• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY vs Ladybug: Battle of The Breakout Heroes

Both are black and red wearing leads from anime inspired western shows that had breakout viral success.

Post-Haven Ruby Rose and Ladybug (Season 3 & Miraculous New York) are used
Ruby = 7-C
Ladybug = High 7-C
Ladybug has Miracle Box (limited to the Miraculous she is sited having used in her optional equipment)
SBA
Speed Equalized
Both are in-character

Little Red: 3 (Spinoirr, MaidRips, FireSwordHero)

Bugaboo:

Actually Anime Shows Up:

5u96fyk.png

VS

Ladybug.%28Character%29.600.3912075.jpg
Ladybug.%28Character%29.600.3955492.jpg

Last edited:
Ok so quick first off analysis, Ladybug takes the edge in AP (37 kilotons vs 29 kilotons), but Ruby has the advantage in range and speed amps. Ladybug has fought a variety of akumas with different powers, but Ladybug's sniping skills are similar to that of desperada who stomped Ladybug and Chat without viperions help, and her speed amps are something Ladybug has never had to work against before. Also ruby is just more skilled in combat compared to Ladybug who is more of a thinker/puzzle solver/tactician than a fighter. I would say ruby takes this, but I need to do a proper analysis first so im gonna come back to it.

Ok so quick first off analysis, Ladybug takes the edge in AP (37 kilotons vs 29 kilotons), but Ruby has the advantage in range and speed amps. Ladybug has fought a variety of akumas with different powers, but Ladybug's sniping skills are similar to that of desperada who stomped Ladybug and Chat without viperions help, and her speed amps are something Ladybug has never had to work against before. Also ruby is just more skilled in combat compared to Ladybug who is more of a thinker/puzzle solver/tactician than a fighter. I would say ruby takes this, but I need to do a proper analysis first so im gonna come back to it.
If it helps any, Ruby oneshots the 29 kilotons grimm she scales to

This match should wait another half a decade 'til Ladybug profile begins to be updated.

If it helps any, Ruby oneshots the 29 kilotons grimm she scales to
S2 Ladybug > Carapace >= Power of Sekmeth Pharaoh >>> S1 Ladybug (& Chat Noir!) = ~37 KT

but Ruby has the advantage in range and speed amps.
Ruby

Range:
Extended Melee Range with Crescent Rose, at least Hundreds of Meters with sniper rifle

Ladybug:

Range:
Standard Melee Range, at least Tens of Kilometers with her Yo-yo, likely far higher (Thomas Astruc stated on Twitter that the length of the Yo-yo is "probably infinite"[3])

Is there something I might be missing here? I might assume this is about effective range and whatever, but Ladybug can definitely target her from hundreds of meters a way if she wants so.

but Ladybug's sniping skills are similar to that of desperada who stomped Ladybug and Chat without viperions help
I don’t know from where the comparisons this would stream of. Desperada legitimately outmaneuvered Ladybug and Aspik over (not exaggerating) 25,000 times on a loop that lasted months without even realizing that time was being rewinded against her to repeat that same moment over and over. I won’t pretend to know Ruby at all, but as far as to targeting somebody goes, Desperada is hard to top, especially because there’s no way in the world you’ll make me believe that Ladybug is, on any conceivable way, an incompetent dodger for the feat to be seen as any sort of trivial.

and her speed amps are something Ladybug has never had to work against before.
Timebreaker.

Anyways, I'll remain neutral for now.

This match should wait another half a decade 'til Ladybug profile begins to be updated.
LMAO TRUE
S2 Ladybug > Carapace >= Power of Sekmeth Pharaoh >>> S1 Ladybug (& Chat Noir!) = ~37 KT
Fair enough, but its not the only factor here. Also as @WeeklyBattles mentioned, Ruby also upscales from the 29 kiloton feat she scales to, so the gap is still quite narrow
Ruby

Range:
Extended Melee Range with Crescent Rose, at least Hundreds of Meters with sniper rifle

Ladybug:

Range:
Standard Melee Range, at least Tens of Kilometers with her Yo-yo, likely far higher (Thomas Astruc stated on Twitter that the length of the Yo-yo is "probably infinite"[3])

Is there something I might be missing here? I might assume this is about effective range and whatever, but Ladybug can definitely target her from hundreds of meters a way if she wants so.
True, Ladybug does technically have the longer range, but its not a concistent range nor is it really an effective combat range. Ladybug could try using the range to tie up Ruby with her yoyo, but the latters semblance makes grabing her very unlikely, much less restraining her for a long period of time.
I don’t know from where the comparisons this would stream of. Desperada legitimately outmaneuvered Ladybug and Aspik over (not exaggerating) 25,000 times on a loop that lasted months without even realizing that time was being rewinded against her to repeat that same moment over and over. I won’t pretend to know Ruby at all, but as far as to targeting somebody goes, Desperada is hard to top, especially because there’s no way in the world you’ll make me believe that Ladybug is, on any conceivable way, an incompetent dodger for the feat to be seen as any sort of trivial.
I brought up Desperada because much like Ruby, she's an effective sniper and basically kept Ladybug hiding behind cover until she could get the help of Aspik and then eventually Viperion, though Desperada is also good at closer ranges as well. And this was also the first time that Desperada appeared as well, so she had managed to take down Ladybug multiple times despite being new with her powers as well as unknowingly going through thousands of variations due to Second Chance.

The reason why I bring Desperada up is that Ruby is like Desperada but with MUCH more mobility. Consider her semblance, which not only gives her a massive speed amp, but also makes her intangible and grants her the ability to FLY with her semblance. Also factor in Ruby's own non semblance acrobatics and you're left with an opponent who can not only match Ladybug's own agility, but also surpass it. And this is not the only factor Ruby has going for her, but I still need to do that full analysis.

UPDATE: Also while im on the topic of intangibility, I should mention that one of the only villains Ladybug faced that actually used Intangibility was Style Queen, who Ladybug could not even harm nor destroy her akuma until she used her Lucky Charm. And style Queen was hardly much of a capable fighter outside of using her powers, so Ruby would basically a hypermobile style queen who not only has actual combat experience with her Scythe and some H2H skill (not that she needs it), but also has a giant Sniper-Rifle/Scythe hybrid.
Timebreaker.
Fair enough, I'll concede that timebreaker does get amps as well, I just think that's Ruby's amps are just better given her more noticeable feats, and its not the only thing Ruby gets with her semblance.

Last edited:
To add to Fire's points above. Its worth noting that since this is Post-Haven Ruby Rose I think she would also have a notable skill gap.
Its been a while since I've gone back and rewatched Ladybug Seasons 1 & 2 but if I remember correctly, most of Ladybug's opponents at this point pretty much all just gained their powers, usually on the same day, and Lady herself has only been active for a short time.
While on the other hand Ruby has been training to fight since she was young, has formal training from a professional monster hunting combat school and has experience fighting Hunters with years to decades of experience combating monsters and over superpowered people like themselves.
While Lady can fight an akumatized Kagami, who is a highly skilled fencer that has been practicing for years, Ruby can at least hold her own to a degree against Cinder who matched Ozpin, a guy Tens of Thousands of years old.

Again its been a while since i've seen Ladybug S1&2 so if someone has some notable skill feats for her that might change this let me know.

Yeah Ladybug is getting mogged here. Her rogues gallery is nowhere near as destructive or as skilled as Ruby's and Lucky Charm requires some brevity for planning which Ruby won't afford her thanks to the speed amp.

Good luck dealing with Ruby's fast, ruthless fighting style that maks her foe have no breathing room with fast slashes mixed with boosting her speed with her gun part of her weapon and semblance

Was gonna make a bigger verdict, but I realised I already gave my answer with the first two messages, so yeah im voting ruby.

Also just one last factor that gives Ruby the edge is literally her Aura. Having an extra forcefield/healthbar that can take a few extra hits means even if Ladybug CAN get any hits in, which is extremly unlikely given Ruby's own semblance, agility, weapon skills and more effective combat range, they literally mean jack since Ruby herself can block them for quite some time. And Ladybug can't bypass said Aura without damaging it directly. So...yeah GG for the bug heroine.

Honestly, the matchup would probably be better if you had used season 3/4 Ladybug and let her had access to the miracle box, because then the matchup would likely be more fair, since at this point its genuinely a skillstomp for ruby with hax that make her near impossible to grab much less hit.

Was gonna make a bigger verdict, but I realised I already gave my answer with the first two messages, so yeah im voting ruby.

Also just one last factor that gives Ruby the edge is literally her Aura. Having an extra forcefield/healthbar that can take a few extra hits means even if Ladybug CAN get any hits in, which is extremly unlikely given Ruby's own semblance, agility, weapon skills and more effective combat range, they literally mean jack since Ruby herself can block them for quite some time. And Ladybug can't bypass said Aura without damaging it directly. So...yeah GG for the bug heroine.
Counted

Its worth noting that if the Aura breaks Ruby can use her semblance.

Honestly, the matchup would probably be better if you had used season 3/4 Ladybug and let her had access to the miracle box, because then the matchup would likely be more fair, since at this point its genuinely a skillstomp for ruby with hax that make her near impossible to grab much less hit.
I hear yea but my concern is that then Lady would have to much of a AP and Hax Advantage while Ruby would only have Skill and Speed amp going for her (I think)

I hear yea but my concern is that then Lady would have to much of a AP and Hax Advantage while Ruby would only have Skill and Speed amp going for her (I think)
Better matchup then we got going now tbh with probably more interesting verdicts. At the moment ruby pretty much takes this in all aspects since Ladybug probably can't even touch her much less harm her. Her semblance may not be a NLF but its pretty damn close to one at this time.

Last edited:
Better matchup then we got going now tbh with probably more interesting verdicts. At the moment ruby pretty much takes this in all aspects since Ladybug probably can't even touch her much less harm her. Her semblance may not be a NLF but its pretty damn close to one at this time.
OK lets give it a shot.

Edit: Ok updated

OK lets give it a shot.

Edit: Ok updated
Ok JUST got that now while I was writing the summary. Definetely tips the scales but I'll do my best to give a fair verdict.

Before that however, here's a brief summary of each character with the new matchup.

NOTE: I just realised that some miraculous powers are probably too powerful for this matchup, such as the Rabbit and Snake, so for the sake of sanity can we please restrict those, please and thanks. It would be OOC of Ladybug to use the Rabbit anyways outside of extreme circumstances anyways.

Ruby Rose:
(+) Technically faster thanks to her semblance, despite speed being equalized.
(+) Untouchable by Ladybug due to semblance.
(+) More effective mobility than Ladybug thanks to Semblance provide speed amps and flight.
(+) More skilled in combat and has actual experience fighting enemies directly.
(+) More effective combat range.
(+) Lightning Dust can paralyse Ladybug.

(=)...Fire and Ice Dust probably isnt effective in hurting her, though the latter could probably flash-freeze her still.
(+) Aura makes any attack Ladybug manages to hit effectively meaningless for some time since it functions as a second health bar.
(+) Can heal said Aura using items.

(+) With enough time, could probably figure out Ladybug's reliance on her earrings.
(+) Would instantly win if Ladybug uses her Lucky Charm and managed to last long enough to wait out the five minute timer.

(+) Is technically similar to Miraculous Ladybug villains that Ladybug struggled with without help or her Lucky Charm.
(-) Is inferior in AP with a 5x difference, even with upscaling from 29 Kilotons and with Gravity Dust Amps.
(-) Aura can be broken if sufficiently damaged, which can also take away her semblance due to it being connected to Aura
(-) Scythe could be pulled away by Ladybug, leaving Ruby at a major disadvantage if its destroyed, though she still has her semblance and does have some skill in hand to hand.
(-) Has no answer to the Lucky Charm...

(+) That being said, she is fast enough to probably take it away from Ladybug or prevent her from summoning it, or being able to come up with a plan.
(*) SHE. DRINKS. MILK.
(*/+) Has the better design by a huge margin, lets be honest.

(*) Actually has a banger soundtrack.
(*/-) Volumes 5 and 6
(*/-) Never got to see how the show could have actually been (RIP Monty Oum, may your legacy never be forgotten)

(IF MIRACLE BOX IS ALLOWED)
(-) Has no answer to some of the Miracle Box's powers.
(+) Though some of the others are either useless or Ruby can work around.
(-) Venom can paralyse her if Ladybug can manage to hit her.
(*)... though Ruby could possibly resist it with her Aura if its active (Im not sure about this one)
(-) Monkey Miraculous's power could shut down her powers if she gets hit, Likely resulting in a instant loss.
(-/*) Fox Miraculous's illusions can affect her, though probably not for long

(+) Can work around Horse Miraculous's portal power with ease.
(+) Ruby can likely take or destroy these Miraculouses once she realises how they work, mostly due to her semblance (AGAIN WITH THE SEMBLANCE)
(+) Ladybug is limited to using most use 3 miraculouses at a time...
(-) Can work around this though by using the Mouse Miraculous however.

Ladybug
(+) Higher AP by a significant Margin (About a 5x difference without Ruby's upscaling or Gravity Dust Amps)
(+) Lucky Charm could probably grant her an item she needs to win.
(+) Pretty smart due to experience with akumas, so she could probably make a plan to take Ruby down.
(+) Ladybug has had experience with opponents with faster speed amps before, such as Timetagger and Style Queen.

(+) Ladybug can pull Ruby's scythe due to Class G lifting strength, and if stolen/destroyed can severely limit Ruby's offensive.
(-) Inferior in overall speed due to Ruby's Semblance
(-) Inferior mobility (at least compared to Ruby's semblance and flight)
(-) Can't hit or touch Ruby when her Semblance is active.
(*/-) SERIOUSLY THAT SEMBLANCE IS HAX ISWEARTOFUCKING-
(-) Despite experience with akumas, is inferior to Ruby when it comes to actual combat experience.
(-) Is technically similar to Miraculous Ladybug villains Style Queen and Desperada, both of which Ladybug struggled with without her Lucky Charm or without help from allies.
(-) Has no way to work around Ruby's Aura outside of brute force, so any hits she can manage make on the Huntress will be negated (for some time at least, Ladybug is technically 5x stronger than her)

(+) ...That being said, Ruby's Semblance is tied to her Aura, so if Ladybug can break it, she would likely win.
(-) ...Ruby can regenerate Aura though thanks to items though.
(-) Ladybug can be paralyzed by Lightning Dust and possibly flash-frozen with Ice Dust.

(+) ...That being said, Ladybug probably wont be hurt by Fire or Ice Dust thanks to her Temperature resistances.
(-) Once Ladybug uses her Lucky Charm, she has 5 minutes to end the fight or she will lose due to detransforming.
(-) Alternatively, if even one of her Miraculous earrings are taken, she also loses.

(*/-) Despite being a fashion designer, she wears the most uninspired outift that is literally the equivalent of a onesie spandex.
(*/-) Spent 4 seasons getting no bitches.
(*/-) Loses to Italian's with plot armour.

(IF MIRACLE BOX IS ALLOWED)
(+) Has a few more hax options thanks to certain miraculouses.
(+) Is less likely to be affected by the 5 minute timer rule by swapping out miraculouses.

(-) ... though others are either useless or Ruby can work around them.
(-) Each power can only be used once, and even though Ladybug can recharge the Kwami's with food, she only carries so much on her at a time.
(-) Can only transform with up to 3 miraculouses at a time without hurting herself...

(+) Though can use the Mouse miraculous to work around that rule through tiny clones.
(+) Monkey and Bee Miraculous's Powers are potential instant-Win conditions...

(-)...though they would have to hit Ruby first (again with the semblance issue.)
(=) Can mess with Ruby with illusions, though Ruby has fought opponents with llusion powers before (Neo and Emerald)
(+) Will ABSOLUTELY oneshot Ruby and her Aura with the Tiger Miraculous power (if she can hit her- aw man...)
(+) Can steal the Scythe with the Dog Miraculous Superpower
(But again the semblance issue...)
(=/-) The Dragon Miraculous grants extra mobility through the transformation power, though it is still overall inferior to Ruby's semblance.
(+) ..It does grant Ladybug intangibility though
(though only once per use of elemental power).
(=) While snake miraculous does grant Ladybug the ability to rewind time, its power isn't as infalliable as it makes it seem as it does have limitations. (I still think it should be restricted though)
(?) while the Bunny Miraculous is overpowered in this fight, Ladybug wouldn't likely use it in a fight as it would be OOC for her to use it unless in dire circumstances, and she wouldn't try and change the past with it. (Also it should be restriced as well please and thanks)

(-) Has generally never used any of the other miraculouses powers outside of the Bee, Fox and Mouse miraculouses, meaning she has no experience with using them though she does know how they work.
(-) The Miraculouses can be stolen, meaning Ruby could steal them and even turn their power back against Ladybug, since Kwami's must follow the orders of whoever holds their miraculous.
(*/-) PIG MIRACULOUS HAHAHA (It does nothing lmao)

Wincons for each character:

RUBY
  • Stealing Ladybug's earrings via semblance
    • Possible due to Semblance allow Ruby to outlast Ladybug's attempts to hit her, giving her time to figure out Ladybug's weaknesses.
  • Waiting out the 5 minute timer (post Lucky Charm)
    • Ladybug can't run away to recharge due to Ruby's Semblance plus her better mobility allowing her to keep up with her.
  • Paralysis via Lightning Dust rounds, leads to the two wincons above.
  • Skill Stomping, leading to the above wincons.
  • Stealing the other miraculouses (MIRACLE BOX ONLY)
    • Will probably notice Ladybug taking them out of the yoyo, allowing her to realise how her powers work and how to beat her, also leading to the first wincon.
LADYBUG
  • Higher AP advantage (can knockout Ruby and her aura if she can hit her enough times)
  • Lucky Charm item, can give her an item that allows her to come up with a plan to win win, or a potential High-5A weapon (though not in character for her to use weapons).
  • Paralysis via Venom (Bee Power) (MIRACLE BOX ONLY)
  • Power Nullification with Uproar (Monkey Power) (MIRACLE BOX ONLY)
  • One Shot via Clout (Tiger Power) (MIRACLE BOX ONLY)
  • using the Pig Miraculous superpow- pffftHAHAHAHA (Im joking lmao) (Also Miracle Box only, but lets be real this means jack)

Last edited:
Thank you for the breakdown Fire.
I pretty much agree with your assessment of the situation. To try and help balance the match i'm letting Ladybug use the Box but limiting her to only the Miraculouses she has used (according to the profile's optional equipment). This will let her keep the Bee but takes away all the overs you (and I) were concerned about, while hopefully still giving her enough to have a proper fight.

Last edited:
That's a lot lol

Two things that should be noted though:

1. This wouldnt be the first time Ruby has fought someone significantly above her in terms of power, but unlike Ladybug, those people were on or above Ruby in terms of skill, and Ruby having bladed and piercing weapons should help close that gap just a touch.

2. Ruby does not know that Ladybug doesnt have Aura. A huge part of the RWBY combat system is that every human has Aura protecting them, allowing the cast to use live ammunition and bladed weapons and fight full force without instantly killing each other despite being trained first and foremost to kill. Ladybug does not have Aura and Ruby doesnt know she doesnt, meaning theres a good chance Ladybug could just be killed or at the very least maimed in the first few attacks as Ruby would be going for killing blows from the get go assuming her opponent will survive them.

That's a lot lol
I was on a caffeine rush lmao
Two things that should be noted though:

1. This wouldnt be the first time Ruby has fought someone significantly above her in terms of power, but unlike Ladybug, those people were on or above Ruby in terms of skill, and Ruby having bladed and piercing weapons should help close that gap just a touch.

2. Ruby does not know that Ladybug doesnt have Aura. A huge part of the RWBY combat system is that every human has Aura protecting them, allowing the cast to use live ammunition and bladed weapons and fight full force without instantly killing each other despite being trained first and foremost to kill. Ladybug does not have Aura and Ruby doesnt know she doesnt, meaning theres a good chance Ladybug could just be killed or at the very least maimed in the first few attacks as Ruby would be going for killing blows from the get go assuming her opponent will survive them.
I agree with the first point, but I would think Ruby would soon realize that Ladybug doesn't have an Aura and so probably wouldn't try and go for the kill. That being said, the AP and durability difference between the two means that Ruby would probably be less hesitant to go all out than she normally would, or possibly even fool her into thinking Ladybug does have an Aura. Either way, I don't think this full affects the verdict as Ruby's winconditions more or less involve going for Ladybug's weakness, in this case hear earrings and her timer, and using her arsenal to reach one of the two wincons. It also doesn't help Ladybug that even with the Miracle Box, the miraculouses CAN be stolen and/or used against her if ruby comes to that realization.

Back