• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Logan Paul Profile Deletion (Potentially the WWE-verse with it)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So could Nintendo for us having Mario. That's objectively just irrelevant, especially considering we may likely fall under fair use anyways.
WWE have laws on Fair use.
It's more so to do with the reason this wiki exists and it's purpose; IRL Animal's are much further from the purpose of "Indexing Fictional Franchises" than WWE, which can easily be argued to fit in as being a Fictional Franchise.
Animals are not fictional or maybe they are I don't know. I have never interacted with animals.

@DontTalkDT Tllm reminded me that this discussion sorta echoes the one about the Kurzgesagt narrator; in that it's about when stage personas should be considered separate enough to get profiles or not.

WWE have laws on Fair use.
those are just random people, not lawyers. and the OP clearly didn't specify a circumstance where it may be allowed or not

those are just random people, not lawyers. and the OP clearly didn't specify a circumstance where it may be allowed or not
What if WWE gives Vsbattle wiki Cease and Desist letter.
Here are two Wrestlers who used to live in Japan called Matt and Nick Jackson, They started doing WWE wrestlers poses and gestures and they got Cease and Desist letter on the show, with $150,000 fine.

I'm pretty sure real life animals don't meet Bambu's credentials as to what's allowed on the wiki.
I'm opting to not reply as I'm sure anything I say can and will be placed through a Discord quote bot for epic meme points but you really are being disingenuous. Take the thread seriously, man.

The Real Life verse is fine. A profile for Donald Trump wouldn't be. This ain't the discussion, so shitpost elsewhere.

Here are two Wrestlers who used to live in Japan called Matt and Nick Jackson, They started doing WWE wrestlers poses and gestures and they got Cease and Desist letter on the show, with $150,000 fine.

Wait, wouldn't we be in the same boat as Death Battle who outright used Macho-man for one of their fights?

We are, and have been, working under fair use for all of our verses. This would include WWE. And in the event that WWE sent a Cease and Desist, if they had a actual case that could be used against us, then we would assuredly do so, but as it stands, they have no actual grounds to do such to my knowledge.

We are, and have been, working under fair use for all of our verses. This would include WWE. And in the event that WWE sent a Cease and Desist, if they had a actual case that could be used against us, then we would assuredly do so, but as it stands, they have no actual grounds to do such to my knowledge.
Well I guess you are fine. I have zero info on Copyright so I can not argue with you on that.

I'm opting to not reply as I'm sure anything I say can and will be placed through a Discord quote bot for epic meme points but you really are being disingenuous. Take the thread seriously, man.

The Real Life verse is fine. A profile for Donald Trump wouldn't be. This ain't the discussion, so shitpost elsewhere.
Why is the Real Life Verse Fine when it is literally the exact opposite of what our wiki is meant to document
You can call this sort of argument a shitpost, that's fine, that is completely your opinion but it won't erase the genuine issue this posit's to the staff. If the rules are applicable to take away the WWEverse because they blur the line between IRL and Fiction, then a verse that is solely rooted in our Real World absolutely should be against our rules.

I'm just going to assume you're being overly cynical here with some of these comments.

Having Donald ******* Trump on the wiki is a no no. I'm pretty sure everyone agrees with that. However, the same logic doesn't apply to WWE guys.

I'm just going to assume you're being overly cynical here with some of these comments.

Having Donald ******* Trump on the wiki is a no no. I'm pretty sure everyone agrees with that. However, the same logic doesn't apply to WWE guys.
Look I'm just gonna ask this to only Random alright. I agree with Verse staying BUT I just am asking, What if Dwayne The Rock johnson runs for President will we keep his profile or delete it ? It's a simple question.

It's a point of concern I wanted to point it out. You should never say "if you don't know X so don't bring it up"
it's repressing rights and slavery.
I'm not saying you shouldn't ask, and if it was a concern then you should bring it up, but to argue the point like you had the information prior is what made me question it.

I think the profile should be removed (which is presumably much to Randomguy's chagrin, lol) but how is Logan Paul comparable to Trump?
Without getting into politics, I'll just say he did a couple bad things and got arrested recently, compared to Logan Paul who's only known for one particularly stupid decision.
Both the Paul brothers have always been infamous for being a pair of jerks or assholes every where they go even before Logan's worst incident. Though he did have a dead body in one of his YT vlogs and that got his account temporarily suspended (Which ironically it wasn't outright deleted) and he lost most of his subscribers. And while he kept making apology video after apology video, it doesn't wash away how F'd up what he did was.

But anyway, I am more or less neutral about WWE or professional wrestling profiles in general, but the Logan Paul one does set bad predescants IMO.

Do not bring the real world profiles into the discussion, they exist basically because many verses use that data as a base:
  • When someone is attacked by an animal or someone attacks an animal, you can easily escalate the animal in real life.
  • When someone has a weapon and they tell us the model, we can simply link the profile of the weapon and we already have its power and speed
Those profiles are a clear exception to the rule.
Also, no real life profile is for just one individual, in fact, without going any further, I think it has been denied several times to make a profile for the human race.

Mr Bambu is fine to say that this is irrelevant
Mr Bambu is wrong to compare a stage person to a real person

Or so i think

Wait, I know this is sort of off topic, but if I could prove that AVGN is different enough front the actor and that it has a consistent timeline, could I make a profile?

@DontTalkDT Tllm reminded me that this discussion sorta echoes the one about the Kurzgesagt narrator; in that it's about when stage personas should be considered separate enough to get profiles or not.
I don't think one can call it a stage persona in the same sense, seeing how there is no clear connection to any real-life person. Like, by some depictions it is really just a magical fictional character.

Kill: Mr. Bambu, Antvasima, Deagonx (Logan, leaning towards it for WWE as a whole), Damage3245

Keep: Qawsedf234 (Including Logan Paul), Tllmbrg, Agnaa, LephyrTheRevanchist, KingTempest (Neutral on Logan)

Neutral/Don't Care: ByAsura

Updated to account for Lephyr's vote.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back