• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Lord of headcanon

This should be a short, and frankly uncontroversial revision, but a lot of the profiles for Lord of the Rings are full of unsubstantiated claims, that as far as I can tell, have no basis or backing to them. Sauron's profile for instance, has him stated as the strongest Maia, when such was never claimed in any of Tolkein's writings. The Silmarillion for instance, merely states him as the 'greatest' of Morgoth's servants, and while other writings place Sauron's peak above Morgoth by the end of the First Age, by that point, Morgoth was a fraction of his former self, having already been heavily harmed by a single (albeit mighty) Noldor Elf Lord. Moreover, other profiles like Saruman's has his unrestricted form placed above Gandalf's own with no backing, whilst Durin's Bane's profile has him claimed to be the weakest Balrog, only because he went into hiding, when Sauron himself did the same.

Basically, I'm just stating that a lot of the LOTR profiles need to have all claims of a character being stronger, or weaker than X character(s), removed unless it is actually substantiated.

Ah, I thought that one had been resolved by now. I thought this sort of thing would be relatively quick to resolve however.

Back