• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Low 2-C, 2-C, 2-B, 2-A Proposal/Revision?

On the tiering system it states to be Low 2-C you have to be capable of significantly affecting, creating and/or destroying an area of space that is qualitatively larger than an infinitely-sized 3-dimensional space(simply put, 1 space-time continuum). I was confused about what this meant and after I expressed my confusion on a thread I was told the only way to reach this level of power was to create/destroy/affect a timeline since you're affecting all of time in the past, present, and future since you're automatically affecting every moment of time. I've also seen many people in the scaling/debating community who use the tiering system to hold debates and vsb members misinterpret this explanation of Low 2-C/2-C as being able to create/destroy/affect multiple universes since a universe is technically a space-time continuum but this comes with the assumption that the character is affecting all of time as well as space which unless stated/implied/they scale to another character that can affect time they're not which would only put them higher into 3-A or High 3-A.

Here's a proposal/addition I think should be made and I put this into content revision to see what people think.

Low 2-C | Universe level+: Characters who are capable of significantly affecting[1], creating and/or destroying an area of space that is qualitatively larger than an infinitely-sized 3-dimensional space. Common fictional examples of spaces representing such sizes are space-time continuums of a universal scale. However, it can be more generally fulfilled by any 4-dimensional space that is either:

A) Equivalent to a large extra dimensional space. That is, a higher-dimensional "bulk" space which embeds lower-dimensional ones (Such as our universe) as subsets of itself, whose dimensions are not microscopic / compactified.

B) Portrayed as completely transcending lower-dimensional objects and spaces in the setting of a given work of fiction.

This definition is great but I believe it should be also be stated in parentheses that to qualify for this tier you have to create/destroy/affect an entire timeline/or have some sort of leverage to affect all of time/space to qualify for this tier. I believe explicitly stating it would ease the confusion many people have about the Multiversal section of the tiering system. As I said before myself and many people who use the tiering system interpret this tier and Low 2-C, 2-C and 2-B to mean just being able to destroy 1, 2 to 1000 or 1001 or any finite number of universes.

So for Low 2-C I would propose to keep the requirement but I would also say simply put
you have to be able create, affect, or destroy an entire timeline/all of time and space of 1 universe.

This also means that to qualify for 2-C you have to be able to able to create, destroy, affect 2 to 1000 space-time continuums(2 to 1000 timelines/all of time and space within 2 to 1,000 universes).

2-B would be defined as being able to create, destroy, or affect 1001 or any other finite number of space-time continuums(1001 or any higher finite number of timelines/all of space and time within 1001 or any higher finite number of universes.)

Lastly, 2-A would be defined as being able to create, destroy, or affect a countably infinite number of space-time continuums(infinite timelines/all of space and time within infinite universes)

I believe the extra information in the parentheses would clarify what being able to affect an entire space-time continuum actually means.

In this thread user Planck69 stated

"A spacetime continuum is larger as it's essentially uncountably infinite snapshots of the 3-dimensional part of it, since it's equivalent to as many 3-dimenisonal universes as there are infinitesimal moments of time. We decided on universal size as more or less a marker from which point the spatial dimensions' lengths were considered non-trivial."

I believe this explanation should be in notes or the footnote section because it offers a great explanation as to what affecting a space-time continuum/timeline actually means.

I also believe there should be a footnote clarifying that unless a character can't be assumed to have affected all of time (past, present, future) unless stated or they scale above other characters who can affect all of time.

This is all for now but I would like to see what people think about some of the proposals.

If I heard it right, there was actually going to be a revision on Tier 2, supposedly to be headed by Sera in which the explanation Planck gave, relayed from Ultima, was going to be included. But she left just today so who knows what now.

Uhm, what is writed on tiering system is specific. 4D isn't only space time, 4D can be also only spatial. and it even can't being indicated.

the problem here is that people have 2 things

1) Bias/Assumption that 4D is ONLY spacetime.
2) Can't understand what is writed.

also there would be a upcoming CRT that makes it more harder, so destroy the whole timeline wouldn't be anymore Low 2-C, but you would need to destroy the whole past,present and future (+ 3 Spatial Dimensions) at once.

also there would be a upcoming CRT that makes it more harder, so destroy the whole timeline wouldn't be anymore Low 2-C, but you would need to destroy the whole past,present and future (+ 3 Spatial Dimensions) at once.
Whole timeline is past/present and future though.....

Only destroying one instant isn't low2C

Whole timeline is past/present and future though.....

Only destroying one instant isn't low2C
The whole timeline is past, present and future though.
not seems to said the otherwise, there would be just a CRT that explain how destroying timeline isn't enough (i think because of """""vague"""") and it needs more explanation.

Ik that's basically a downplay but apparently the CRT would be like that.

not seems to said the otherwise, there would be just a CRT that explain how destroying timeline isn't enough (i think because of """""vague"""") and it needs more explanation.

Ik that's basically a downplay but apparently the CRT would be like that.
In the only other CRT about this, everyone knowledgeable on the tiering system only talked about how universal space-times are timelines and that they only wanted to make sure that the entire space-time is specified in feats as opposed to a single instance of time.

Timelines are 100% Low 2-C. They're the only "he destroyed X" statements that can be taken at face-value.

In the only other CRT about this, everyone knowledgeable on the tiering system only talked about how universal space-times are timelines and that they only wanted to make sure that the entire space-time is specified in feats as opposed to a single instance of time.

Timelines are 100% Low 2-C. They're the only "he destroyed X" statements that can be taken at face-value.
I said upcoming CRT, because there would be one for what i understanded.

also, im not the one who is making it. so don't explain me how timelines are spacetimes because i already know

I can understand....it is more easier to get Low2C now then it will be after the CRT.

Besides works of fiction aren't that specific about such things anyway so it will become very hard to make such feats justifiable for Low2C after CRT.

Kinda bummer but logically sound.

Yeah, I don't really see what's getting proposed and the OP looks kinda messy, redundant, ect.

Yeah, I don't really see what's getting proposed and the OP looks kinda messy, redundant, ect.
Ok what exactly is messy about the proposal. I'm just simply saying that it should be specified on the definitions for Tier 2 that you should explicitly be stated that you have to affect timelines/all of past, present, and future/all of time and space to qualify for that tier to clarify what affecting, creating, or destroying a space-time continuum actually means.(1 timeline is Low 2-C, 2 to 1000 timelines is 2-C, 1001 to any higher finite number is 2-B, 2-A is infinite timelines)

Instead of receiving 20 questions a week about how Low 2-C works or someone asking why one of their favorite characters doesn't meet Low 2-C standards, I think this would be a much simpler explanation because simply saying space-time continuum without any further explanation is kind of confusing.

Last edited:
Ok what exactly is messy about the proposal. I'm just simply saying that it should be specified on the definitions for Tier 2 that you should explicitly be stated that you have to affect timelines/all of past, present, and future/all of time and space to qualify for that tier to clarify what affecting, creating, or destroying a space-time continuum actually means. (1 Timeline- Low 2-C/ 2-1000 timelines 2-C/1001 to higher finite number if timelines 2-B/Infinite Timelines 2-A)

Instead of receiving 20 questions a week about how Low 2-C works or someone asking why one of their favorite characters doesn't meet Low 2-C standards, I think this would be a much simpler explanation because simply saying space-time continuum without any further explanation is kind of confusing.

Agree its really messy & I kinda disagree with it
Agree its really messy & I kinda disagree with it
What do you disagree with?

and we will recive other questions about if destroying/create/affect 4D Spatial Dimensions would be enough for qualify.

The standards are already as clear as can be.

We'll never stop getting these questions no matter how simple the language used is. Best we can do is explain it to those who ask.
Yeah....new users will always have these doubts.
As repetitive as that looks to us...especially veteran members and mods especially , we just have patiently quell the doubts.

Even I brought up this similar kind of question in my first few weeks.....and I think you were the one who answered it.

I understand what you're saying but I believe using simpler language may reduce the questions the forum receives about Tier 2.

He is asking for specific critiques......what exactly is unnecessary and redundant??
Everything, it literally is just changing words, and our current Low 2-C have better explanation than the version that he wants to apply, since it also has links to a better explanation of what is a space-time continuum

Everything, it literally is just changing words, and our current Low 2-C have better explanation than the version that he wants to apply, since it also has links to a better explanation of what is a space-time continuum
I'm changing some of the words to offer a better explanation. The definition for Low 2-C isn't bad by any means but I believe it needs a further explanation because at face value it may seem confusing to people who don't know how dimensional tiering works. We've seen characters achieve this tier on the wiki by affecting an entire timeline of a universe since they're affecting all of time and space within that single universe.

I don't know what's wrong with just simply saying that to achieve this tier you have to destroy, create, or affect a timeline aka affecting the past, present, and future of a single universe. That's as simple an explanation that you can offer imo and it would ease further doubts.

The worst problem i think is about people attitude, if a person want to wank certain character or ignore the entire tier description or both, then no matter how good the explaination/wording is, it is pointless. I think we could just keep this way, no need for more complicated wording

Back