• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Little Red Riding Hood - Inui Takumi vs Ruby Rose

Sir_Ovens

Resident Kitchen Appliance
VS Battles
Administrator
What a cool belt you have, Grandma.

The Wolf vs The Girl

Base Faiz and Post-Haven Ruby. Axel form is restricted. Speed equalized. Victory via SBA.

8ee116eb590996ddd42bb14edaa7c99e.jpg
3c99f125-1b44-43c4-9fbe-8934063c0a28.jpg

Last edited:
Ruby has a skill advantage while Takumi has the AP/Durability advantage (even with the inclusion of Gravity Dust), LS advantage, as well as pretty solidly resisting any heat-based or lightning attacks from her. Faiz also has MUUUUCH better enhanced senses, which also pairs well with how the Faiz Gear can let him perceive things as fast as a supercomputer. His Gravity Manipulation should also be able to stop Ruby in her tracks, which would be useful given her mobility and skill. Additionally, Faiz has SoL projectiles via the Faiz Phone and the Crimson Smash can negate durability should. Not to mention, the Faiz Phone’s projectiles deconstruction would prove to be a problem if Ruby got hit by even one of the shots

This pretty much comes down to skill vs power and abilities. Ruby being a better fighter as well as having a mobility advantage does give her a chance. I just didn’t that Takumi’s advantages will make it more likely he takes the win first

Voting Takumi Inui

EDIT: While Ruby’s 7-C calc is higher than the bombs Faiz scales to, the specific scaling to those bombs placing him much much higher than their base value, since even small bits of Solmetal can endure nuclear bombs and come out undamaged. That’s essentially while Takumi has the AP/Durability advantage

Ruby has a skill advantage while Takumi has the AP/Durability advantage (even with the inclusion of Gravity Dust)
Takumi is 21 Kilotons, Ruby oneshots 29 Kilotons. Takumi does no have the AP or Dura advantage
LS advantage
Takumi is Class 100, Ruby is Class M, he does not have the lifting strength advantage either
as well as pretty solidly resisting any heat-based or lightning attacks from her.
Can he resist being frozen by her though?
His Gravity Manipulation should also be able to stop Ruby in her tracks, which would be useful given her mobility and skill.
How so?
Additionally, Faiz has SoL projectiles via the Faiz Phone
Given the speed of both characters, dodging SoL projectiles is not going to be an issue
and the Crimson Smash can negate durability should. Not to mention, the Faiz Phone’s projectiles deconstruction would prove to be a problem if Ruby got hit by even one of the shots
How do these abilities negate durability? If theyre unable to bypass Ruby's aura they wont affect her beyond blunt damage.

Takumi is 21 Kilotons, Ruby oneshots 29 Kilotons. Takumi does no have the AP or Dura advantage
I explained the reasoning for the gap at the end of my post. He HEAVILY upscales 21

Takumi is Class 100, Ruby is Class M, he does not have the lifting strength advantage either
That’s my bad, mixed up some LS ratings
Can he resist being frozen by her though?
With ice? No, that’s a wincon for Ruby. However, it’s not as if Takumi can’t avoid it
Given the speed of both characters, dodging SoL projectiles is not going to be an issue
Of course. I’m just noting it as they are projectiles that still are faster than both opponents
Faiz can fire an anti-gravity pulse along the ground, immobilizing ground-based enemies by levitating them in the air. So if he activates this (which he will certainly have the chance to do) and Ruby touches the ground even once, he’s got her
How do these abilities negate durability? If theyre unable to bypass Ruby's aura they wont affect her beyond blunt damage.
Literally, Faiz will go through the opponent and appear on the other end by phasing. It definitely isn’t something physical that aura will stop

Oh right. I should also mention Faiz’s Auto Vajin (basically his bike mecha) can be summoned freely into battle and can act as a good rapid-fire support (and meat shield if need be). It also boasts some aerially mobility meaning Takumi’s got a good amount of cover in this fight. Don’t know how I forgot that
how does it works those dura neg abilities?
What do you mean?

What do you mean?
excatly how i mean it

how it works the powers from Deconstruction and Dura neg written in his page?

Deconstruction (Photon Blood is an energy source that is able to disintegrate anything it touches into ash. It flows within Faiz's suit and can be used when Faiz activates his weaponry.), Durability Negation (When Faiz uses Crimson Smash, he can phase through enemies, destroying them from the inside.)

I explained the reasoning for the gap at the end of my post. He HEAVILY upscales 21
Ye, they both heavily upscale, the 29 kiloton feat Ruby scales to is from a Grimm that she casually oneshots in this key
That’s my bad, mixed up some LS ratings
All good, not sure what LS was even gonna do here anyways lol
With ice? No, that’s a wincon for Ruby. However, it’s not as if Takumi can’t avoid it
Eh, that would be iffy, even in earlier seasons Ruby showed the skill to curve the trajectory of her bullets to hit mobile targets, plus not only does her Ice have a decent AoE that would catch him even if he dodged the bullet itself, but she's 100% willing to use it in CQC
Faiz can fire an anti-gravity pulse along the ground, immobilizing ground-based enemies by levitating them in the air. So if he activates this (which he will certainly have the chance to do) and Ruby touches the ground even once, he’s got her
So pretty much the same as Weiss' anti-gravity field, though Ruby can fly so i dont really know how that would immobilize her, and she's entirely capable of spending an entire fight off the ground going by the majority of her fights
Literally, Faiz will go through the opponent and appear on the other end by phasing. It definitely isn’t something physical that aura will stop
Oof, phasing, the one type of intangibility the RWBY cast canonically cant hit lol

As for AP/Dura, Takumi can take hits from and deal damage to Kaixa. Kaixa’s armor is created from Sol Metal, every single part of it. Sol Metal, in insanely, insanely small portions can no sell point blank atomic bombs.

How much higher does Ruby scale above 29 KT?

Eh, that would be iffy, even in earlier seasons Ruby showed the skill to curve the trajectory of her bullets to hit mobile targets, plus not only does her Ice have a decent AoE that would catch him even if he dodged the bullet itself, but she's 100% willing to use it in CQC
That would be useful, though I do think Faiz’s enhanced senses and perception manipulation (along with Auto Vajin support) should allow him to avoid those
So pretty much the same as Weiss' anti-gravity field, though Ruby can fly so i dont really know how that would immobilize her, and she's entirely capable of spending an entire fight off the ground going by the majority of her fights
Well Takumi IS a tsundere too…

Ruby does tend to stick to the air a lot, but she still makes frequent stops and doesn’t solely move with her Semblance. I mean, it definitely is the majority of her mobility game, but she still has to change out of it, so I think there’d be ample chance for her to get caught in the field

excatly how i mean it

how it works the powers from Deconstruction and Dura neg written in his page?

Deconstruction (Photon Blood is an energy source that is able to disintegrate anything it touches into ash. It flows within Faiz's suit and can be used when Faiz activates his weaponry.), Durability Negation (When Faiz uses Crimson Smash, he can phase through enemies, destroying them from the inside.)
I mean, it’s pretty self-explanatory. The energy Faiz uses in his attacks causes deconstruction, and the Crimson Smash has Faiz phase through opponents

That would be useful, though I do think Faiz’s enhanced senses and perception manipulation (along with Auto Vajin support) should allow him to avoid those
Avoid how exactly...?
Ruby does tend to stick to the air a lot, but she still makes frequent stops and doesn’t solely move with her Semblance. I mean, it definitely is the majority of her mobility game, but she still has to change out of it, so I think there’d be ample chance for her to get caught in the field
Im confused as to what exactly is preventing her from just flying away when the field is active?
I mean, it’s pretty self-explanatory. The energy Faiz uses in his attacks causes deconstruction, and the Crimson Smash has Faiz phase through opponents
Has Photon Blood shown to be able to get through forcefields? Crimson Smash would get through Ruby's aura but not sure if his other stuff would.

As for AP/Dura, Takumi can take hits from and deal damage to Kaixa. Kaixa’s armor is created from Sol Metal, every single part of it. Sol Metal, in insanely, insanely small portions can no sell point blank atomic bombs.

How much higher does Ruby scale above 29 KT?
Casually oneshots monsters that are 29 kilotons in physical durability

Avoid how exactly...?
I mean, Faiz Riders can literally jump several storeys into the air. He isn’t a sitting duck
Im confused as to what exactly is preventing her from just flying away when the field is active?
She could do that, it’s just that she wouldn’t have any indication that it’s there. It wouldn’t be visible
Has Photon Blood shown to be able to get through forcefields? Crimson Smash would get through Ruby's aura but not sure if his other stuff would.
It’s gotten through physical defences before, so it would be able to

I mean, Faiz Riders can literally jump several storeys into the air. He isn’t a sitting duck
So can literally every character in RWBY lol, doesnt stop Ruby from tagging them with her shots, plus not sure how that would help if she just unloads on him at point blank range
She could do that, it’s just that she wouldn’t have any indication that it’s there. It wouldn’t be visible
Given that the girl who has been her combat partner for years regularly uses the same trick i feel like she would pick up on it very quickly
It’s gotten through physical defences before, so it would be able to
Aura isnt a physical defense though, its a forcefield

So can literally every character in RWBY lol, doesnt stop Ruby from tagging them with her shots, plus not sure how that would help if she just unloads on him at point blank range
While you said she wouldn’t be against using it up close, she’s more likely going to use them at a Ranger distance first. I mean, she literally has a sniper, not that bold of an assumption. Along with having much better senses as well as his perception manipulation, he’s gonna have ample opportunity to move out of the way of those. If it’s done point blank, that may be more troublesome, though as BERRIES brought up, there’s a chance the Faiz Edge’s extreme heat could just melt that
Given that the girl who has been her combat partner for years regularly uses the same trick i feel like she would pick up on it very quickly
Ehhh…. Weiss’ use of it is actually visible and performed differently. With how Faiz does it? I don’t think Ruby’s gonna pick up on it quick enough to get out of the way
Aura isnt a physical defense though, its a forcefield
Which the Crimson Smash wouldn’t have any trouble phasing through, given it can do so with non-physical attacks

Ehhh…. Weiss’ use of it is actually visible and performed differently. With how Faiz does it? I don’t think Ruby’s gonna pick up on it quick enough to get out of the way
Also it’s worth mentioning Weiss is a combat partner that Ruby has fought alongside for years, as well as uses the same type of weaponry (specifically Dust, not their signature weapons). Faiz is nothing like that. He isn’t using Dust, he’s using a Belt and weaponry built by an entirely different species. There’s no way Ruby would quickly pick up on him using a similar ability

While you said she wouldn’t be against using it up close, she’s more likely going to use them at a Ranger distance first. I mean, she literally has a sniper, not that bold of an assumption. Along with having much better senses as well as his perception manipulation, he’s gonna have ample opportunity to move out of the way of those. If it’s done point blank, that may be more troublesome, though as BERRIES brought up, there’s a chance the Faiz Edge’s extreme heat could just melt that
Funnily enough no, Ruby more often than not uses her sniper rifle in point blank close quarters combat lol, its her go-to tactic for pretty much any fight she's in.
Also it’s worth mentioning Weiss is a combat partner that Ruby has fought alongside for years, as well as uses the same type of weaponry (specifically Dust, not their signature weapons). Faiz is nothing like that. He isn’t using Dust, he’s using a Belt and weaponry built by an entirely different species. There’s no way Ruby would quickly pick up on him using a similar ability
I mean, gravity manip is gravity manip, the tech might be different but the mechanics in this case are functionally the same
Which the Crimson Smash wouldn’t have any trouble phasing through, given it can do so with non-physical attacks
Ye, Crimson Smash would, the other ability wouldnt

She can't blitz, Faiz is naturally faster.
No? According to the rules she is still allowed to do so, it just cant be added as a fair match

• The combat speed of that faster character is assumed to be equalized to the combat speed of the slower character. Every other speed the faster character has is reduced by the same multiplier. This includes the speed of any attacks, projectiles, reactions, perception, flight etc.
    • Speed Amplification techniques are assumed to grant the same percentile of increase to a character's equalized speeds, as they would to their usual speeds.
  • Any speed equalized match, in which a major reason a character loses is due to having a disadvantage against some speed value they usually wouldn't have a disadvantage against, may not be added to profiles.
    • As a result, winning a speed equalized match against a faster opponent due to a speed boost so large that it blitzes the opponent will not be added.

Funnily enough no, Ruby more often than not uses her sniper rifle in point blank close quarters combat lol, its her go-to tactic for pretty much any fight she's in.
Even still, it’s not as though he’s going to be helpless given the wincons discussed above. That and the Faiz Edge’s heat
Theres also the issue of how Takumi deals with Ruby just immediately opting for blitzing him to hell and back with her semblance
Speed is equalized. Yes, Ruby has much better mobility, but nobody is blitzing anybody. Plus, with Faiz’s senses and Auto Vajin for backup, I doubt he’s just gonna be an immobile target

Not to mention…he’s naturally faster? She couldn’t blitz him even if speed was unequal

I mean, gravity manip is gravity manip, the tech might be different but the mechanics in this case are functionally the same
Not quite. Yes, functionality is the same. But one is a visible attack Ruby is familiar with while another is an invisible attack from an opponent she’s never met in her life. Not at all a stretch to say she can’t simply use her previous knowledge of Weiss to avoid it

Even still, it’s not as though he’s going to be helpless given the wincons discussed above. That and the Faiz Edge’s heat
I mean, what does he have to help him if he just gets shot? Ignoring he whole ice thing, theyre still bullets lol
Speed is equalized. Yes, Ruby has much better mobility, but nobody is blitzing anybody. Plus, with Faiz’s senses and Auto Vajin for backup, I doubt he’s just gonna be an immobile target

Not to mention…he’s naturally faster? She couldn’t blitz him even if speed was unequal
Speed equalized doesnt nullify speed amplification techniques, it just means that if Ruby wins this cant be added

• The combat speed of that faster character is assumed to be equalized to the combat speed of the slower character. Every other speed the faster character has is reduced by the same multiplier. This includes the speed of any attacks, projectiles, reactions, perception, flight etc.
    • Speed Amplification techniques are assumed to grant the same percentile of increase to a character's equalized speeds, as they would to their usual speeds.
  • Any speed equalized match, in which a major reason a character loses is due to having a disadvantage against some speed value they usually wouldn't have a disadvantage against, may not be added to profiles.
    • As a result, winning a speed equalized match against a faster opponent due to a speed boost so large that it blitzes the opponent will not be added.
Ruby's speed amp amps her to the point that she blitzes people comparable to her normally, and does so to the point that she appears invisible to them.
Not quite. Yes, functionality is the same. But one is a visible attack Ruby is familiar with while another is an invisible attack from an opponent she’s never met in her life. Not at all a stretch to say she can’t simply use her previous knowledge of Weiss to avoid it
Either way she'd know t get away from it, even if she assumed it was some kind of telekinetic attack as those also exist in RWBY, shes not gonna just let herself be a sitting duck floating in midair

I mean, what does he have to help him if he just gets shot? Ignoring he whole ice thing, theyre still bullets lol
Bullets that release ice. Ice that would easily melt to the Faiz Edge’s natural heat. Not a giant leap. The shots alone wouldn’t take him out of commission
Ruby's speed amp amps her to the point that she blitzes people comparable to her normally, and does so to the point that she appears invisible to them.
Pretty certain that Penny’s explanation of the ability made it clear the “appearing invisible” part wasn’t only a factor of speed, but also due in part to the Matter Manip aspect. Not saying she can’t amp speed, but I needed to bring that up
Either way she'd know t get away from it, even if she assumed it was some kind of telekinetic attack as those also exist in RWBY, shes not gonna just let herself be a sitting duck floating in midair
How would she assume? Is there any proof that she would assume that kind of attack would be used? Again, it’s an invisible attack from an opponent she’s unfamiliar with that isn’t using any cues similar to Weiss. She’s definitely not gonna assume “Oh, this is just like Weiss’ attack, better stay away from the ground” when there’s zero indicators to aid her in that analysis

The ability also immobilized the opponent, so yes, she would be vulnerable

The Faiz Phone has shown phasing?
Yes

Bullets that release ice. Ice that would easily melt to the Faiz Edge’s natural heat. Not a giant leap. The shots alone wouldn’t take him out of commission
Ice isnt the only kind of bullet she has tho, and even then given that its a piercing weapon with AP slightly higher than his normal durability (unless im missing something) its pretty safe to say that even getting shot with her normal non-elemental ammo would mess him up severely
Pretty certain that Penny’s explanation of the ability made it clear the “appearing invisible” part wasn’t only a factor of speed, but also due in part to the Matter Manip aspect. Not saying she can’t amp speed, but I needed to bring that up
But we're in agreement that she can use it here?
How would she assume? Is there any proof that she would assume that kind of attack would be used? Again, it’s an invisible attack from an opponent she’s unfamiliar with that isn’t using any cues similar to Weiss. She’s is definitely not gonna assume “Oh, this is just like Weiss’ attack, better stay away from the ground”

The ability also immobilized the opponent, so yes, she would be vulnerable
In what way does it immobilize the opponent?
Fair enough then lol

Ice isnt the only kind of bullet she has tho, and even then given that its a piercing weapon with AP slightly higher than his normal durability (unless im missing something) its pretty safe to say that even getting shot with her normal non-elemental ammo would mess him up severely
Given the strength of Solmetal? I highly doubt those rounds are gonna leave a scratch. Again, even small bits of Solmetal can tank nuclear explosions and Faiz is coated entirely in that stuff

In what way does it immobilize the opponent?
It leaves them incapable of moving while after they’re caught in the field

But we're in agreement that she can use it here?
Yes. But not so much to where it’s a blitz GG easy victory for Ruby

Given the strength of Solmetal? I highly doubt those rounds are gonna leave a scratch. Again, even small bits of Solmetal can tank nuclear explosions and Faiz is coated entirely in that stuff
Ruby's AP is above the durability feat that Solmetal scales to, and thats without taking her bladed and piercing weapons into account.
It leaves them incapable of moving while after they’re caught in the field
But, like, how? Are they just suspended in midair? Restrained? Are people caught in the field prevented from flying away?
Yes. But not so much to where it’s a blitz GG easy victory for Ruby
Again, it literally lets her speedblitz people comparable to herself in speed, and she spams it in-character in combat. It woulnt be an easy victory but its absolutely a major factor for Ruby here.
Actually scratch that. I don’t agree because that ability isn’t on her page
...? What ability are you referring to? Her semblance is absolutely on her page.

Back