• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Link Start! The Sword Art Online Discussion Thread #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Iirc, Kawahara Reki vehemently denies any connection between SAO and Accel World.

• Then proceeds to make "Versus: SAO vs Accel World"

I always wanted to make Accel World and Log Horizon characters for the wiki. It'd be pretty cool.

Here's a pretty good feat for Log Horizon characters too. Looks like 8-A to 7-C feats to me: https://youtu.be/WvNEMSz6GpY

Nice.

I'm actually working on a Silver Crow page currently in my sandbox, but can't find a single good picture whatsoever.

Yeah, but the thing is, they turn into their network avatar and are allowed to freely move around, hence the "pseudo" part of it.

Or, I can probably make pink pig FTL+. ┬»\_(Òâä)_/┬»

Here's a more action-oriented picture. Plus it's more accurate to the anime:
Silver.Crow.Better

Kuroiha said:
Yeah, but the thing is, they turn into their network avatar and are allowed to freely move around, hence the "pseudo" part of it.
Or, I can probably make pink pig FTL+. ┬»\_(Òâä)_/┬»
Latter's more on point

Statistics Amp it done darn be

Apparently SAO Alicization episode 7 is gonna completely skip the Zakkaria tournament, so as a summary: Kirito and Eugeo have to go through this tournament to enter the Sword Academy in Centoria (This is to get into the city itself so that they have a chance to find Alice again).

Anyways of course they win (but not without some struggle ofc) and enter the academy. Sooo yeah. That's that. Sucks that they're skipping the tournament. Gigguk would've been proud.

Yeah, tbh there's quite a bit of setup for future events in the tournament that the anime will have to either explain or give enough clues so that the audience can figure it out.

Yeah... But there are already 10+ youtube videos on how "SWORT ARD ONLINE S3 M@KES NO SENSE!!11!!11!", so...

I'm also wondering how they'll show Incarnation on screen.

To be fair not many people exactly have any openness left in their minds to keep for SAO

Aincrad, Fairy Dance, even Ordinal Scale were all so massively flawed of course they'd turn a blind eye to SAO 2 and Alictization's stuff they get right. Which was enough stuff to make watching those 2 actually enjoyable.

Oh yeah, it had good qualities

Of course in some moments of the movie I could literally hear Geoff screaming through my screen

Such as that time Asuna just said "lol I got my memories back cause secret diary kek"

Which completely defused the conflict and thereby the presentation of the theme. If it was an actual struggle for Kirito to get their precious memories back, I would have liked it a bit more.

In fact, the whole ending of the movie just throws the quality of the first part out the window. It basically boils down to "muh if you steal too much memories somehow people die IDK", Kayaba's ghost shows up out of nowhere with no elaboration, and the fight with AINCRAD is just a middle finger to every form of logic you thought SAO possessed some semblance of

Not to mention, Kirito was abusing his Kirito powers way too much. He goes from 10-C to 9-C within like a week. Not to mention, the visuals really didn't line up with the AR setting, IE, Eiji jumping off a pretty tall thing without so much as leg recoil and AR sword clashing that somehow lets Kirito square off against him in a Sword fight.

So yeah

Didn't like Ordinal Scale that much, but, then again, I didn't hate it. It did have a good general direction, but got derailed before it could see it through.

I enjoyed OS, but it was heavily flawed. But I did enjoy the final boss battle though.

Also, is UW Kirito vs Ruby possible? Because it seems pretty even tbh.

NO

MORE

RWBY

CEASE

DISIST

COMMIT UNALIVE

... Also I wonder if GGO players could backscale from AINCRAD like Kirito considering Sinon was also in on the fight

But maybe that'll make scaling confusing

Episode 7 is finally out and we finally have an explanation to the powers! Woo!

Also I just realized Incarnation (the imagination thing that I quoted in the OP) isn't on any of the characters' profiles except for Alice and kiiind of Kirito, but it's never explained in general.

Someone's gotta add that. That, or I'll add it later when I can get my skinny arse out of bed.

Also it's revealed in this episode that if you use Incarnation (or in this case confidence) in battles, it literally warps reality to let you have an advantage, as seen with the spar between Kirito and his senpai. Her confidence was so high that it made her win, even though Kirito had far superior Object Control Authority.

Would this mean all characters that use Incarnation have minor Reality Warping or Probability Manipulation?

Probably Plot Manipulation because it's Reki achknowledging he's bad at writing video games kek

Plot Manip seems a bit too far-fetched.

It's probably just Reality Warping or Probability Manipulation.

It was a joke

It's obviously not plot manipulation

Heck the Tabletop's version which is literally called "Plot Armor" isn't even plot manipulation

A true Richter 3 wouldn't just effect a building.

Reason fictional earthquakes are so forked is because AOE

Yeah, I thought about that, which is why the calc is most likely wrong, but when I was in the middle of doing it, I just gave up and did what the instructions told me to.

So is everyone down for adding limited Reality Warping to everyone that can use Incarnation?

I'll update the abilities section and the information for Incarnation if this gets approved.

It'd be something like this: Limited Reality Warping (via Incarnation. Allows the user to bend the world's laws to their whims to an extent via their willpower or imagination, either to increase the chances of winning a fight against stronger opponents, increase the range of attacks, or create miracles not possible with standard Sacred Arts. All beings in the Underworld are capable of this, however only those who recognize this ability can consciously use it to their advantage)

Edit: I think it being Limited Probability Manipulation makes more sense, since it would be redundant to repeat Spatial manip and Transformation in the Reality Warp description.

This is what it would look like: Limited Probability Manipulation (via Incarnation. Can increase the chances of a desired event occuring, such as winning a fight against stronger opponents, through sheer willpower, confidence in succeeding, or imagination)

Also any user of Incarnation should have this weakness: If (Insert user here) loses willpower, confidence, or imagination on succeeding in an event, Incarnation will not activate or even lower the chances of (Insert user here) succeeding in said event.

Tell me what you guys prefer, reality warp or prob manip.

Kirito via incarnation can have a sword fight using an invisible sword being swung by his brain. I highly doubt Probability Manipulation plays a hand at that. I'm down with Reality Manipulation though.

The Incarnation most people in UW use is very limited, Statistics Amplifacion only. The real one is used by very few people (Kirito, Bercouli, Alice, Eugeo, and a few others)

Imo I still think everyone that uses Incarnation uses Limited Probability Manipulation instead of Statistics Amplification, because it changes the laws of the world in their favor to win, albeit by a small amount for most of the citizens of the Underworld, and it can only be canceled by someone with equal or better Incarnation.

>changes the laws of the world

Then that's just Law Manipulation

Well not just laws obviously, like change the world itself, or the state of the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back