• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Link VS. Dante 2: Low-Godly Boogaloo (12 - 1 - 4)

Theglassman12 said:
Speed is Equalized. Link can move his hand up less than a meter before Dante can cross 4 kilometers.
Speed being equalized doesn't mean much when Relativistic or FTL can still cross 4 KM nigh instantly
You realize Link's relativistic speed is via reactions and not travel speed, right?

ZephyrosOmega said:
Theglassman12 said:
Speed is Equalized. Link can move his hand up less than a meter before Dante can cross 4 kilometers.
Speed being equalized doesn't mean much when Relativistic or FTL can still cross 4 KM nigh instantly
Adn Link being Relativisitc+ means that he can also raise his arm nigh-instantly. your point?
......Dante is FTL.....he can cut Link down before he gets a chance.

GiverOfThePeace said:
So you're saying someone with killing intent would not want to kill someone running at them? Cause that's basically what you've claimed intentionally or unintentionally in that sentence.

It was to point out that you're comparing a longer action done when he doesn't touch it compared to the immedieate action done of when he does touch it as shown in ALTTP. Also I'm just going to go by this here, Demise is the origin of evil and a direct threat to goddesses, so this would literally just mean that Demise is harder to kill. For the love of god, Comp Link, has full triforce inside of him, is already touching it, wish requires touch, = GG.
No, I'm saying someone like Link who is naturally willing to kill someone doesn't just use the triforce on randos he doesn't care about nor has beef with nor on those who he is willing to kill that aren't big baddies unless he knows that they are a massive threat.

I wasn't comparing action times and I don't remember talking about actions or how fast they are, I'm talking about Link's motive for using the triforce, which he had alot of reason to use against Demise.

Zeldasmash said:
ZephyrosOmega said:
Theglassman12 said:
Adn Link being Relativisitc+ means that he can also raise his arm nigh-instantly. your point?
......Dante is FTL.....he can cut Link down before he gets a chance.
Speed is Equalized. Even with DT amp which is supposedly 10x, that still wouldn't be fast enough to reach Link in time. that's the point I'm trying to make.

Theglassman12 said:
@Zephyros a guy who's FTL can cross a 4 KM distance no problem.
Dante can teleport or dimensional travel to just cross that distance. I don't think distance is an issue

Theglassman12 said:
The Triforce wasn't inside his arm when he got his wish in SS. He had it in front of him when he summoned it just like what happened in WW when Ganon went to get his wish.
So not only is this not what I argued but you're still not understanding the argument. Gonna say this one last time if you repeat this same argument i'm just calling burden of rejoinder ad naseum.

I never said the triforce was inside of his arm in SS, that's not even a point brought up. WW Ganon had to summon it because that's literally the method in-verse to get the complete triforce to show up. The scene you're trying to use to debunk thought based triforce is ludicrous, Ganon didn't have the full triforce os he needed to summon it in order to get it, that does not debunk thought based wish granting as he didn't even have the damn thing yet. On the parallel side of SS Link did have it, hence why he could do thought based wish granting.

Dienomite22 said:
Theglassman12 said:
@Zephyros a guy who's FTL can cross a 4 KM distance no problem.
Dante can teleport or dimensional travel to just cross that distance. I don't think distance is an issue
Two layers of invulnerability is. Either:

-Dante doesn't fly to Link fast enough

-Dante teleports and does nothing thanks to invulnerability and link warps

Dienomite22 said:
No, I'm saying someone like Link who is naturally willing to kill someone doesn't just use the triforce on randos he doesn't care about nor has beef with nor on those who he do unless he knows that they are a massive threat.

I wasn't comparing action times and I don't remember talking about actions or how fast they are, I'm talking about Link's motive for using the triforce, which he had alot of reason to use against Demise.
He's never fought randos with the full triforce, yet again.

And he has a lot of reason to use it here, a random dude is coming at him while he has the full triforce already in hand meaning he's already thinkig about the wish.

ZephyrosOmega said:

MHS+ easily crosses 4km gaps and 10x speed makes that essentially instant so flying isn't an issue.

teleporting is simpler but once agains 10x speed basically means Dante has more time to attempt to damage him and finds it not working and goes for the sealing.

GiverOfThePeace said:
He's never fought randos with the full triforce, yet again.

And he has a lot of reason to use it here, a random dude is coming at him while he has the full triforce already in hand meaning he's already thinkig about the wish.
So why assume he would be willing to use it on randos when he's only ever used it against those he knows are the shit?

Dienomite22 said:
ZephyrosOmega said:

MHS+ easily crosses 4km gaps and 10x speed makes that essentially instant so flying isn't an issue.
teleporting is simpler but once agains 10x speed basically means Dante has more time to attempt to damage him and finds it not working and goes for the sealing.
Okay. Let's do it this way. Look at it like this.

Dante has to cross 4 kilometers. Link has to raise his arm 1 meter. If Dante is 10 times faster, than in the time it takes for Link to raise his arm, Dante can cross 10 meters. Yes, Dante can cross the gaps in an instant, but Link can also RAISE HIS ARM in an even SHORTER time.

ANd again, sealing might not even work given what's been stated above. You cannot argue Dante winning without heavy misinterpretation of both Dante and Link.

Dienomite22 said:
So why assume he would be willing to use it on randos when he's only ever used it against those he knows are the shit?
Because he's in a fight, that rando is charging at him with a sword, it's composite meaning he's already touching the full triforce, and he's thinking about killing Dante since he has killing intent on. How many more times do I need to repeat this?

Dienomite22 said:
GiverOfThePeace said:
10x speed gets countered by 25x amp.
You've never provided further explanation why 25x amp is canon and not just gameplay.
Your only refute to it was "gameplay time" which I already explained it wasn't and real time and the entire point of the mini-game is getting perfectly 10 seconds. So yes, I did provide further explanation you either didn't see it or ignored it.

ZephyrosOmega said:
Okay. Let's do it this way. Look at it like this.

Dante has to cross 4 kilometers. Link has to raise his arm 1 meter. If Dante is 10 times faster, than in the time it takes for Link to raise his arm, Dante can cross 10 meters. Yes, Dante can cross the gaps in an instant, but Link can also RAISE HIS ARM in an even SHORTER time.

ANd again, sealing might not even work given what's been stated above. You cannot argue Dante winning without heavy misinterpretation of both Dante and Link.
You know Dante would have 10x applied to reaction times aswell right? and Link's base MHS+ rating is enough to cross 4km instantly.Dante would be FTL in reaction speeds and and 10x faster in MHS+

GiverOfThePeace said:
Your only refute to it was "gameplay time" which I already explained it wasn't and real time and the entire point of the mini-game is getting perfectly 10 seconds. So yes, I did provide further explanation you either didn't see it or ignored it.
Because gameplay time is a legit refute.We only use gameplay timing for specific cases and speed boosts aren't one of them, especially when these have an ingame description saying nothing about 25x speed.

Otherwise Dante would have more speed amps labled on his profile and DT would be faster than 10x

Dienomite22 said:
GiverOfThePeace said:
Because gameplay time is a legit refute.We only use gameplay timing for specific cases and speed boosts aren't one of them, especially when these have an ingame description saying nothing about 25x speed.
Otherwise Dante would have more speed amps labled on his profile and DT would be faster than 10x
It isn't when it's outright explained to you why it isn't and you make no counter other then ad naeusem. That's nice, it's not gameplay timing as you can legitimately time it to a IRL clock and the post-man outright comments on your speed for being able to do exactly what I mentioned. Unless you can show me that the "gameplay timing" in Dante's case goes under real time, the character in question outright comments on his reflexes due to perfectly lasping that timing AND that it's a canon mini-game that requires that specific speed amp then that's a false equivalence.

Buyn

@GiverOfThePeace

Since when has gameplay timing ever been used to determine a speed boost on this site?How is using an IRL clock to find timing proves anything? and Why is the post-man saying "wow you have reflexes made for a postman" proves that the 25x speed boost is legit? I don't deny it boost speed, I deny the amount it boosts

Because this would be a big deal for DMC and get Dante more speed boost

I don't care if the 25x speed boost from gameplay is considered legit since that would open doors for Dante upgrades as well but I just don't remember them ever being considered canon in most if not all series on the website.

It's real time based. The timing literally correlates to you using a stop watch and it goes at the exact same time, the entire point of the mini game is to hit exactly 10 seconds. Because if it was gameplay timing like you're attempting to claim then it would not be synonymous with real time 10 seconds, which it is as people literally use stop watches if they don't want to use the bunny hood durring that mission. Because that literally shows the entire point of the minigame is for Link to react to 10 real time seconds and that it's considered a speed-feat in-universe.

Again for it to apply to Dante, the following would need to be met: Unless you can show me that the "gameplay timing" in Dante's case goes under real time, the character in question outright comments on his reflexes due to perfectly lasping that timing AND that it's a canon mini-game that requires that specific speed amp.

GiverOfThePeace said:
It's real time based. The timing literally correlates to you using a stop watch and it goes at the exact same time, the entire point of the mini game is to hit exactly 10 seconds. Because if it was gameplay timing like you're attempting to claim then it would not be synonymous with real time 10 seconds, which it is as people literally use stop watches if they don't want to use the bunny hood durring that mission. Because that literally shows the entire point of the minigame is for Link to react to 10 real time seconds and that it's considered a speed-feat in-universe.

Again for it to apply to Dante, the following would need to be met: Unless you can show me that the "gameplay timing" in Dante's case goes under real time, the character in question outright comments on his reflexes due to perfectly lasping that timing AND that it's a canon mini-game that requires that specific speed amp.
link to whatever you're talking about here because I honestly don't understand it.

Probably since gameplay is basically all we got in DMC. That and guidebooks.

Cause just like Ganon guess what he had to do right before that scene? Get all 3 pieces. The triforce is re-forming, hence why it's doing that, same with Ganon.

And ALTTP has the same process for the wish to be granted despite it being fully formed beforehand

Yet Yuga didn't seem to need to form them and just straight up absorbed them. Likely would've just absorbed Link's piece rather than form it.

Alright so i'm gonna show someone doing the post-man sidequest w/o the bunny hood. Meaning Link can't count the 10 seconds:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bA4jblmT1h4

What the speedrunner does, is just use their irl stopwatch and count it to 10 seconds:

Meaning the timer there is moving to 10 seconds in real time. Now the bunny hood can fully count the 10 seconds:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=II-Ci-SkG1A

The Post-Man then acknowledges you doing perfectly 10 seconds saying you have good reflexes.

So DMC's would need.

A. To fall under objective real time.

B. Have the characters in-universe acknowledge it.

C. Specifically require the speed amp for him to do it.

D. It be canon.

Theglassman12 said:
Cause just like Ganon guess what he had to do right before that scene? Get all 3 pieces. The triforce is re-forming, hence why it's doing that, same with Ganon.
And ALTTP has the same process for the wish to be granted despite it being fully formed beforehand
..What? ALTTP the entire triforce is there, it's not a fetch quest to get the 3 pieces and reform them it's already formed.

This thread is a mess. Either Link wins decisively, or this is an Incon with Link still winning more times than not.

GiverOfThePeace said:
Alright so i'm gonna show someone doing the post-man sidequest w/o the bunny hood. Meaning Link can't count the 10 seconds:

What the speedrunner does, is just use their irl stopwatch and count it to 10 seconds:

Meaning the timer there is moving to 10 seconds in real time. Now the bunny hood can fully count the 10 seconds:

The Post-Man then acknowledges you doing perfectly 10 seconds saying you have good reflexes.

So DMC's would need.

D. It be canon.
Wait so it's comepletely possible without the bunny hood and the bunny hood only provides a timer?

Dienomite22 said:
GiverOfThePeace said:

So DMC's would need.

D. It be canon.
Wait so it's comepletely possible without the bunny hood and the bunny hood only provides a timer?
I feel like r/wooosh is acceptable

@ZephyrosOmega

Can you explain what is going on?

@GiverOfThePeace

I literally don't get it, not trying to be a dick or anything. The first 2 links show the timer going at normal secongs but disappear off the screen and the 3rd link does the same but the timer doesn't disappear.

They're dissapearing off screen because Link can't accurately react. Bunny Hood can. The 3rd link it doesn't dissapear because he's wearing the Bunny Hood mask which allows him to accurately react.

Back