• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Loser Sleeps On The Couch Tonight (Shadow v. Rouge)

LordTracer

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Last edited:
Shadow has better ranged attacks such as the Chaos Spear or Chaos Blast, he also can stop time and spam teleportation. Those alone give him a major advantage over Rouge that will allow him to win with fair ease.

Tho, if we use some in-verse scaling, Knuckles scales evenly with Rouge and Knuckles fought Sonic to a standstill.

The characters aren't bloodlusted, and with Sonic beating Shadow (Hero's ending, as Shadow isn't shown to have beaten Sonic in the Dark Story ending cutscene), Rouge should have a real chance against Shadow.

Speed Equalized isn't necessary between characters that are in the same scale as each other.

Note: I was the one who suggested Lord Tracer to hold off on this match till the Forum move was completed.

Last edited:
The ARK fight was a draw since either Sonic or Shadow would win depending on which one the player chose to play as. Plus Shadow can use Chaos powers with no emeralds, real or fake. Having an emerald does enhance his abilities though.
I beg to differ.

Only Sonic has a cutscene for winning on the Ark. They were racing/battling and Sonic is shown to have reached the end. The Dark Story cuts quickly to Eggman when Shadow's gameplay battle with Sonic ends.

Ye, I was pulling your quote to further my point while it was relevant.

Rouge should have a reasonable chance against Shadow, due to the scaling alone.

Last edited:
I'm not talking about AP scaling but skill scaling. Shadow used teleportation a lot while his speed scales to Sonic and still lost.

While its implied he always had Chaos Blast and Stop Time (as there is no evidence he was learning those moves over time), he wasn't using them during his fight with Sonic and lost in the skill department.

I'm pretty sure Shadow has the advantage over Rouge. This would be somewhat similar to Knuckles VS Sonic given that Rouge matched Knuckles and Shadow matched Sonic, but Shadow has superior skills, including Chaos Spear and Chaos Control while Rouge usually fights physically

So I vote for Shadow

I'm pretty sure Shadow has the advantage over Rouge. This would be somewhat similar to Knuckles VS Sonic given that Rouge matched Knuckles and Shadow matched Sonic, but Shadow has superior skills, including Chaos Spear and Chaos Control while Rouge usually fights physically

Chaos Spear and Chaos Control are not evidence of superior skill. Those are moves he can do but they are not skill based.

Again, he had those moves against Sonic while Sonic used none of those kinds of moves and Shadow still lost.

Strength wise, Knuckles is superior to Sonic, Shadow and Rouge but Sonic and Rouge can stalemate Knuckles with pure skill. And Sonic > Shadow in skill.

So, after thinking about it, I'm voting for Rouge via Skill scaling.

Sonic easily defeated Knuckles because of skill in Sonic 3 & Knuckles and in Sonic Adventure. Knuckles is also only seems superior in Lifting strength and not really in AP, since Sonic can tank Knuckles' attacks just fine

Also Rouge stalemated because she's more skilled than him, which is not exactly a big achievment because Sonic (who Shadow scale to and consistently matches him) said his moves are very predictable and easy to dodge.

Shadow is also much more inclined to use his haxes than Rouge, especially his chaos control and chaos spear, and he can just outrange her if he's outmatched physically

Has Shadow, the one who uses haxes more often, ever beaten Sonic, who is far less likely to use Haxes?

Knuckles is still considered a rival to Sonic in the modern day like Shadow.

Sonic and Knuckles ended in a stalemate in Sonic Adventure 1, right before Chaos 4. Knuckles later stalemates with Rouge one game later.

But Sonic didn’t stalemate with Shadow in Adventure 2.

Did you forget Sonic and Shadow's first fight? Also the fight with Knuckles in Sonic Adventure was cut short by Eggman appearing and then the three fighting Chaos 4

Yes Knuckles still rivals Sonic, but so does Shadow. And Shadow consistently matched Sonic in carious games. Also the final battle between Sonic and Shadow was also a stalemate, as we don't know how it ended.

the final battle between Sonic and Shadow was also a stalemate, as we don't know how it ended.
We do know how it ended.

On the Hero’s side, Sonic reached the goal Shadow was trying to prevent, supported by the ending cutscene with Sonic giving the thumbs up.

On the Dark side, we immediately cut to Eggman after Shadow’s “gameplay” ends.

• Sonic Wind: Sonic raises his fist to generates a small cyclone made of sharp, sky blue winds, which ensnare his opponent to deal damage.
And Sonic was just teleporting while Shadow should've known Chaos Blast and Stop Time at this point.

There isn't enough evidence that is to say Shadow will defeat Rouge before she uses one of her own haxes like Empathic Manipulation (With Heart Effect).

We can see that Shadow only used in his fight, you can't say that Sonic only used what we see yet Shadow used shit that we didn't see, that's being biased

? What evidence is there that Sonic knew how to use Chaos Blast and Time Stop during that fight with Chaos Control? He just manage to pull off teleportation for the 1st time moments earlier.

While Shadow should have known those techniques during the fight.

Because in the same game Sonic can use time stop in the multiplayer, which is where you are even using evidence for Rouge's hax, and Chaos Blast didn't exist back then, that move was only created in Shadow's game

Because in the same game Sonic can use time stop in the multiplayer, which is where you are even using evidence for Rouge's hax, and Chaos Blast didn't exist back then, that move was only created in Shadow's game
So would that mean Shadow learned Chaos Blast by the time "Shadow the Hedgehog" game came but not yet in Sonic Adventure 2?

Chaos Blast didn't exist back then, that move was only created in Shadow's game
Mute point. Shadow has nothing stating he learns techniques over time.

As for Sonic using Time Stop during their match, unlikely. Again, Sonic has always been surrounded by the Chaos Emeralds but always thought of them as Stats Amplification.

He didn't grasp the idea they can be used for teleportation till Shadow showed him.

Saying he immediately grasp and used time manipulation right after without supporting evidence is NLF.

Even if Sonic used Time Stop in the Multiplayer, there is no evidence he used Time Stop to defeat Shadow on Space Colony Ark.

In the final battle Sonic learns how to use Chaos Control and consistently use it (alongside Sonic Wind) in his battle against Shadow.

Also as I stated, Shadow can just either hax or outrange Rouge

Not a mute point, you are asking yourself why Shadow didn't use a ability that didn't exist, and yes there is proof like the Chaos Boost in 06

And there's no evidence Shadow used time stop in the fight as well, that can go both ways, in SA2 time stop only exists in the multiplayer, you can't just cherry pick

And there's no evidence Shadow used time stop in the fight as well, that can go both ways, in SA2 time stop only exists in the multiplayer, you can't just cherry pick
Actually, I can. In Sonic Heroes, Shadow loses his memories. But the first thing he does for the team attack is Time Stop and then other abilities.

The fact Shadow remembers how to fight with Chaos Control and uses Time Stop almost immediately points to Shadow more than likely using Time Stop in his fight with Sonic.

While Sonic doesn't have those similar circumstances to support he used Time Stop during their fight.

This proves nothing about Shadow using time stop during the Ark fight, legit nothing, only that he can use his abilities without memory

It doesn't matter if it doesn't prove if Time Stop was used in the fight or not.

It proves Shadow had it and didn't use it against Sonic.

Yes, things have changed and characters have grown since then but I'm using my interpretation of in-verse scaling, that if Shadow improved in skill since then, so did Rouge.
The fight with Knuckles in Sonic Adventure was cut short by Eggman appearing and then the three fighting Chaos 4
The scene shows Knuckles and Sonic clashing and falling to the ground equally before Eggman interrupted. Knuckles even knocked the Chaos Emeralds Sonic was holding onto out of him.

If we are going to use this weird skill scaling in Battle Shadow says Emerl is only his equal while Rouge says he is better than her, so Shadow>Rouge that simple

Hm

Welp, I can’t seem to find anything to say otherwise atm.

Ok, fine. It does seem like Rouge likely gets beaten unless something from Sonic Rivals says otherwise. I’ll switch my vote to Shadow but this is still a very close match in my mind.

Back