• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Link VS. Dante 2: Low-Godly Boogaloo (12 - 1 - 4)

GiverOfThePeace said:
He got the triforce then thought about killling Demise. So the second he got the full triforce he used it's wish granting. Demise survives in the future cause acausality and then he fights Demise in a final battle, which by that point he no longer has the triforce.
That's pretty sick (I like acausal bullshit).But didn't the Triforce just kill Demise by dropping that island on him? I remember this being discussed in the other thread but don't remember specifics

It EE'd him via that. Pretty sure the only reason it did specifically that too was because the imprisoned couldn't move and it was a ironic death since hylia keept the island floating to keep it safe FROM Demise.

Triforce also gives Link Type-2 Immortality and further invulnerability, so even if Dante can land hits, it won't stop him fast enough.

GiverOfThePeace said:
It EE'd him via that. Pretty sure the only reason it did specifically that too was because the imprisoned couldn't move and it was a ironic death since hylia keept the island floating to keep it safe FROM Demise.
But wasn't Link really bent on killing Demise (FI told him to focus now and wish with all your might for the destruction of Demise) and Zelda also put a seal on Demise (and thus was asleep) which is another reason for Link's mindset being what it is.Also, is the Triforce a one time use or is that only in SS?

Cause he wasn't touching the triforce and chronologically that was the first wish ever made by a Link in the series. Why does that suddenly change the fact that he used it offensively? Yes Zelda might of been a motive, but a supporting motive does not equate to they won't do the same thing w/o said supporting motive. Seeing as Ganon touched it, corrupted the entire sacred relam, and his next wish was the conquer the light realm and the full triforce stays with him, it's multiple use. The only reason Link doesn't use it again is because iirc he wanted to keep it in an area.

Being the first wish in the series doesn't exactly make it the only way he would use the Triforce when he's used it to bring someone back or restore a land back to normal a lot more than just wishing his foes out of existence.

@GiverOfThePeace

I don't even know what your first sentence is even arguing.Why does that suddenly change the fact that he used it offensively? Because it's a motive and Fi had to tell Link to wish with all of his might for Demise's destruction.If Link had predetermined motives for wishing for Demises destruction with the Triforce then that's important.He wouldn't have that with Dante.

Theglassman12 said:
Being the first wish in the series doesn't exactly make it the only way he would use the Triforce when he's used it to bring someone back or restore a land back to normal a lot more than just wishing his foes out of existence.
LInk didn't have any foes to wish out of existence the other times, because every time, he had already killed them. Link to the past and Zelda 2 both.

Theglassman12 said:
The two other scenarios result in the foe being defeated. So I don't even know why you brought that up, yes he can use it other ways, why would he ever use it to restore someone in the middle of a fight where he's tryig to kill his opponent?

Dienomite22 said:
@GiverOfThePeace
I don't even know what your first sentence is even arguing.Why does that suddenly change the fact that he used it offensively? Because it's a motive and Fi had to tell Link to wish with all of his might for Demise's destruction.If Link had predetermined motives for wishing for Demises destruction with the Triforce then that's important.He wouldn't have that with Dante.
I was pointing out that the scene makes it a lot more dramatic and such due to that, and he's doing it without directly absorbing/touching the triforce. *Supporting motive. He would have that with Dante, cause again, he triforce's wishes activate upon thought. Don't know how many times i need to repeat this. This is nitpicking by this point. A supporting motive isn't suddenly a neccessity for him to do something like wish gg someone in a fight to the death.

Comp Link is already touching the triforce

Thinks to himself "I wanna kill this guy"

Triforce: k

Zelda 2 had the whole sub plot of using his blood to revive Ganon in the first place. If he was in character to use the Triforce to use it as he was in a Skyward sword he would've wished for the Triforce to wish away any and all trace from Ganon.

If every single link out there got the Triforce and used it to wish his foes away, then I'd agree with you, but they all haven't. They all have way too much of a different mindset and different Arsenal's to use to even say that Triforce is a go to move for link when link hardly uses the Triforce to wish his foe away.

Theglassman12 said:
Zelda 2 had the whole sub plot of using his blood to revive Ganon in the first place. If he was in character to use the Triforce to use it as he was in a Skyward sword he would've wished for the Triforce to wish away any and all trace from Ganon.
If every single link out there got the Triforce and used it to wish his foes away, then I'd agree with you, but they all haven't. They all have way too much of a different mindset and different Arsenal's to use to even say that Triforce is a go to move for link when link hardly uses the Triforce to wish his foe away.
Link didn't even have the full triforce in Zelda 2 until the end. And Zelda was his top priority. you're just disproving your own points.

And Link was also being hunted down by Ganon's Minions in the second game, but he didn't bother to use the Triforce to make sure Ganon wouldn't revive or just wish his minions away when he used it.

So we're just going to ignore that what was on Link's mind for a vast majority of that game was re-awakening Zelda and I don't even think he knew about the moblins plans and just knew they were attacking him. Irregardless, when he gained the full triforce and made his wish in Zelda 2 it wasn't while a ******* moblin was running at him trying to kill him, so false equivalence irregardless.

K you're repeating your argument. Most links don't get the triforce. The links that do and don't use it offensively is because the main threat is dead. SS already proves if the main threat is still alive Link would use it offensively. Can we stop repeating the same debunked argument over and over again? Like half of these arguments are just ignoring context to try and make it work.

@GiverOfThePeace

But that's not it, Link had motives to kill Demise and wish him away .He didn't use it on random mooks he didn't know about or where unknown to him, he had to focus on his wish which comes from his mindset and an actual want to kill Demise vs here where it's someone he doesn't know and doesn't hate and is only willing to kill.

Theglassman12 said:
And Link was also being hunted down by Ganon's Minions in the second game, but he didn't bother to use the Triforce to make sure Ganon wouldn't revive or just wish his minions away when he used it.
Link literally didn't have the full triforce until he fought his way through all of Ganon's minions to GET it.

Theglassman12 said:
Ganon can't revive because his regen was negated. He didn't wish the moblins away because again, his entire goal in that game was to re-awaken Zelda and restore peace to Hyrule.

Lemme ask you a perfectly logical moral question, you have the powers of wish granting, and your mother is lethally sick. Do you A. use the wish on your sick mother or B.Use it to wish a way a bunch of fodders you can deal with perfectly without the need to wish them away. That's basically LInk's scenario.

GiverOfThePeace said:
Ganon can't revive because his regen was negated. He didn't wish the moblins away because again, his entire goal in that game was to re-awaken Zelda and restoe peace to Hyrule.
I thought it could be used multiple times?

alsoDienomite22 said:
@GiverOfThePeace
But that's not it, Link had motives to kill Demise and wish him away .He didn't use it on random mooks he didn't know about or where unknown to him, he had to focus on his wish which comes from his mindset and an actual want to kill Demise vs here where it's someone he doesn't know and doesn't hate and is only willing to kill.
Are you seriously attempting to compare a random mook to Demise. Jesus lord, well asides from the fact that I legitimately can't remember a single scene in Zelda where he has the complete triforce and fights random mooks, probably just because the mooks threat level isn't anywhere near someone like Demises? I already explained the focus part. He's not touching the tiforce and it's the first wish ever made chronologically. He doesn't need to know or hate Dante if Dante is ******* running at him attempting to kill him and he has killing intent, you're severly downplaying the concept of killing intent.

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/KillingIntent

Also I'm legitimately getting sick of repeating this. Composite Link is already touching the ******* triforce so even if he doesn't open with wish gg in char the fact that he's touching and is clearly thinking "I'm going to kill this guy" would already activate the wish. It's legitimately nigh-passive under composite.

@Giver Which doesn't disprove my point cause this is a Composite version of ALL the Links in the timeline, not the one from Skyward Sword who was the only one who used it to wish his foes away. The one Link our of Dozens of Links who had the mindset of using the Triforce to kill his foes. The chances of Composite Link using it to wish his foes away is about as likely as Link opening with Dimensional BFR, which is from one Link out of the dozens of Links out there.

Dienomite22 said:
Zelda 2 and SS act different about it, I assume it's that if you don't have the full triforce absorbed inside you, then you can only use it once.

Theglassman12 said:
@Giver Which doesn't disprove my point cause this is a Composite version of ALL the Links in the timeline, not the one from Skyward Sword who was the only one who used it to wish his foes away. The one Link our of Dozens of Links who had the mindset of using the Triforce to kill his foes. The chances of Composite Link using it to wish his foes away is about as likely as Link opening with Dimensional BFR, which is from one Link out of the dozens of Links out there.
Glass. If he's already touching it, and the triforce immedieatly grants your wish the minute you touch it, that means...?

GiverOfThePeace said:
Dienomite22 said:
Zelda 2 and SS act different about it, I assume it's that if you don't have the full triforce absorbed inside you, then you can only use it once.
Does Link have the Triforce inside him? If he does, can't he just immediate wish GG Dante?

Zeldasmash said:
GiverOfThePeace said:
Dienomite22 said:
Does Link have the Triforce inside him? If he does, can't he just immediate wish GG Dante?
Yes. Bro, I've legit been saying this the entire thread. Thank god someone understands.

You mean the whole thing where he needs to pull the full Triforce out to actually use the wish like what happened in Skyward Sword and Wind Waker when both Link and Ganondorf had the full Triforce within their grasp? That's not exactly a thought based thing when all of the times the Triforce wish granted he had to pull it out and use the wish. Unless there's some obscure game that shows someone else using it without bringing the Triforce out.

Theglassman12 said:
You mean the whole thing where he needs to pull the full Triforce out to actually use the wish like what happened in Skyward Sword and Wind Waker when both Link and Ganondorf had the full Triforce within their grasp? That's not exactly a thought based thing when all of the times the Triforce wish granted he had to pull it out and use the wish. Unless there's some obscure game that shows someone else using it without bringing the Triforce out.
Even if what you say is true, I'm placing bets on Link holding up a triangle before Dante can cross the comparatively massive difference.

@GiverOfThePeace

That's my point, Link used it on Demise who he has motives for and was wanting to kill.I'm not comparing mooks to Demise, I'm comparing Link's mindset verses things he doesn't hate or has motives to kill verses things he does.

"He's not touching the triforce" for the focus part, no dip he's not and that wasn't a point, Link wasn't touching the Triforce even when wishing in the cutscene so I don't know why you keep saying this.The point was Fi told him to wish with all of his might of Demise's destruction, which is what happen, and Link's use of the Triforce on Demise is because he already had motivations to use it on him.

Why would he need to pull it out when it's already inside of him? Wind Waker and Skyward Sword neither of which he's touching and no one in Wind Waker has the full triforce, hence why it just appeared then and there. Glass, when the hell did he ever "pull it out"? Skyward Sword and Wind Waker is him restoring the full triforce back together hence why he's "pulling it out". ALTTP and ALBW show otherwise especially since ALTTP's is absorbed in him.

Zeldasmash said:
The Axiom of Virgo said:
I'm voting for Incon FRA both characters have an absurd amount of hax, counter hax, resists etc to the point there won't be a definitive winner imo.
Alcuard (Castlevania), Dante (DMC), Composite Link (LoZ) etc are the kind of characters that are, shall we say "over-prepared" for almost anything lol.
I really wish Link and Alucard could fight, but Alucard would stomp due to AP...
Not if my CRT has anything to say about it!

Dienomite22 said:
So you're saying someone with killing intent would not want to kill someone running at them? Cause that's basically what you've claimed intentionally or unintentionally in that sentence.

It was to point out that you're comparing a longer action done when he doesn't touch it compared to the immedieate action done of when he does touch it as shown in ALTTP. Also I'm just going to go by this here, Demise is the origin of evil and a direct threat to goddesses, so this would literally just mean that Demise is harder to kill. For the love of god, Comp Link, has full triforce inside of him, is already touching it, wish requires touch, = GG.

@Giver remember when ganon took Link and Zelda's Triforce in WW? When he fused it with his own Triforce he had it summoned out in order for him to grant his wish. If it was thought based and didn't need to be summoned Ganon wouldn't have left the Triforce out in the open for the king to get his wish first.

Theglassman12 said:
@Giver remember when ganon took Link and Zelda's Triforce in WW? When he fused it with his own Triforce he had it summoned out in order for him to grant his wish. If it was thought based and didn't need to be summoned Ganon wouldn't have left the Triforce out in the open for the king to get his wish first.
So tell me where Comp Link is specifically summoning the other pieces when he already has the entire thing. It's objectively thought based, why are you even making this argument when SS literally shows Link using thought to make his wish and not touching it. Ganon is summoning the full triforce the minute he touches that triforce it gives his thought based wish.

Theglassman12 said:
@Zephyros a guy who's FTL can cross a 4 KM distance no problem.
Speed is Equalized. Link can move his hand up less than a meter before Dante can cross 4 kilometers.

The Triforce wasn't inside his arm when he got his wish in SS. He had it in front of him when he summoned it just like what happened in WW when Ganon went to get his wish.

Speed is Equalized. Link can move his hand up less than a meter before Dante can cross 4 kilometers.

Speed being equalized doesn't mean much when Relativistic or FTL can still cross 4 KM nigh instantly

So right now, the question is wether the Triforce is inside Composite Link.

If it is = Link wins

If it isn't = Inconclusive

Theglassman12 said:
Speed being equalized doesn't mean much when Relativistic or FTL can still cross 4 KM nigh instantly
Adn Link being Relativisitc+ means that he can also raise his arm nigh-instantly. your point?

Back