• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Link VS. Dante 2: Low-Godly Boogaloo (12 - 1 - 4)

@Zephyros He uses it to reverse any damage that's caused to his close friends and loved one, not to kill his foes. He did that once in the entire series. And Alastor sensing danger is a passive thing, it just happens even if Dante doesn't have it equiped as his go to weapon.

@Cal I literally brought up characters that are human like Arius and Sanctum and even Arkham, they all are human and Dante was still serious against them. By that logic, it's like me saying Link won't attack Dante cause he doesn't look like a Gerudo or a pig monster.

Theglassman12 said:
@Zephyros He uses it to reverse any damage that's caused to his close friends and loved one, not to kill his foes. He did that once in the entire series. And Alastor sensing danger is a passive thing, it just happens even if Dante doesn't have it equiped as his go to weapon.
Alastor didnt' do it in DMC5 either.

@Zephyros this Dante has all the weapons from the rest of his games, so he does have Alastor in his arsenal in this fight.

The first thing he does in 4 is kill an old guy who is human in cold blood because Lady sended him there, now this is a battle, he knows he is fighting someone and is with the intent to kill.

What will happen is obvious.

But did he use DT

@Glass. Pretty sure Dante has prior knowledge of their threat level and then, false equivalency. One, I'm not saying he won't use it at all and two, false equivalency because no shit he'd attack Link. You'd have a better argument if you'd have said Link wouldn't use the FDM, but even then, Link's more analytical and weakness searching than the hack-and-slashing Dante.

@ZephyrosOmega

Thing is Dante never cared for auras even from Void Mundus who is 3-A to Low 2-C and faced others who were the exact same thing as Chen (the guy in link) and he never cared about aura or power detections (aura reading) of his opponents until that point when Chen powered up and is stated to be on Dante's level.

Dienomite22 said:
@ZephyrosOmega
Thing is Dante never cared for auras even from Void Mundus who is 3-A to Low 2-C and faced others who were the exact same thing as Chen (the guy in link) and he never cared about aura or power detections (aura reading) of his opponents until that point when Chen powered up and is stated to be on Dante's level.
And doesn't Dante have at least a slight AP advantage over link? Not enough to oneshot according to Kep and Cal, but he's still stronger by some amount.

GiverOfThePeace said:
I've been off the thread, what exactly are the arguments atm and do any of them counter thought based wish granting?
None really. the only one so far has been that Link wouldn't open with thought-based wish granting.

ZephyrosOmega said:
And doesn't Dante have at least a slight AP advantage over link? Not enough to oneshot according to Kep and Cal, but he's still stronger by some amount.
Dante had the advantage over Chen aswell yet he still detected he was a threat.

@Cal he used DT against Arius and against the Savior, which was the old man he shot. Explain how is that false equivalency when you're using the superfluous point of Link not being a demon being the excuse Dante won't use DT when that same logic can be applied in reverse for Link?

>>Hacking and slashing Dante

Right, the same guy who was smart enough to make Phantom fall to his death my making him break the glass ceiling in their last fight, or lead Griffon into a trap to incapacitate him for good, or the guy who when fighting Mundus, puts two and two together to make sure he doesn't absorb the orbs he summons by destroying them so he won't go all out.

>Dante one shoting till he seals

>Link erasing right of the bat

Counters:

>I don't belive Danre has an AP advantage and he won't go all out on a green guy

>link doesn't have a mindset to actually say he will open with EE

Thread in a nutshell

ZephyrosOmega said:
None really. the only one so far has been that Link wouldn't open with thought-based wish granting.
Literally every game he has the triforce that's his go-to thing, why doesn't Link open up with it exactly?

For the last time Dante doesn't one shot. Even without the buffs Link has with his equipment. Literally nothing in the entirety of DMC has anything close a superiority level to that of the True Force, and the only reason he's higher is because of chains. Frankly, chains in general are wanked, and I'm not even talking about Dante, and places like Death Battle handle it much better than us, but I digress.

Your only proof of saying that is that the so glorius triangle is so above everything in the verse that it shouldn't be stomped, which Dante actually is by far too with such an ease that he should just tap but appeal to the authority is the best way to keep it down I guess.

We can all go into Dante vs Link in AP but lets remember Link has invulnerability so it would ultimately be useless as a point to make (Even though I 100% believe Dante oneshots)

Then prove that random >s compare to what the Triforce is shown to be. Show me Dante at his peak being so superior that everything else in his verse would go to shit without him, 3-As included. Show me Dante at his peak being so superior that 3 2-Cs recognize his power. Show me Dante at his peak being so superior that thirty years of history hype it up to being the omnipotent macguffin in the franchise

Same here, we can go all night with this and simply say "I dont belive you" or "you are wrong", yada, yada.

I have class in 6 hours and I'm sleepy.

I vote for Dante, he one shots and seals when he notices the pulp getting back to life.

Durabiity amps and damage negation to the scale that he can reduce it to one heart, and invulnerability.

No one-shot is happening and AP shouldn't even have it's time wasted when they're both 4 km away from each other so they'll be doing hax before AP.

The real cal howard said:
Then prove that random >s compare to what the Triforce is shown to be. Show me Dante at his peak being so superior that everything else in his verse would go to shit without him, 3-As included. Show me Dante at his peak being so superior that 3 2-Cs recognize his power. Show me Dante at his peak being so superior that thirty years of history hype it up to being the omnipotent macguffin in the franchise
None of that is proof.Being the best thing in verse for years doesn't mean one is super powerful compared to other verses.

The weakest 3-A in DMC is passively above baseline and blah blah blah Dante is superior to blah blah.You know what I don't even know why I care to explain this scaling.

Pretty sure the whole "internal organ damage* that Sin Devil Trigger Dante has can oneshot since Link doesn't resist his internal organs from exploding.

GiverOfThePeace said:
Durabiity amps and damage negation to the scale that he can reduce it to one heart, and invulnerability.
No one-shot is happening and AP shouldn't even have it's time wasted when they're both 4 km away from each other so they'll be doing hax before AP.
This.

Before I go

They are 4km apart, that would be good and all if none of them could cross that distance before 1 second passed, speed is equal to Link I guess who is Rel, that distance is nothing.

Tony di bugalu said:
Before I go
They are 4km apart, that would be good and all if none of them could cross that distance before 1 second passed, speed is equal to Link I guess who is Rel, that distance is nothing.
I can still bet that between two people equal in speed, Link can still put on a mask/triforce wish/whatever before Dante can cross that distance, even IF he started in Devil Trigger.

Dante will use DT or more specifically SDT at that distance. It's his main mode of transportating long distances in DMC5. And once again, that's assumming Link would use any of that.

I mean considering that Link is in possession of the triforce, and literally every time he's had it he has opened with it...

Even if he doesn't, the amp gap is around 3x, and all Link has to do is dodge once for that sweet sweet 30x flurry rush.

Theglassman12 said:
Pretty sure the whole "internal organ damage* that Sin Devil Trigger Dante has can oneshot since Link doesn't resist his internal organs from exploding.
Immortality Type 7 & Low Godly regen.

ZephyrosOmega said:
I mean considering that Link is in possession of the triforce, and literally every time he's had it he has opened with it...
Unless Cal just forgot to reply to Glass's counter point on that topic, he doesn't

Back