• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Lord of the Rings revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan

VS Battles
Calculation Group
The current Lord of the Rings 6-B rating comes from the feat of Osse lifting Elenna-nore: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Amelia_Lonelyheart/Middle-earth:_Osse_raises_Elenna-nórë

The calculation uses gravitational potential energy. However, per our revised rules after a revision a while ago:

"However, lifting should generally not be used to calculate Attack Potency unless it is a fast, explosive form of lift (for example: snatch, clean-and-jerk, etc.). This is based on the biomechanics behind how human type characters attack. Unlike a punch, a kick, or most other types of attacks, a lift is a slow sustained motion which allows for many more muscles fibers to be recruited into the movement more easily, generating much more energy than a fast movement used in combat. Lifting movements also allow the body's tendons to help out by storing the energy, then releasing it in a sudden burst, acting like a spring. If we use real world ratios, when the world's heaviest deadlift is compared to the world's most powerful punch, the deadlift has nearly 5 times more energy, demonstrating the disparity between the two types of movements. Similarly, if telekinesis (or any other ability of a similar nature) is used, the lifting must be performed in a timeframe capable of being used as an attack."

If anyone has feats in replacement feel free to bring them up, otherwise they should be downgraded to the lesser end of Gandalf's current tiering of 7-B.

Wasn't the thing in the blog recalculated at High 6-C?

Though I agree lifting shouldn't be AP unless there's cinematic timeframe for it. I agree with this.

Wasn't the thing in the blog recalculated at High 6-C?

Though I agree lifting shouldn't be AP unless there's cinematic timeframe for it. I agree with this.
I don't know about that too but it won't be an issue since we're removing the feat, lol.

The 7-B feat would be Gandalf and the Balrog heavily damaging a mountain right?

Since no one active seems particularly interested and the downgrades don't seem controversial as far as I'm aware. I normally would consider it fine. Unless you want me to ping more calc group members.

Since no one active seems particularly interested and the downgrades don't seem controversial as far as I'm aware. I normally would consider it fine. Unless you want me to ping more calc group members.
Do you think they could downscale off Ancalagon the Black? He's supposed to be like significantly more powerful though iirc

I'd probably avoid downscaling and stick to the next best feat. 7-B?

I'm not sure since the rating seems arbitrary and the terminology was vague imo

"I threw down my enemy, and he fell from the high place and broke the mountain-side where he smote it in his ruin."

Okay then; I know LotR profiles are super messy, but I suppose they're even messier than I thought.

They also kinda made a storm around the mountain, so Tier 7 is where they should be, but idk if it would be safer to say 7-C

Full quote: "Those that looked up from afar thought that the mountain was crowned with storm. Thunder they heard, and lightning, they said, smote upon Celebdil, and leaped back broken into tongues of fire. Is not that enough? A great smoke rose about us, vapour and steam. Ice fell like rain. I threw down my enemy, and he fell from the high place and broke the mountain-side where he smote it in his ruin."

Last edited:
They also kinda made a storm around the mountain, so Tier 7 is where they should be, but idk if it would be safer to say 7-C

Full quote: "Those that looked up from afar thought that the mountain was crowned with storm. Thunder they heard, and lightning, they said, smote upon Celebdil, and leaped back broken into tongues of fire. Is not that enough? A great smoke rose about us, vapour and steam. Ice fell like rain. I threw down my enemy, and he fell from the high place and broke the mountain-side where he smote it in his ruin."
This does not sound nearly as high as 7-B. Breaking a mountain-side seems more like a 8-A feat, or something similar, but an approximated calculation might be best, if possible.

It says people thought it was a storm, not that there was one tbf, and it doesn't give a size anyway. Gandalf can use lightning, and the thunder could just be the strikes from the fight.

I don't really recall any feat that could scale beyond maybe tier 8 with Galadriel destroying the fortress on Dol Guldur, although it doesn't give any timeframe that I know of.

Help to figure out what we should do here would be very appreciated.

I agree with removing the 6-B calc

I'm not a expert of the verse tho. But whatever Storm feat would preferly need a elaboration as to why it would scale to the AP of the caster.

Off-topic but @Antvasima, I don't think you can bring Kaltias to help anymore, he's retired and has been inactive for several months, he doesn't even have any activity in the new forum.

Sorry. I forgot to remove him when I collected the usernames of members who are interested in this franchise.

Would the storm scale or just be Environmental Destruction? If not I think Gandalf would be Tier 8-7 anyways for the Balrog fight. And although I doubt Gandalf scales, Sauron should be somewhere in Tier 7 as well.

I would appreciate suggestions for what we should do here.

I’d say try to calc the fight between Gandalf and the Balrog, as well as Galadriel destruction feat of Dul-Guldur. If the storm is accepted then, then place them at either Low 7-B or 7-B. I tried looking for other calcs but everything offsite was broken. I’ll try to find more feats for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back