• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Lord of the Rings Discussion Thread

Not sure.

Part of it's because I'm just not feeling very motivated recently. I've been going out (touching grass) doing stuff lately that happens to take up my energy. I'll probably get it done once I'm in an extended period where I just stay at home.
Oh yeah, i can completely understand the lack of motivation, it happens sometimes to everyone. Hope you're doing well.

How high would the Silmarils and the One Ring possibly scale? (Just give their overall tiers and the reasons they scale there)

How high would the Silmarils and the One Ring possibly scale? (Just give their overall tiers and the reasons they scale there)
They've already been evaluated as justification for Carcharoth and Sauron.

Both are High 3-A but the One Ring varies depending on the user and the Silmarils aren't usually a tool used to enhance power.

The only person to outright use the Silmarils to enhance themself was Carcharoth who ate one and was constantly being burned from the inside by it. The jewels themselves are solidly High 3-A regardless for burning Morgoth with permanent scars, being capable of reviving the Two Trees when used together, and being the greatest creation of the Valar (including the material universe).

For the One Ring, Frodo for instance, upon becoming capable of using the Ring, was able to shake Mount Doom and I believe Mordor. However he would be utterly unable to resist Sauron in direct combat (and has his fingers bit off by Gollum). Gandalf (Grey or White is not stated) would be enhanced to have a 50/50 chance against Sauron (WotR) with the implication he is stronger but has the issue of using the One Ring against its creator. It's also implied Sauron himself could not use its full power at the LA due to still being weakened from his prime, although still strong enough to be uncontested beyond Elendil and Gil-galad, the strongest warriors of Good at the time. At its best, the One Ring possessed most of Sauron's spirit and power from his prime so High 3-A, but even "good" and "compatible" users can struggle to draw out tier 7 strength.

They've already been evaluated as justification for Carcharoth and Sauron.

Both are High 3-A but the One Ring varies depending on the user and the Silmarils aren't usually a tool used to enhance power.

The only person to outright use the Silmarils to enhance themself was Carcharoth who ate one and was constantly being burned from the inside by it. The jewels themselves are solidly High 3-A regardless for burning Morgoth with permanent scars, being capable of reviving the Two Trees when used together, and being the greatest creation of the Valar (including the material universe).

For the One Ring, Frodo for instance, upon becoming capable of using the Ring, was able to shake Mount Doom and I believe Mordor. However he would be utterly unable to resist Sauron in direct combat (and has his fingers bit off by Gollum). Gandalf (Grey or White is not stated) would be enhanced to have a 50/50 chance against Sauron (WotR) with the implication he is stronger but has the issue of using the One Ring against its creator. It's also implied Sauron himself could not use its full power at the LA due to still being weakened from his prime, although still strong enough to be uncontested beyond Elendil and Gil-galad, the strongest warriors of Good at the time. At its best, the One Ring possessed most of Sauron's spirit and power from his prime so High 3-A, but even "good" and "compatible" users can struggle to draw out tier 7 strength.
Regarding Sauron shaking Mount Doom and Mordor, wouldn’t that make WotR Sauron Country Level, because of Mordor’s sheer size and amount of landmass? Or did he only shake Mount Doom?

Does the one ring just enhance Sauron's original powers and stats or does it have any additional abilities other than the side effects like turning invisible?

Does the one ring just enhance Sauron's original powers and stats or does it have any additional abilities other than the side effects like turning invisible?
It enhanced his powers (invisibility isn’t something it's meant to give, that's usually only given to those unable to use it by making them shift into the Unseen world. Which is gonna be part of an NPI ability thing for High Elves, Nazgul, etc).

Essentially it buffs his power, enhances his mental abilities, slows the decay of the world (limited time manip I guess), and other powers the Rings of Power give.

Back