• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

B.B. Hood VS Ruby Rose

Rule:
1. B.B Hood is Low 7-B while Ruby Rose is in her Atlas key (Low 7-B, higher with Gravity Dust).
2. Speed is equalized.
3. SBA.

Vote:
B.B. Hood: 0
Ruby Rose: 0
Inconclusive: 0

Last edited:
-... .-.-.- -... / .... --- --- -.. / .. ... / .-.. --- .-- / --... -....- -... / -.-- --- ..- / -.. --- -. -.- . -.--

Lel. Anyways, anybody knows BB Hood AP value? I know that Ruby scales to baseline Low 7-B, but this might be wrong, so take my words with a grain of salt.

The accepted version of Anakaris's feat is 1.67 megatons, so not much above baseline.

so what does BB do?
Kills

In all seriousness, she does whatever she can to murder her target no matter the cruelty or the dirty tactic. Due to SBA they would start some hundreds of meters apart or so and in Central Park. Not exactly a thicket, but BB might still want to employ some stealth tactic.
In case of direct approach, she's the kind of person that plays fool and stabs you the moment you lower your guard or take her less seriously than you should, her Social Influencing description goes more in detail about it.
Other than that, she kinda uses all her weapons and techniques in the best way she can.

Considering BB's social influencing, how many times do you think she can get away with attacking or missing attacks on Ruby before the latter catches on to her act?

Technically Ruby should be significantly above that given her sizable power boost at the end of volume 9 but meh, that's not on the profile yet

Well it's in your Atlas key and not the volume 9 key... Well unless BB Hood has a massive ability advantage, Ruby kind of one-shots through fire dust, ice, and electricity.

Well it's in your Atlas key and not the volume 9 key... Well unless BB Hood has a massive ability advantage, Ruby kind of one-shots through fire dust, ice, and electricity.
Eeeeh she doesnt exactly oneshot but those are pretty big advantages for her. That and her Aura and semblance

But yeah, aside from the minuscule ap difference and the lifting strength difference, Ruby kinda just has the advantage in basically every category. I can repost the skill list if need be but anyone whose been on a rwby thread in the past year should have seen it by now

In an alternate universe Ruby shows BB how to kinder, BB shows ruby how to stand up for herself more, and they both nerd out over their obsession with weaponry

How likely is B.B. to catch onto Rubys reliance on Cresent Rose? While Ruby would likely catch on eventually, she'd still be fooled by SI early on and disarming her would be a solid win con for Hood.

B.B. admittedly doesn't have the best poker face. Occasionally, she will let slip a glance at her terror faces, which are notable during combat, and she would be quick to activate her Semblance at the look of something off.

Can't help but fell that should be on her weakness section.
Yeah. The thing about B.B. Hood is that despite her best efforts to look innocent, she is very prone to slasher smiles and there's a very distinct white-eyed expression that slips out a lot, especially when she goes in for the kill. The attacks she usually uses first leave it very clear that she's a bad guy. One attack and the facade is broken. Ex: Firing an actual missile out of her picnic basket, giving her opponent a bomb, attacking her with her basket. Considering Ruby's senses are already sharp, it'll only take one wrong move for her SI advantage to break, and that's something B.B. Hood is all too willing to do for the sake of her bloodlust. Bonnie may be good, but she's no Neo.

Her stare alone is said to fill lower ranking Darkstalkers with fear
I mean, the fear aspect would still be present. But yeah, i get what you mean.

Anyways, anyone know how skilled B.B. is? I at least wanna know the difference before going Ruby fra.

Can't help but fell that should be on her weakness section.
It's not something that has canonically hindered her or anything, it's more like a situational limit of her ability, but that can apply to everything.

Aside from that, yes, her facade can fall quickly, even though I must say that her constant playing dumb and hidden weapons could still let her pull a trick or two.

Anyways, anyone know how skilled B.B. is? I at least wanna know the difference before going Ruby frfra.
Her intelligence section contains everything the lore says about her.

Arguably the best Darkhunter of the entire world, in spite of her young age. Is an expert in using with many types of cold weapons, firearms and explosives. Holds her job in high regard and performs daily a series of activities to keep and increase her efficiency, such as interchanging with other hunters, obtaining weapons and first class materials, researching new gunpowder mixes for mines, maintaining portable weapons at home, training and retrieving informations on her targets. An example of her skill is her ability to shoot at 50 targets while performing a 100m dash, which is considered a basic exercise. She also tests her skills by competing in the "Dark Hunting Gran Pix", a hunting tournament held twice a year. Is perfectly aware that her innocent appearance can be used to deceive others, and knows several ways to take advantage of it
The highlighted parts seem to be her best skill feats. Also,
How likely is B.B. to catch onto Rubys reliance on Cresent Rose? While Ruby would likely catch on eventually, she'd still be fooled by SI early on and disarming her would be a solid win con for Hood.
Can i get an answer to the non SI part of this?

I don’t think it’d be incredibly obvious that she’s reliant on it in particular. Not to the point where she would consider it a tactic to use.

Eeeeh she doesnt exactly oneshot but those are pretty big advantages for her. That and her Aura and semblance
I mean BB Hood doesn't have any resistance in its profile to protect against electricity and temperature manipulation.

But if it's not a stomp I vote for Ruby

Back