• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Theglassman12 said:
@Schnee you said in the thread that you weren't proposing removing matches. Now you're saying that you were proposing removing them?
No

I asked "Why do we add matches"

The answer "Because people get motivation to do matches because they are added"

So now I'm wondering if that answer was even valid now

And you also said this.

Seriously, I suggested removing added matches as a whole like a year ago

So which one was it then?

What do you even mean by that? Cause last time I checked everyone is trying to add their matches that were made before April 15th so it won't be yeeted by FANDOM.

That was a misword, my bad

Cause last time I checked everyone is trying to add their matches that were made before April 15th

Because there are people that make matches after April 15th despite then going to erased. See almost every match post April 15th

Dat Random Dude 2 said:
Ganon doesn't use Triforce wishing on battle. This is shown when he tells Link he would destroy him and make his wish to conquer both worlds(Light and Dark) come true.
Link was weilding the golden master a weapon that makes the user resistant to all the triforce effects... So yeah kind of pointless no use in using it.

Also I vote for Ganon since triforce boost every single one of his abilities to a greater degree and triforce power range is cross universal, (and can affect beings across time like when Link wished for Demise to die), and triforce of courage basically gives him passive resistance to all sorts of things that might harm him especially evil/Demonic magic.

Also if Ganon sends Dante into the Dark world its GG for him since not only he will get passively mind hax to a insane degree, the entire sacred realm which is universal in size was passively getting mind/madness hax by Ganon.

But you also get passively EE'd since the realm erases your consciousness into nothingness.

I have been told that Power Null goes by feats multiple times so I wanted to know if the Dark Zone PN covers Dimensional Travel

Ganon with the full thing in WW didn't use it against Link

The boost the triforce gives is what makes this somewhat fair

>(and can affect beings across time like when Link wished for Demise to die)

This is stupidly wrong on every level, literally. Girahim had to take Zelda to the past to break the seal because Demise still existed there so no, nothing about affecting beings across time.

>triforce of courage basically gives him passive resistance to all sorts of things that might harm him especially evil/Demonic magic.

It has given resistance to certain things, nor everything that can bring harm, we go by feats not by whatever the hell this is.

Dante resists everything the dark world can do bar power null

>But you also get passively EE'd since the realm erases your consciousness into nothingness.

This one is new

Literally stripping you of your powers does need feats, simply preventing activation is another, and even then, Link can't return from it

>Literally stripping you of your powers does need feats

Of course, I agree with you there

>simply preventing activation is another

I mean, it's still power null

But the problem comes from saying that the dark world power null can negate dimensional travel or other stuff it hasn't show to do.

>Link can't return from it

Wrong, first of all Link does not have dimensional travel on his own, second he can get back to the light world by using certain devices in the dark world IIRC and third he has an item that allows him to get back like nothing.

So saying the Dark World power null can prevent dimensional travel when we see items doing exactly that is wrong.

Seriously tho, what's stopping Ganon from just swarming Dante with enemies? Bubbles make Dante unable to use weapons at all, which is a big oof.

Soul resistance? The fact that his soul has durability? Soul destruction is literally the least of Ganon's worries.

He scales off killing the souls of Mundus' generals with his casual strokes who can resist planetary soul hax iirc.

Mundus Generals can tank the energy of the Demon world, said energy can soul/mind hax the human world once it gets consumed/leaked/in our universe but since we cannot prove there is more life than just earth it stays as planet soul/mind hax.

Dante can kill them without the need to destroy or better said attack their "core" directly, which literally allows them to recreate their physical forms, said core is equated as their souls or essence if you like.

I should also point out Dante's fearhax is on this level as he can scare the shit out of V and others who can withstand the influence of the demon world.

The real cal howard said:
Seriously tho, what's stopping Ganon from just swarming Dante with enemies? Bubbles make Dante unable to use weapons at all, which is a big oof.
Also, also, when did this Ganon do that? What I remember is him engaging only in battle by himself.

ALTTP Ganon's entire goal is to raise an army to take over the Light World.

Also...what? DMC sounds crazier than I thought. In a good way tho. Unless it's DMC2.

I'm pretty sure that was completed the moment he took the triforce and wished for it, I might remember it wrong tho.

I'm still dubious of it since he didn't do that in all the occasions he fought link and that would have been useful when his Avatar was defeated.

It's not like it really matters, Dante makes a Clone of himself to deal with the fodders while he deals with Ganon.

If you reach so high that the sky stops becoming the limit, you can say that his original form Demise did it through Ghirahim lol.

The real cal howard said:
Also...what? DMC sounds crazier than I thought. In a good way tho. Unless it's DMC2.
LUL, the soul thing comes from DMC1 and Visions of V Manga tho so we gucci there.

Also, you have no idea, you have crazy things like science being able to clone and transplant Demon power to humans and boost them beyond Mundus level which is... Funny at the very least.

@Tony

I don't see why preventing a power from being activated to begin with requires feats against somebody with no resistance, Ganon is not stripping the power away, he is stopping Dante from using it.

That said, of Link himself used items to escape then he's fine

Schnee One said:
@Tony

I don't see why preventing a power from being activated to begin with requires feats against somebody with no resistance, Ganon is not stripping the power away, he is stopping Dante from using it.

That said, of Link himself used items to escape then he's fine
You do get my point, the thing is that it did not stop link from leaving, you can't say it prevents that specific power when we literally see it working.

If that's the case what's stopping Dante from leaving using Devil Sword Dante, which is literally a fusion of Rebellion and Devil Sword Sparda, the latter allowed Dante to leave Mundus Pocked dimension. It's on his profile in case you wanna check.

Okay now you're talking about the match, not powernull in general which is what I was addressing.

But yeah, Dante can likely escape unless Ganons dark world has EE

Schnee One said:
Okay now you're talking about the match, not powernull in general which is what I was addressing.

But yeah, Dante can likely escape unless Ganons dark world EE
I was talking about both.

Why the Dark World has EE again?

Edit: checked Ganon's page, the dark world has a chance of erasing someone's Mind if they stay there long enough and it's listed as mind manip, so I think Dante's resistance would allow him to survive that.

Then what were you saying regarding powernull that shuts you off from activating them again?

Dunno, I just read that above

That it needs feats for it to work, we can't say that it literally turns off everything in the other character repertoire without feats of having doing so, and in the case of this match, it did not stop the activation of dimensional travel, at least from those things that had it.

I read, I commented about it on my previous post, it's not really EE but more like mind destruction.

<s┬║The power null comes from the gel stuff? Because from what I see he was useless after it and only because the beastheads decided to help him he got back his juice</s>

yes, well technically dante receives apart from an impulse that obtained the possibility of distorting reality when he realized and when sinero tony we could get a key to be created in the best case to add resistance to power null.

The power null of the Dark World specifically prevents Link from using items other than the Magic Mirror, which was specifically made to counter BFR.

Tony di bugalu said:
That it needs feats for it to work, we can't say that it literally turns off everything in the other character repertoire without feats of having doing so, and in the case of this match, it did not stop the activation of dimensional travel, at least from those things that had it.

I read, I commented about it on my previous post, it's not really EE but more like mind destruction.
It needs feats to prevent a power from being used? Why? The potency doesn't have to do with nulling it because it's not stripping it away, it is merely preventing its activation. If I have to say a word to use a 1A ability but the other person uses powernull that makes me not say words, then it's useless. So no, Proof that Dante resists powernull please, especially since Cal showed that Dark World has feats of nulling it.

Frankly, I'm unsure if Dante's transmutation resistance would be enough to prevent him from being turned. The Master Sword negates transmutation as shown by Wolf Link, but it does nothing to prevent Bunny Link without the help of the Moon Pearl.

I wouldn't say the Master Sword truly negated the transmutation. It removed the evil magic within his body that Zant placed in him but as Midna warns, and the game also shows, touching the now solid evil magic would still turn him back into a wolf even though he has the Master Sword at that point.

Dust Collector said:
I wouldn't say the Master Sword truly negated the transmutation. It removed the evil magic within his body that Zant placed in him but as Midna warns, and the game also shows, touching the now solid evil magic would still turn him back into a wolf even though he has the Master Sword at that point.
Because at that point it wasn't a curse forcibly put on link it became just a dark item that link could use "freely"

Back