as his normal fire attacks?

There are other 2 supporters from the knight run page, it seems.

I'm also planning to read the series, but that'd probably take a while. The art style is ******* my eyes though.

It dosnt, and i have never claimed it would. I said it would dampen the effect by keeping Dry's body away from the heat
If it doesn't have the feats of doing so, then Natsu's heat would barely be hindered by said forcefield and would basically affect Dry with almost full potency as it would quickly wear down it's ability to protect him, especially if he amps himself with FDKM and becomes 4x stronger and more durable then Dry after absorbing his flames, Natsu also has very good could withstand many of Dry's attacks given his insane pain tolerance and determination to keep fighting, until he does enough burn damage over time until Dry can't fight anymore.

Voting Natsu, as Natsu can simply take Dry's hits and burn his way to victory

Is Natsu's passive fire aura shit or whatever it was called, also has a high temperature as his normal fire attacks?
his passive heat stuff is what melted Invel's ice which puts him above Wall's Magnetic Confinement Fusion, aka 200 million C

The reason why Drys forcefield will protect him at least temporarly is because those forcefields are designed around keeping heat and coldness away from its users, so coupled with his own heat resistance it should give him sometime before the heat kills Dry.

And that should be plenty time, because not only is it not guranteed that Natsu gets to eat his fire (Dry can use Waves without his fire, so if he precogs Natsu being able to eat fire he woudnt use them) which would allow Dry to kill Natsu in a few hits.

But, to be fair, this does look like a time race that could go either way. Either Dry absolute trashes Natsu fast enough or he loses to the body heat. I think im more inclined torwards incon now.

The reason why Drys forcefield will protect him at least temporarly is because those forcefields are designed around keeping heat and coldness away from its users, so coupled with his own heat resistance it should give him sometime before the heat kills Dry.
The problem is that from my knowledge, Dry's forcefield haven't really encountered temps near Natsu's heat before so I find it hard to believe that it would do much of anything in the way of protecting Dry from the insane temps he's gonna deal with.
And that should be plenty time, because not only is it not guranteed that Natsu gets to eat his fire (Dry can use Waves without his fire, so if he precogs Natsu being able to eat fire he woudnt use them) which would allow Dry to kill Natsu in a few hits.
This is a good point, Dry does have a massive skill advantage over Natsu and if Natsu can't absorb Dry's flames then the fight becomes a lot harder on Natsu.
But, to be fair, this does look like a time race that could go either way. Either Dry absolute trashes Natsu fast enough or he loses to the body heat. I think im more inclined torwards incon now.
Looking at it from that perspective, I'm leaning towards incon as well now as either Natsu burns or Dry skills.

Natsu is gifted in combat and should be able to avoid the hits for most parts keeping up with the AP gap until they both powernull each other, I'm thinking this one is an Incon, as thread makers are allowed to vote their own thread I'll see what others have to say

I mean, sure he's gifted, but I haven't seen anything coming close to Dry's level of skill, which is pretty insane.

Anyways, Incon fra.

This is a great match, glad i finally got something i can add to Drys profile. Poor guy either stomps, being discount Kharn or he gets stomped because his powernull isnt metaphysical enough

Incon FRA

also why skill is important, its not everything in a fight
Because Dry in particular forces it to be nearly everything. The average Dry fight is powernull his opponent into oblivion and then stat and skill check his opponent

Well this took quite the turn they both get 1 point and the points table can now screw anyone over later on towards the end.

Back