• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Lord of the Rings revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the worst scenario i don't think that would be that a problem to just label it as Unknown, possibly xxx

This is just to follow the principle of always catalog all the tiers on a profile, considering this young Glaurung is explicitly said to be inferior to his prime one

Yeah, the better option it's to try to validate the old calcs then
Yeah unknown works fine. I'll make sure to add a new key once/if Smaug's calc is accepted. Unless you want to take Glaurung.

Since nobody has evaluated your thread yet, you should ask for help here instead:

That is probably fine, but please remind me about what those changes are.

Okay. As long as the changes are based on linked to calculations that have been placed in blog posts in our wiki and then evaluated and accepted by our calc group members, that should probably be fine.

I forgot that Ancalagon had his own High 7-A calc so it's actually High 7-A to 6-C for him. I also noticed that Glaurung was being scaled to Ancalagon in regards to speed for no reason, but otherwise he doesn't seem to have his own speed feats so I put him at unknown. If anyone has ideas for Glaurung's speed this can be changed (maybe scaling to Balrogs if that's substantiated or something).

Last edited:
Okay, that is probably fine, but just to make certain, the statistics you want to apply are based on calculation blogs in our wiki that have been accepted by our calc group members, correct?

Narutoforums calculations are not acceptable as a basis, unless they have been copied to blogs in our wiki, and then evaluated and accepted in this manner.

Last edited:
Okay. Please ask for evaluations in our calculation evaluation request thread for the calculation blogs that have not yet been accepted.

See here:

So what do we currently need to do here?
Well on my end, until the blogs get approval, nothing can really be done as the Low 7-B to 6-C tier affects almost all profiles (minus the solid 3-A or below Low 7-B to 6-C profiles).

Smaug can be revised to Low 7-C to 7-C judging from his blog. Assuming that one was already approved (otherwise my one again needs approval).

After that it's just a matter of scaling elves, werewolves, etc. Merchant had some posts earlier on this topic, alongside others.

Have you asked in our calculation evaluation requests thread and told them that I would appreciate if our calc group members help you out in conjunction?

Have you asked in our calculation evaluation requests thread and told them that I would appreciate if our calc group members help you out in conjunction?
I made two posts in the thread, but I didn't mention the latter half. Should I make a new post in the thread linking the two or wait until the month is up?

Well, you can update your old posts in the meantime. I do not think that our calc group members would appreciate if we break the rules.

Don't know if i need to make another CR topic or if i can comment about it here, but while we are looking on the Dragons CR IMO would be important to rename the verse from simply Lord of the Ring to properly The Legendarium

Going straightforward, this was the name that Tolkien refereed to his universe, besides that simply naming it LoR excludes the importance that The Hobbit and especially The Silmarilion represent for the verse as a whole

"Lord of the Rings" is the by far most commonly used title, so our visitors will find it confusing if we change the current verse page title in question, but I will create a redirect link to it from "The Legendarium" and "Legendarium" titles/search terms as well.

Last edited:
I have now done so.
Cool, thanks!

Sooo, since no one commented on the blog post i asked for Spinosaurus75 since he is listed as a supporter of the verse and also from the calculation group

Does anybody else knows other members of the calc group that could help?

Edit: I just noticed now he is the one how created this thread, lol

Are you talking about this calculation?

How long ago did you ask for evaluation help for this in the following thread?

I was talking about this, but yeah, the Smaug one is more important since it is essential for scaling the dragons profiles, i linked now both to him

Is Tyrano how is asking in this thread, he last posted this Tuesday
Yeah I'm in the thread. The calc I posted pretty much decides most of the scaling for anything from Balrog level characters to top tier Maiar level characters.

Basically a good 3/4 of the pages.

The comments aren't loading for me due to my shit school Wi-Fi, but the Earthquake formulae on our Earthquake Calculations page can simply be used instead of the old trial-and-error method with the calculator for a more precise result.

The comments aren't loading for me due to my shit school Wi-Fi, but the Earthquake formulae on our Earthquake Calculations page can simply be used instead of the old trial-and-error method with the calculator for a more precise result.
I already did this, in the comments.

I already did this, in the comments.
@Mr._Bambu

Thank you very much for helping out. Given that Kepekley23 is not a part of this community anymore, would you be willing to create a calculation blog of your own for the listed feats instead?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back