• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Link VS. Dante 2: Low-Godly Boogaloo (12 - 1 - 4)

GiverOfThePeace said:
They're dissapearing off screen because Link can't accurately react. Bunny Hood can. The 3rd link it doesn't dissapear because he's wearing the Bunny Hood mask which allows him to accurately react.
Ok so I wasn't misunderstanding anything, how does a timer appearing translate to 25x speed boost? Because the speed for the side quest is the exact same with or without the BH and it's just that the BH keeps the timer open.

Because Link literally can't react to the timer in base? It literally dissapears for him because he can't accurately react. That's the entire point of the bunny hood.

Is there actual guidebooks that say the bunny hood makes him 25X faster? Cause 10X speed with DT is from one of the guidebooks that describe Devil Trigger

GiverOfThePeace said:
Because Link literally can't react to the timer in base? It literally dissapears for him because he can't accurately react. That's the entire point of the bunny hood.
He's not reacting to the timer he's reacting to his mental count accuracy. The goal is to stop at exactly 10 seconds by counting in your mind, which is possible in even real life and possible in game without the BH but the BH only allows the timer to stay. I don't see how this is a speed boost.

Oh boi.

The game literally considers it a speed feat and requires the one item meant to boost your speed in order to do it. Occam's razor, I'm not continuing this point ad naeseum.

It's possible without the bunny hood through outside means if you're unironically about to argue using that then I don't think this discussion needs to continue and I'm simply labeling burden of rejoinder on this point.

GiverOfThePeace said:
Oh boi.
The game literally considers it a speed feat and requires the one item meant to boost your speed in order to do it. Occam's razor, I'm not continuing this point ad naeseum.

It's possible without the bunny hood through outside means if you're unironically about to argue using that then I don't think this discussion needs to continue and I'm simply labeling burden of rejoinder on this point.
The game considers Link stopping at exactly 10 secs a reflex feat and it outright doesn't require the BH in order to perform it, you provided the links that proves that.

GiverOfThePeace said:
The.link.I.provided.used.outside.help.to.do.it.which.isn't.canon. Jesus christ.
You don't need an irl clock to perform it either. The quest tells you what to do and you don't need to use the BH to do it.

You literally do. The quest tells you to hit exactly 10, which is impossible to do due to the timer going missing. BH is canonically a requirement to do the mission. Otherwise you're using outside stuff. You merely claiming "you don't need to do this" doesn't debunk anything, I'm legit tired of repeating the same argument over and over. Occam's razor supports my point.

You somehow got a 25x overall speed boost from a clock going missing (said clock isn't even real in verse) and an Item that allowed said clock to not got missing despite the quest simply being "stop the timer at exact 10 secs" with said quest not needing the item to complete it.

Ok.I'll just disagree

Dienomite22 said:
You somehow got a 25x overall speed boost from a clock going missing (said clock isn't even real in verse) and an Item that allowed said clock to not got missing despite the quest simply being "stop the timer at exact 10 secs" with said quest not needing the item to complete it.
Oh my lord. I explained to you why the clock goes missing, I explained to why bunny hood gets the clock back and I explained to you why it's considered speed. Occam's razor supports my point.

GiverOfThePeace said:
Oh my lord. I explained to you why the clock goes missing, I explained to why bunny hood gets the clock back and I explained to you why it's considered speed. Occam's razor supports my point.
You're explanation comes from "Link being able to see a clock" even though said clock is just a pop up on the screen and isn't real even within the logic of the quest.

I mean, of course they wouldn't in game, because mechanics exist, but without them, things just don't stop working due to that. If Link already ate one, without game mechanics, eating another isn't going to do nothing, because that's not how doses and multipliers work

@GiverOfThePeace

ad nauseum sure but you need it, occam's razor doesn't agree with you here. You're getting 25x speed boost based on a non canon timer and ignoring the whole goal of the quest which is to mentally count to 10 secs exactly which means have the reflex of a post man, it's a timing minigame. The meaning of Bunny Hood showing you the timer is because you're faster than normal yea but by an unknowable amount.There was no intent for the BH to be a 25x speed boost whatsoever and to think that you would have ignore the goal of the quest and apply your personal reasoning as to why Link can suddenly see a non canon mental clock in his head that would help him stop at 10 secs on the dot.

The real cal howard said:
I mean, of course they wouldn't in game, because mechanics exist, but without them, things just don't stop working due to that. If Link already ate one, without game mechanics, eating another isn't going to do nothing, because that's not how doses and multipliers work
We don't know how it works, it could just boost the duration or whatever or another property of the seed we aren't aware of. Otherwise I can say Dante can stack Untouchables and have x amount of invulnerability or stack Smell of Fear and have x amount of intangibilities because using more than 1 wouldn't do anything logically but that's not how that works

Dienomite22 said:
@GiverOfThePeace
ad nauseum sure but you need it, occam's razor doesn't agree with you here. You're getting 25x speed boost based on a non canon timer and ignoring the whole goal of the quest which is to mentally count to 10 secs exactly which means have the reflex of a post man, it's a timing minigame. The meaning of Bunny Hood showing you the timer is because you're faster than normal yea but by an unknowable amount.There was no intent for the BH to be a 25x speed boost whatsoever and to think that you would have ignore the goal of the quest and apply your personal reasoning as to why Link can suddenly see a non canon mental clock in his head that would help him stop at 10 secs on the dot.
"But you need it", you... do not defend comitting a fallacy like that.

It does, objectively. I explained why it'd apply to speed, and you keep repeatig the same arugment, occam's razor objectively supports me, and your admition to ad naeseum further admits you're not even debunking the agrrument but rather repeating an already counered point.

@GiverOfThePeace

Don't care if it's a fallacy, it's minor and doesn't mean I'm incorrect. I already addressed everything you said about the 25x speed boost but you just say "but ad nauseum" even when I addressed everything about the quest and explained why you're incorrect, but let me ask a question or try to readdress your points because it's possible someone got lost along the lines.Why do you consider the ingame clock canon? and How does this translate to 25x speed boost? and what is it's involvment in the 25x speed boost?

Except it isn't minor as the ad naeseum refers to you repeating an already refuted point and not refuting the newer point, so yes, you are incorrcet as it isn't minor. Regadless, idc anymore occam's razor supports me, waiting for this thread to end by this point.

@GiverOfThePeace

I was misaken on the definition of ad nauseum, apologies, but that means you aren't using it correctly since I indeed have brought up new points that you haven't address.I brought up things like the timer being non canon, the quest not meaning to imply a major speed boost, the entire thing coming from a minigame, or you extrapolating details to get the 25x boost etc.You never addressed any of this and stuck to "muh occams razor" when you're the one who got a 25x boost out of a non canon clock, from a minigame thats from a side quest that could be done multipe ways.

If you look at the quest objectively, it's simply a timing minigame where a character asks Link to count to exactly 10 secs in his mind, the Bunny Hood may help but isn't needed to complete it.

But what you're getting from it is the Bunny Hood prevents a timer from disappearing for x amount of secs which somehow equals a 25x overall speed increase.

I think the latter is far worse and relies on far more assumptions than the former

I can't really wrap my head around Dante countering Link's thought-based hax though. But, Dante's SDT multiplier could help him a bit here. So uhhhhhh, inconclusive FRA?

you do know that changing it to link's vote still makes this match last longer than normal right?

M8, I find the link votes the shakiest here and I really think dante just whoops his ass so my vote stays the same

@Dieno

You haven't voted, care to do so?

And I shall be resurrected by my glass people, as all are eternal and will last forever. ƒæÇ

Tony di bugalu said:
M8, I find the link votes the shakiest here and I really think dante just whoops his ass so my vote stays the same
@Dieno

You haven't voted, care to do so?
Sorry for the late reply, had to handle some irl things. Still inconcluesive here.

I wasn't really voting when I said "Link thinks" but I guess I'll solidely it and say Link FRA

Back