• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Little Red Riding Hood - Inui Takumi vs Ruby Rose

I'm still not seeing how Aura resists deconstruction.

I mean...yeah? It kinda does just let her do that, especially seeing as Fair iz weaker than her normally, Vajin will be slightly stronger but Aura has let 8-As take hits from Low 7-Bs on multiple occasions. Plus Vajin wont be much of a problem given Ruby has multiple means of countering it pretty easily.
Aura hasn’t let Ruby do that to all and any projectiles at all times though. If that were the case, a lot of fights in RWBY wouldn’t be threats for her. Aura can be used for defensive measures but it’s not a constant thing that’s always making her stone wall every single attack that could harm or kill her. And while she can avoid the attacks, she has to deal with that and Faiz’s attacks….I doubt she’s gonna brush those off

Like seriously, I can’t recall a single time in RWBY she’s just strolled along while projectiles bounce off her carelessly via Aura

Again, jut because you can PERCEIVE something does not mean you can physically REACT to it. He is not physically fast enough.
If that were the case, that form of perception manip would be useless on the wiki

I mean, the fact that it would just phase through it kinda makes whether or not it resists it irrelevant lol
And that’s gonna be a problem for her Aura. Takumi needs one shot and she’s out

Last edited:
as much as i hate to say it

i have to vote for Faiz for Lonkitt reasons

while Ruby has her advantages, Faiz ones are more problematic and let him achive victory easier than Ruby, like his companion robot, the field control, the percepetion and the dura neg attacks

Aura hasn’t let Ruby do that to all and any projectiles at all times though. If that were the case, a lot of fights in RWBY wouldn’t be threats for her. Aura can be used for defensive measures but it’s not a constant thing that’s always making her stone wall every single attack that could harm or kill her. And while she can avoid the attacks, she has to deal with that and Faiz’s attacks….I doubt she’s gonna brush those off
It literally has yes, it is a passive full-body forcefield that blocks all attacks until it breaks. The entire point of Aura existing is to make it so that attacks that would kill her dont even hurt her. Faiz is weaker than her, she will be able to brush off the majority of his attacks.
If that were the case, that form of perception manip would be useless on the wiki
It kinda is yes

It literally has yes, it is a passive full-body forcefield that blocks all attacks until it breaks. The entire point of Aura existing is to make it so that attacks that would kill her dont even hurt her. Faiz is weaker than her, she will be able to brush off the majority of his attacks.
Proof that it’s pretty much let her stone wall projectiles effortlessly in all of her battles? Even still, that’s not gonna help her against Faiz’s projectiles given what I covered above. Plus with Faiz’s battlefield control, she’s even more vulernable

It kinda is yes
It kinda isn’t lol

Proof that it’s pretty much let her stone wall projectiles effortlessly in all of her battles? Even still, that’s not gonna help her against Faiz’s projectiles given what I covered above. Plus with Faiz’s battlefield control, she’s even more vulernable
Its literally on her profile as well as the ability page for Aura lol
It kinda isn’t lol
It is yes. His perception speed does not make him move faster. Ruby will still be blitzing the hell out of him.

Its literally on her profile as well as the ability page for Aura lol
I’m not saying she doesn’t have the ability. I’m saying provide proof that Aura in fights has let her effortlessly stone wall attacks and keep trucking. And again, that’s not gonna do anything against phasing
It is yes. His perception speed does not make him move faster. Ruby will still be blitzing the hell out of him.
Blitzing the hell out of him….? Debatable given what she’s gonna have to be dealing with. This isn’t me saying she can’t get a speed advantage, just that this isn’t an easy blitz GG. And again, no it’s not. I recommend you look into how perception manip works because the type Faiz is using will literally allow him to react faster to Ruby’s attacks. And again, paired with his enhanced senses, he’s gonna see her coming from a mile away (literally). Something Ruby won’t be anticipating

I’d like to stop repeating myself here

I’m not saying she doesn’t have the ability. I’m saying provide proof that Aura in fights has let her effortlessly stone wall attacks and keep trucking. And again, that’s not gonna do anything against phasing
I mean, look at quite literally any fight in the series. Any hit that any character takes is absorbed by their aura.
Blitzing the hell out of him….? Debatable given what she’s gonna have to be dealing with. And again, no it’s not. I recommend you look into how perception manip works because the type Faiz is using will literally allow him to react faster to Ruby’s attacks. And again, paired with his enhanced senses, he’s gonna see her coming from a mile away (literally). Something Ruby won’t be anticipating
My guy youe going to need to make a CRT for that then, because there is nothing on his profile that implies that his vision makes him move faster.

I mean, look at quite literally any fight in the series. Any hit that any character takes is absorbed by their aura.
I’ve watched a lot of RWBY….not once do I recall Ruby sponging attacks as easily as you’re implying

My guy youe going to need to make a CRT for that then, because there is nothing on his profile that implies that his vision makes him move faster.
…This is literally an ability that is on several profiles. This ain’t even a Kamen Rider specific thing. Perception Manip for several pages has allowed people to react faster. This variant of it, at least. If you wanna go with the CRT logic too, might I remind you that Ruby’s page needs to have her Super Speed changed to a proper speed amp

I’ve watched a lot of RWBY….not once do I recall Ruby sponging attacks as easily as you’re implying
You should watch more of it then, because not only is that something that quite literally every character in the entire series does thanksto their aura, but its confirmed by Word of God and backed up by the guidebook that thats how Aura works
…This is literally an ability that is on several profiles. This ain’t even a Kamen Rider specific thing. Perception Manip for several pages has allowed people to react faster. This variant of it, at least. If you wanna go with the CRT logic too, might I remind you that Ruby’s page needs to have her Super Speed changed to a proper speed amp
No. It doesnt. Perception speed and reaction speed are different things. Two wrongs dont make a right, if other profiles have this logic then they should be changed too because that is not how it works.

Perception Speed​

The timeframe it takes for a character to notice an event or reaction. But crucially, this does not grant any movement; at most, it allows the user to activate a thought-based ability.

You should watch more of it then
I am not watching RWBY/DC
No. It doesnt. Perception speed and reaction speed are different things. Two wrongs dont make a right, if other profiles have this logic then they should be changed too because that is not how it works.

Perception Speed​

The timeframe it takes for a character to notice an event or reaction. But crucially, this does not grant any movement; at most, it allows the user to activate a thought-based ability.
I'm not arguing that he's gonna be able to move around at similar speeds as Ruby with this ability, but he will be able to meaningfully react using this ability in battle

Shame, its not bad and its canon
Impossible, Warner can't make good decisions with RWBY

Perception doesnt grant reactions, only thought and vision
I know, but he is capable of using thought-based abilities in that way, meaning it actually is effective in this specific battle. And while perception manip doesn't always allow one to react faster, it still grants one the chance to react at their normal speed sooner than they would initially, should they choose to

Last edited:
I know, but he is capable of using thought-based abilities in that way, meaning it actually is effective in this specific battle. And while perception manip doesn't always allow one to react faster, it still grants one the chance to react at their normal speed sooner than they would initially, should they choose to
Thought based abilities sure but he wouldnt be able to physically avoid Ruby blitzing him

Honestly i can see this being incon, it all depends entirely on who does what first, either Ruby blitzes him and kills him with a bullet to the head or he gravity fields and dura negs

He would, yes, just because he can see it coming does not mean he is physically fast enough to avoid it
But he can avoid it nonetheless
Honestly i can see this being incon, it all depends entirely on who does what first, either Ruby blitzes him and kills him with a bullet to the head or he gravity fields and dura negs
Ruby wouldn’t be one-shotting though….? I know what you’ve said, piercing and all that, but due to how both heavily upscale their respective feats, regardless of who you argue has the AP advantage, Ruby wouldn’t one-shot

But he can avoid it nonetheless
How? He cant react to it.
Ruby wouldn’t be one-shotting though….? I know what you’ve said, piercing and all that, but due to how both heavily upscale their respective feats, regardless of who you argue has the AP advantage, Ruby wouldn’t one-shot
She would, yes. Ruby's punches are stronger than Faiz's durability. Her bullets would be several times that due to being piercing attacks. This is how piercing attacks work

How? He cant react to it.
I've gone over it already. His perception manip and great enhanced senses will at the very least allow him to react sooner (not faster. Sooner), as well as call upon the thought-based support. He's not an immobile target
She would, yes. Ruby's punches are stronger than Faiz's durability. Her bullets would be several times that due to being piercing attacks. This is how piercing attacks work
We're gonna have to agree to disagree there because based on how just the smallest traces of Solmetal (literally tiny bits that make up as much as small objects as his belt) can survive nuclear explosions when Faiz's entire armour is made out of it? I don't even think piercing damage will put him down with a one tap

I've gone over it already. His perception manip and great enhanced senses will at the very least allow him to react sooner (not faster. Sooner), as well as call upon the thought-based support. He's not an immobile target
Neither of those will help him avoid Ruby blitzing him. He will be effectively stationary compared to Ruby's semblance.
We're gonna have to agree to disagree there because based on how just the smallest traces of Solmetal (literally tiny bits that make up as much as small objects as his belt) can survive nuclear explosions when Faiz's entire armour is made out of it? I don't even think piercing damage will put him down with a one tap
A tiny bit of solmetal being able to survive an atomic bomb does not mean that it can withstand the piercing attacks of someone who can oneshot stuff much stronger than an atomic bomb with just their bare hands.

Atomic Bomb (21 kilotons) < Solmetal scrap < Solmetal armor =< Ruby's blunt attacks (Oneshot 29 kilotons) <<<<<<<<<<<<<< Ruby's bullets and scythe

Neither of those will help him avoid Ruby blitzing him. He will be effectively stationary compared to Ruby's semblance.
No, he won't. Again you're very much downplaying both of these capabilities as well as the fact that he can still perform though-based actions, which like I said, actually does have relevance to this battle with things such as the Auto Vajin (and even then he doesn't even have to think to call that in, it often helps him regardless of his thoughts). If he really can't do absolutely anything at all, you're painting this as a stomp, which I find to be very much not the case as he can in fact act on this. We also know this isn't a stomp given Ruby can't do anything against projectiles and attacks that are gonna be negating her durability (Aura included), as well as an ability that leaves her wide open for the kill

A tiny bit of solmetal being able to survive an atomic bomb does not mean that it can withstand the piercing attacks of someone who can oneshot stuff much stronger than an atomic bomb with just their bare hands.

Atomic Bomb (21 kilotons) < Solmetal scrap < Solmetal armor =< Ruby's blunt attacks (Oneshot 29 kilotons) <<<<<<<<<<<<<< Ruby's bullets and scythe
The degree at which the Solmetal armour upscales the scrap is far higher than you're making it out to be. I find it very odd how you think the piercing damage compared to Ruby's blunt attacks is far higher than an entire armour compared to an itty bitty scrap

Also if Ruby's piercing damage is really as high as you say it is compared to her blunt AP, I think that should be edited into her profile. I know technically its a "logic" thing that piercing attacks do more damage that physical blows, but we have a lot of gun and blade users on the wiki

No, he won't. Again you're very much downplaying both of these capabilities as well as the fact that he can still perform though-based actions, which like I said, actually does have relevance to this battle with things such as the Auto Vajin (and even then he doesn't even have to think to call that in, it often helps him regardless of his thoughts). If he really can't do absolutely anything at all, you're painting this as a stomp, which I find to be very much not the case as he can in fact act on this. We also know this isn't a stomp given Ruby can't do anything against projectiles and attacks that are gonna negating her durability, as well as an ability that leaves her wide open for the kill
Ruby can easily avoid projectiles in her semblance state, to the point of being able to break herself into multiple clouds of molecules to avoid attacks. At this point imma just say make a CRT for it, because his profile does not refelct the ability to be able to physically react to someone who is blitzing you to the point that you are imperceptible to them and they are physically motionless to you.
The degree at which the Solmetal armour upscales the scrap is far higher than you're making it out to be. I find it very odd how you think the piercing damage compared to Ruby's blunt attacks is far higher than an entire armour compared to an itty bitty scrap
Yes, because piercing damage is significantly higher than blunt damage. Just because there is more of the metal does not mean it is significantly more durable.

Ruby can easily avoid projectiles in her semblance state, to the point of being able to break herself into multiple clouds of molecules to avoid attacks. At this point imma just say make a CRT for it, because his profile does not refelct the ability to be able to physically react to someone who is blitzing you to the point that you are imperceptible to them and they are physically motionless to you.
The intention isn't even vague? Its enhancing his perception immensely. Like I have a Faiz CRT coming up anyways, but I really think you're underplaying an ability that isn't too vague. Though these are projectiles that are faster than her natural speed and would still be faster than her amped speed. Not that she can't dodge them. Just saying
Yes, because piercing damage is significantly higher than blunt damage. Just because there is more of the metal does not mean it is significantly more durable.
In this case, it kinda does. Because we're taking about tiny piece compared to a greater amount put together, with Faiz scaling to guys who can actually harm him, whereas itty bitty pieces can't even be damaged by nuclear bombs

The intention isn't even vague? Its enhancing his perception immensely. Like I have a Faiz CRT coming up anyways, but I really think you're underplaying an ability that isn't too vague. Though these are projectiles that are faster than her natural speed and would still be faster than her amped speed. Not that she can't dodge them. Just saying
Ruby's natural speed without the use of her semblance comes from dodging SoL attacks. With her semblance active, she is fast enough to be imperceptible to people who have the same feat and those same people are motionless to her.
In this case, it kinda does. Because we're taking about tiny piece compared to a greater amount put together, with Faiz scaling to guys who can actually harm him, whereas itty bitty pieces can't even be damaged by nuclear bombs
It really doesnt because its the same material, just more of it. We can go back and forth on this all you like but the fact that Ruby with her non-bladed and non-piercing attacks is able to oneshot something with a higher AP and Dura rating than Faiz's armor means her bullets and scythe will royally mess him up

Ruby's natural speed without the use of her semblance comes from dodging SoL attacks
I never denied she could dodge SoL projectiles, in fact I acknowledged it. Still bringing up how the projectiles are viable wincons

It really doesnt because its the same material, just more of it. We can go back and forth on this all you like but the fact that Ruby with her non-bladed and non-piercing attacks is able to oneshot something with a higher AP and Dura rating than Faiz's armor means her bullets and scythe will royally mess him up
Again, we’ll have to agree to disagree and stick with our stances on how this match plays out

Plus I don’t wanna derail this into a discussion about the differences in durability via the amount of a material used

Although it differs part by part, Faiz’s suit is not just solmetal expanded, it’s layered.
IMG_1958.png

IMG_1959.png

Generally it has many layers with shock absorbers in between.

Also, Cresent Rose could possibly get melted by Faiz Edge’s laser heat.

Although it differs part by part, Faiz’s suit is not just solmetal expanded, it’s layered.
IMG_1958.png

IMG_1959.png

Generally it has many layers with shock absorbers in between.

Also, Cresent Rose could possibly get melted by Faiz Edge’s laser heat.
How so? It is coated in aura that protects it from heat upwards of the temperature of lightning

How so? It is coated in aura that protects it from heat upwards of the temperature of lightning
I see. Reason why I said possibly is because there's an argument that Faiz Edge's heat could surpass the heat of an atomic bomb by ripping through Psyga's armor, which is made by Lunarmetal, a metal that is at least 2 times stronger than Solmetal. The argument is not proposed in the wiki yet so for now, Faiz's heat is just "really hot".

Last edited:
I see. Reason why I said possibly is because there's an argument that Faiz Edge's heat could surpass the heat of an atomic bomb by ripping through Psyga's armor, which is made by Lunarmetal, a metal that is at least 2 times stronger than Solmetal. The argument is not proposed in the wiki yet so for now, Faiz's heat is just "really hot".
Maybe the movie in next year will tell us
Like seriously, now he get an actual smartphone, the metal and heat components will be way brutal than before

Back