• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Link VS. Dante 2: Low-Godly Boogaloo (12 - 1 - 4)

Tony di bugalu said:
Before I go
They are 4km apart, that would be good and all if none of them could cross that distance before 1 second passed, speed is equal to Link I guess who is Rel, that distance is nothing.
So if Dante wants to be a dumbarse and attempt to move while a thought based hax wish lolnopes him and he keeps trying to punch someone with a bunch of damage negation and invulnerability stacks, he can be my guest and it makes it worse for him.

ZephyrosOmega said:
Even if he doesn't, the amp gap is around 3x, and all Link has to do is dodge once for that sweet sweet 30x flurry rush.
That's if Link could dodge, he's stil 3x slower and Dante himself fought against opponents who blitz'd him

Link consistently dodges people equal to him in speed, don't see why this would be different especially since this is being telegaphed over 4 kilometers. Also Wind Waker Link can legit sense an attack coming and parry.

Dienomite22 said:
ZephyrosOmega said:
Even if he doesn't, the amp gap is around 3x, and all Link has to do is dodge once for that sweet sweet 30x flurry rush.
That's if Link could dodge, he's stil 3x slower and Dante himself fought against opponents who blitz'd him
3x Slower is nothing, and- something we haven't mentioned yet- Triforce ******' grants Precog. Link's still invulnerable during that time by your own admission anyway.

ZephyrosOmega said:
3x Slower is nothing, and- something we haven't mentioned yet- Triforce ******' grants Precog. Link's still invulnerable during that time by your own admission anyway.
Dante out right resists precog.Check his DMC2 key.His invulnerability helps Dante out here because it just makes Dante go for Sealing faster, as I said before.

GiverOfThePeace said:
Dienomite22 said:
Is it a 2 to times boost?
2x boost and Bunny Hood is 25x based off the fact that it can gauge 10 seconds while regular Link can't even perfectly pinpoint 10 seconds.
That sounds like getting a multiplier from ingame timing, which isn't allowed unless a verse has no description for anything I believe.

Dienomite22 said:
Dante out right resists precog.Check his DMC2 key.His invulnerability helps Dante out here because it just makes Dante go for Sealing faster, as I said before.
" Precognition (When serious, Dante was capable of surprising Chen, who was stated multiple times to be able to predict the future)"

That sounds very... odd, anyways, I'll assume it's true. But it outright says "When serious", I legitimately do not remember Dante getting outirght serious unless facing people he has ties too, Link's not one of those. Why are we just assuming Dante is moving so fast that while he's hitting Link to no avail Link is just going to sit there and not counter back with thought based wish granting?

ZephyrosOmega said:
I'm really not seeing any way dante has to win this before link does
This. A lot of the arguments I saw thus far just expect link to be dumb and not use the omnipotent macguffin he goes for in every game he has it.

GiverOfThePeace said:
" Precognition (When serious, Dante was capable of surprising Chen, who was stated multiple times to be able to predict the future)"

That sounds very... odd, anyways, I'll assume it's true. But it outright says "When serious", I legitimately do not remember Dante getting outirght serious unless facing people he has ties too, Link's not one of those. Why are we just assuming Dante is moving so fast that while he's hitting Link to no avail Link is just going to sit there and not counter back with thought based wish granting?
Dante had no ties to the person he performed this against (Chen) and DMC5 Dante is naturally serious. Nobody is assuming that.

Scans.

You literally are when your argument was "oh well if invulnerability happens he just seals him" like the only way he'd be able to counter with sealing is if Link is just standing there letting him hit him.

• Devil Trigger: Dante can transform into a demonic form and his speed and strength increase, and can constantly recuperate vitality for a short time. He has a ton of these, each with a separate set of certain skills, to fit nearly every situation.
  • Majin Form: A stronger and more advanced version of Devil Trigger. It can only be accessed by Dante when he is in a near-death state
    • Sin Devil Trigger: The Strongest Devil Form that Dante has access. When Dante used the Rebellion sword to stab himself in the ruins of his former family home to stop Vergil, he absorbed its power alongside the Sparda sword. This granted him the Sin Devil Trigger, a powerful form that awakens his true inner demonic heritage. According to Nico, Dante's current state is suggested to be far more powerful than the Legendary Dark Knight Sparda himself.

Not seeing anywhere that says "10x speed amp". Even in his powers list it just says "Statistics amplification and flight via devil trigger".

GiverOfThePeace said:
Scans.
You literally are when your argument was "oh well if invulnerability happens he just seals him" like the only way he'd be able to counter with sealing is if Link is just standing there letting him hit him.
No, literally everything I'm saying is because Dante has the speed advantage and performs these actions in character

and scans for what?

Dienomite22 said:
ZephyrosOmega said:
I'm really not seeing any way dante has to win this before link does
Because Cal himself said Link relies on Fi to have an opening move.
>Link's already touching the triforce

>Link thinks "man I want to kill this guy"

>Triforce: k

Like, why are we just ignoring the wish is done upon touch and a comp Link already is touching it?

Hasn't Dante literally only used sealing for Mundus tho

he didn't seal argosax

he didn't seal vergil

he didn't seal whatever that bullshit from DMC2 was

Dienomite22 said:
No, literally everything I'm saying is because Dante has the speed advantage and performs these actions in character

and scans for what?
How does he have the speed advantage, you didn't refute the bunny hood point adequeately, link has a 25x boost.

Scans of what you claimed that Dante is always serious.

I looked and saw Quick Heart. But if we're playing the mechanics card as you're doing with the Bunny Hood, does it make you move 10x faster in game?

I mean, he's not gonna sit there but yeah Fi tells him how to win after reading his opponent.

The real cal howard said:
I looked and saw Quick Heart. But if we're playing the mechanics card as you're doing with the Bunny Hood, does it make you move 10x faster in game?
I mean, he's not gonna sit there but yeah Fi tells him how to win after reading his opponent.
The official guidebook states Quick Heart is a 10x boost, I'm saying speed boosts without official descriptions aren't taken at face value typically based off of there showings in gameplay and are considered Unknown in how much they boost

GiverOfThePeace said:
How does he have the speed advantage, you didn't refute the bunny hood point adequeately, link has a 25x boost.

Scans of what you claimed that Dante is always serious.
You didn't say anything.Gameplay boosts in speed are unknown unless a description or something provides the amount.

Play DMC5 and WoG

I did. I literally pointed out why it'd be 25x and that the in-game timer is real time. It doesn't require a description, common sense.

That's not what a scan is, so I have no reason to believe your claim now.

ZephyrosOmega said:
Hasn't Dante literally only used sealing for Mundus tho
he didn't seal argosax

he didn't seal vergil

he didn't seal whatever that bullshit from DMC2 was
This point has been beaten to death. Reread the past thread.

If that's true the the inverse should be too. Feats>statements after all. Statements without feats of being what the boost says it is should be taken as just hyperbole/hearsay.

Also, Dieno, were you the one who made the thread:blog about sealing or was that someone else? Woever made that blog is the one I 100% agree with. Was it DDK?

GiverOfThePeace said:
I did. I literally pointed out why it'd be 25x and that the in-game timer is real time. It doesn't require a description, common sense.
That's not what a scan is, so I have no reason to believe your claim now.
Something being from a minigame doesn't prove anything especially when gameplay is inherently noncanon

Do you want me to provide a scene from DMC5? Or the WoG?

If that's true the the inverse should be too. Feats>statements after all. Statements without feats of being what the boost says it is should be taken as just hyperbole/hearsay.
The reverse is true but gameplay is considered noncanon 90% of the time while a description from a reliable guidebook is canon which is how it is with Dante

Also, Dieno, were you the one who made the thread:blog about sealing or was that someone else? Woever made that blog is the one I 100% agree with. Was it DDK?
Which one? I don't think that was me, I'm not good with stuff like that.

All this thread needs to decide on at this point is whether or not dante actually blitzes, which doesn't seem to be the case as of now. If what Giver is saying is true, than Link is actually faster, though 2.5x (25x for link and 10x for dante) isn't enough to blitz IMO.

Dienomite22 said:
The reverse is true but gameplay is considered noncanon 90% of the time while a description from a reliable guidebook is canon which is how it is with Dante
One last thing before I hit the hay. This is why Dante's speed in DT is still considered unknown despite gameplay showing Dante ranging from 2 to 3 times faster than base Dante.

Back