• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Link VS. Dante 2: Low-Godly Boogaloo (12 - 1 - 4)

Tony di bugalu said:
Being Demon /=/ evil tho
Actually, Japanese Zelda constantly calls the Master Seems the "Blade of Demons' Bane" more often than the blade of evil's bane. I can give scans if you want.

Dante being only half Demon doesn't change much as the Master Sword reacts to Guardians, which are robots with just Ganon's malice. In fact, Link would be aware that Dante is a (half) demon even before Fi tells him because the Master Sword will react to him. At that point, Link does what he always does against powerful demons (He would be able to understand that Dante's strong thanks to the Champion's tunic), and uses the Master Sword to seal him or something else that would be more effective according to Fi.

It's also quite funny that if Link just threw the Master Sword to Dante and he catches it, he gets haxed to oblivion as the Master Sword has almost shown more hax against Link trying to take it than against Ganon lol. Dante would get purified, physically attacked, his soul sealed, his life force absorbed and magic nulled

Actually, is Dante's sealing magic based? Because if yes, Link should be able to null it with the Master Sword.

I know it's 100% OoC (Unless Fi tells him to do it for whatever reason), but what would happen if Link gave Dante all of his gratitude crystals and made Dante fully human?

I'm voting for Incon FRA both characters have an absurd amount of hax, counter hax, resists etc to the point there won't be a definitive winner imo.

Alcuard (Castlevania), Dante (DMC), Composite Link (LoZ) etc are the kind of characters that are, shall we say "over-prepared" for almost anything lol.

The Axiom of Virgo said:
I'm voting for Incon FRA both characters have an absurd amount of hax, counter hax, resists etc to the point there won't be a definitive winner imo.
Alcuard (Castlevania), Dante (DMC), Composite Link (LoZ) etc are the kind of characters that are, shall we say "over-prepared" for almost anything lol.
I really wish Link and Alucard could fight, but Alucard would stomp due to AP...

Yeah, I'll go with Inconclusive FRA here aswell, seems to be the best bet for this fight

Also, how about Kratos vs Link tho ?

Dante Demon Killah said:
Yeah, I'll go with Inconclusive FRA here aswell, seems to be the best bet for this fight
Also, how about Kratos vs Link tho ?
Link is beating Kratos in that thread.

Dienomite22 said:
Something being from a minigame doesn't prove anything especially when gameplay is inherently noncanon

Do you want me to provide a scene from DMC5? Or the WoG?
That's not what I said whatsoever. Firstly majora's mask entire appeal is the sidequest, this is a canon sidequest you need to do to complete the bomber's notebook, and the mini-game can only be done either: A. You have a stopwatch irl, which is clearly non-canon. B. You have the bunny hood's mask.

Either or and it needs to be an enemy that Dante has literally no ties too.

Anywawys sticking with my vote. Link thought base wish grants and Dante legit has no feasible way I've been given that he does in-char that can stop him since attacking Link isn't going to do anything and by the time he thinks to seal, the wish has already taken place.

GiverOfThePeace said:
That's not what I said whatsoever. Firstly majora's mask entire appeal is the sidequest, this is a canon sidequest you need to do to complete the bomber's notebook, and the mini-game can only be done either: A. You have a stopwatch irl, which is clearly non-canon. B. You have the bunny hood's mask.

Either or and it needs to be an enemy that Dante has literally no ties too.
I don't care if as side mission is canon or not. The gameplay part is what isn't, which is what I'm saying.

Then take Cal's word for it or look up anything DMC 2 or 5 related. (and Everything in DMC2 had no tie to Dante and he literally didn't care for any enemy nor harbored special hatred towards them in that game despite his serious behavior being prevelent)

Also, the one Dante's fight with Chen in the DMC2 novel is another example of him being serious against someone who isn't tied to him

Dienomite22 said:
I don't care if as side mission is canon or not. The gameplay part is what isn't, which is what I'm saying.

Then take Cal's word for it or look up anything DMC 2 or 5 related. (and Everything in DMC2 had no tie to Dante and he literally didn't care for any enemy nor harbored special hatred towards them in that game despite his serious behavior being prevelent)

Also, the one Dante's fight with Chen in the DMC2 novel is another example of him being serious against someone who isn't tied to him
Gameplay part is canon as it's what the side mission correlates around and works in real time.

Not my job to do.

For the record, I see no reason to vote Dante in good faith, considering Link can become comparable or superior in speed, and by dodging he has more than enough time to pull any of his many hax

he's not, people are just voting incon because they still think Dante can somehow exhaust enough fo his options to go for the ONE hax that works

GiverOfThePeace said:
Gameplay part is canon as it's what the side mission correlates around and works in real time.

Not my job to do.
Yea, no. Gameplay isn't considered canon on this wiki with a few rare exceptions or explicit proof.

K, then you will just have to deny it then (despite Cal agreeing and it being common knowledge)

ZephyrosOmega said:
For the record, I see no reason to vote Dante in good faith, considering Link can become comparable or superior in speed, and by dodging he has more than enough time to pull any of his many hax
You fail to understand that Link doesn't have a known starting route (Glass's points about "wish gg" with Triforce not being used was ignored or conceded) and Link has to perform multiple actions like eating, putting on boots, hats etc to even become somewhat comparable to Dante in speed meanwhile Dante just instantly uses DT.

ZephyrosOmega said:
he's not, people are just voting incon because they still think Dante can somehow exhaust enough fo his options to go for the ONE hax that works
Nobody has ever argued this

Dienomite22 said:
ZephyrosOmega said:
You fail to understand that Link doesn't have a known starting route (Glass's points about "wish gg" with Triforce not being used was ignored or conceded) and Link has to perform multiple actions like eating, putting on boots, hats etc to even become somewhat comparable to Dante in speed meanwhile Dante just instantly uses DT.
Glass' points were just straight up debunked. Like has been said in the thread, if Link HAS the triforce, he has always used it. "No starting route lol" Is inherently unusable. Glass tried to claim that link wouldn't use it because he didn't always use it to wish away enemies, but Link was never in a position where he had to. In a position where he had to, he did. Why would anything change here?

ZephyrosOmega said:
Glass' points were just straight up debunked. Like has been said in the thread, if Link HAS the triforce, he has always used it. "No starting route lol" Is inherently unusable. Glass tried to claim that link wouldn't use it because he didn't always use it to wish away enemies, but Link was never in a position where he had to. In a position where he had to, he did. Why would anything change here?
Glass already addressed that. It was one time he used it offensively and 1 incarnation of Link. Being in a position where he didn't need to isn't a point unless Link has a version of himself that just kills anything he doesn't like or is unfamiliar with with the Triforce.

Ok so I want you to think rq about something as paradoxical as comp Link.

Ganon merely touching the triforce 'immedieatly 'got his wish granted.

Link in ALTTP touching it immedieatly got his wish granted.

Cause the triforce bases the wish off what you're thinking, under SBA Link is thinking "i wanna kill dante" while touching the triforce.

This is nigh-passive if it didn't require thought.

Dienomite22 said:
Glass already addressed that. It was one time he used it offensively and 1 incarnation of Link. Being in a position where he didn't need to isn't a point unless Link has a version of himself that just kills anything he doesn't like or is unfamiliar with with the Triforce.
Why does that change anything? That's one of the Link's that is willing to kill, you want to know the reason the other Links don't use it offensively? A. They don't have it. B. The threat is already gone.

Dienomite22 said:
ZephyrosOmega said:
What point are you even trying to make? Link only NEEDED to use it offensively once. That means he can and has used it offensively. Under Standard Battle Assumptions: In character, but willing to kill. The characters will employ their usual battle strategies, including flaws such as being casual, however, must be willing to kill the opponent even if they usually won't.

Link is willing to kill. He has the method to do so. He has used it in the past.

Dienomite22 said:
@GiverOfThePeace
SBA is willing to kill but in character.Not I wanna kill.
So he has killing intent, circling right back to my point "i wanna kill this guy" and that's how Link thinks in-char irregardless.

So the only way I see him disarming Link (cause there's no ******* way he's that more skilled then Comp Link's bare min 300+ years of expereience himself and fighting a demon King whose reached well over that) is grabbing the master sword from him, which will immedieatly life absorb and seal his spirit if he does that.

TriforcePower1 said:
What even is Dante's wincon? Sealing?
If that's magic-based, it gets nulled by the Master Sword.
It's not magic.Demonic power is different from magic in DMC but go hand and hand sometimes

It's not magic.Demonic power is different from magic in DMC but go hand and hand sometimes

That's even worse given that the Master Sword can also null that (as shown when you get the Master Sword in TP)

@TriforcePower1

Demonic energy is considered seperate from magic in LoZ then I think it will work and make this a stomp but if it isn't then Dante bypasses

He got the triforce then thought about killling Demise. So the second he got the full triforce he used it's wish granting. Demise survives in the future cause acausality and then he fights Demise in a final battle, which by that point he no longer has the triforce.

Back