• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Link Start! The Sword Art Online Discussion Thread #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure Eugeo's interaction with the villain will turn lewd somehow. While Alice goes tsun tsun with Kirito.

A-1 will find a way.

You know the most depressing thing about SAO

Every time I turn on an episode, I always get "Antiplex" at the beginning.

It reminds me I could be instead watching Gurren Lagann instead of screaming at the screen at how much Asuna is being a complete brat to her mother or whatever I'm watching at the time

That from the cover m8?

That said, we're gonna have to update her profile to Alicization status sooner or later.

yo, anyone know how to make stuff on wiki. I wanna make a verse and some profiles on fc\oc wiki but I have no idea on how to do that.

Also ep 9 of alicazation is out

Just do your homework and fill out Standard Format for Character Profiles

On FC/OC it's either the above or here, specifically the part below which I am putting in a tab thingy:

-Insert a portrait of the character here. Standard size is 400px thumbnail and the alignment is to the right.

If you wish, you can place a quote from the character or anything of them below the header image.
Summary
Whenever a profile is made it usually starts with a Summary so naturally this has to be a requirement. However should it be longer than say, one-two paragraph(s), it will pretty much turn into a backstory (that or if your summary is basically a backstory that tells who and what your character is, then you should change this to Backstory instead).

Appearance and Personality
Note: These can be separated into their own sections.

All the characters are required to include this as it gives more meaning to the character (it's more towards personality than appearance but both are still essential either way).

There is a page that you can use to help develop your character's personality, with it being here, it is essential if one wants to make a good OC here.

In addition, there's also an online Litmus test that you can take if you're curious as to weather your character is a Mary Sue/Gary Stu or is not and turns out as an interesting character. There is a score range at the end that allows you to know how much of a mary sue your OC is...or not.

Personal Statistics
While this could be a requirement it may restrict the creation of certain characters so it's optional. If you do want to include them however then you can do so, the following given below should be filled out. (Most of them are pretty straight-forward, those being written with "self-explanatory" in front of them)

Alignment:

Name:
The character's true name, and/or common name/epithets

Origin: The name of the fiction which the character is from, with a link to the Verse page (if verse page is made. if not made, just name the verse they came from)

Classification: Character's class/race etc.

Date of Birth: Self-explanatory

• Zodiac/Horoscope: Self-explanatory
Birthplace: Self-explanatory

Weight: Self-explanatory

Height: Self-explanatory

Dislikes: Self-explanatory

Eye Color: Self-explanatory

Hair Color: Self-explanatory

Hobbies: What do they normally like to do

Values: What are their main values in life that they hold dear to and/or of it being important in their lives.

Martial Status: This is where you write the status you're character has in terms of weather they are single, married, widowed, divorced, etc.

Status: This is where you write to state if you're character is alive, dead/deceased, missing, etc.

Affiliation: Who are the people they are affiliated with now

Previous Affiliation: Who are the people they were previously affiliated with before

Themes:

Combat Statistics
-Explaining your characters powers and abilities is always important as this is also a VS wiki. All the stats given below should be filled out.

Note: This is very important to do in general and at all times. One particular reason of this is so that it allows people, both newcomers and veterans of the site here, to read and understand why a character is given the stats they have on their page. It doesn't have to be set right away and though it's technically not a mandatory rule, putting in reasons is very appreciative and because of what was said earlier here: So that people can know WHY they are rated as such.

Also, it is very important that you have reasonable explanations on your characters stats and anything else like their personality or such stuff on them, be it in-universe explanation or feats or lore even or so on; especially on those of Tier's 2, 1, and 0. (You can look into our in-depth blog of said high tiers here to get an idea of how they are in each scale of tiering).

Tier: Current Tier of the character (in bold)

Powers and Abilities: A list of the character's general abilities (Please add links to the "Powers and Abilities" pages, if it is possible)

Attack Potency: The character's attack power or destructive capacity (in bold; add any explanations using brackets, not in bold)

Speed: It is generally "Combat Speed" (in bold)

Lifting Strength: The weight the character can lift/move, usually expressed in tons. However it is optional since lifting strength generally doesn't matter in most fights (in bold)

Striking Strength: The attack power of the character's physical attacks/blows (in bold)

Durability: The amount of attack power the character can withstand before being overwhelmed (in bold)

Stamina: Self-explanatory

Range: The distance the character's attacks/abilities can cover

Standard Equipment: Things the character usually uses, or carries with him

Intelligence: Self-explanatory

Weaknesses: Self-explanatory

Feats: List all of the character's amazing feats. Strength feats, speed feats, durability feats, etc. You can judge a person's power by their feats

Notable Attacks/Techniques: A list of some abilities the character generally uses

Key: For characters who have transformation stages/power-ups or who become stronger through certain points of the story, insert those transformations/power-ups/timelines here in bold

Note: Self-explanatory

Notable Attacks and Techniques
-Explaining your characters notable techniques is almost as important as explaining your character's powers and abilities so this is naturally a requirement. (Note: Notable Attack and Techniques is also be placed within the powers and stats section as noted above by default. It's just more convenient to put it as a separate header due to the amount of info that might be put on a characters page.)

Other
Notable Victories:

Notable Losses:

Inconclusive Matches:

Trivia

Okay, so apparently episode 9 was just setup for the next episode. Woooooooh boy will next episode cause a stir.

Oh boy A-1 the fate of Alicitization rests on your shoulders

I know you've messed up on almost every turn up till this point but

DON'T

FORK

UP

To be fair the previous 2 episodes were fine. The only big fhek ups that I remembered were:

• Asuna telling her friend group CLASSIFIED GOVERNMENT INFORMATION and Kikouka didn't hush her about it. In the light novel Asuna actually had a brain and did actually keep it a secret.
  • Asuna having internet access on the Ocean Turtle whereas in the light novel she didn't, because if she did, she could possibly contact anybody and possibly leak this info... which she does in the anime. Smart move for Kikouka in the light novels for blocking internet access. Dumb move for Kikouka in the anime because HE LET HER USE THE AMUSPHERE ON THE OCEAN TURTLE, TELLING EVERYBODY.
  • The entire GGO section of episode 1 which didn't make any sense to add other than reintroduce Laughing Coffin, even though later on it's hinted at anyways. The light novels never had the GGO section, so it's anime original.
So to be honest, not that much, but those three combined kiiinda weigh down the anime a bit. Btw I recommend watching the Youtuber Gamerturk and his SAO explained videos. He's extreeeeemely knowledgeable on SAO, so he can go into much more detail than I ever could. Also don't watch Foxen, he's just clickbait.

I love how Reki gets all the bad rep but in secret it's just the adapting process that messes up everything

.... maybe I should read the novels someday when I have money

It'd help make more sense of the Tabletop RPG, as well as detail cut events, so yeah it's worth it.

There's also an audiobook of the Aincrad Arc on Youtube by the way. Keep in mind though that the light novel Aincrad Arc and the anime Aincrad Arc are veeery different in pacing. As in, the light novel Aincrad Arc doesn't need to worry about Kirito hanging out with any other girl except Asuna, because they literally don't exist at this point in the novels. They're from side stories, whereas in the anime A-1 shoehorned the girls' side stories in instead of fleshing out the world like Reki does in the light novel.

tfw you find out that it's actually not reki's fault at all SAO is trash and now your entire world is a lie

well I mean I'd like to

buy the books

assuming they don't suck of course

Oh don't get me wrong, Reki does do some dumb stuff sometimes (like super AIDS, even though Mother's Rosario is a good arc in my opinion fite me). It's just that all of the blame gets put on Reki, and he isn't as bad as everyone makes him out to be. He's just a dude who started off as an amateur writer like you and I, who coincidentally got his work popular and constantly continues to improve his work. I mean, just compare the Aincrad Arc to the GGO Arc or Alicization Arc so far.

DMUA said:

tfw you find out that it's actually not reki's fault at all SAO is trash and now your entire world is a lie

well I mean I'd like to

buy the books

assuming they don't suck of course
You do know there's an entire archive with like 16 volumes for free, right?

Yes but I'm not a forking pirate

Unless it's the DBS Manga or DBH by which case totally

Consuming media without supporing the creators is kinda piracy

Yeah

as it turns out people who make things usually need money

I mean, of course Reki doesn't need it because he has a ton of it already, but out of principle and such

I dunno man, looking at Kirito I can't see him as 9-C. Eiji was still handily beating Kirito in all of their encounters, and the only reason why Kirito won was because he found Eiji's weakness to the exosuit.

The only other person I could pooooosibly see as 9-C is Agil, but I still think he's 10-A imo. I mean, 10-A to baseline 9-C isn't that high of a gap, so I can see a 10-A beating a 9-C in a fight. Eiji should be the only 9-C character in AR/real life.

Also do you think we should have separate profiles for the Gameverse stuff? I reaaaaally wanna add in Rain or the two Mikos/Goddesses (depending on the translation), or people who have unique movesets. We wouldn't even have to add a separate profile for gamerverse Kirito/the canon cast because they'd be basically the same, unless we're talking about Hollow Realization.

Edit: Also I kinda wanna add other Reki works, such as Accel World on this wiki. It'd be pretty cool.

Video game stuff can still be put here, such as Xenoverse from Dragon Ball.

Gameverse characters are okay to add, unless they're a one and done kind of deal, but we need to know what separates them from the typical "scale everyone and their mothers to Kirito" profiles?

Most if not everyone in the SAOverse are at this point, anyway.

Hollow Realization profiles probably have all new scaling. I could watch a let's play for it, but I know at least one of the Mikos/Goddesses can create an incomplete Aincrad, so that can be calced.

Xmark12 said:
Kirito was still using his plot armor sword and was clashing against Eiji pretty well in a phyiscal fight. Eiji was stronger yes, but I don't think it's to nearly that degree.

Besides, I wonder what kinda dura Eiji has for taking that one jump in the Kagachi fight...

Boom boom, updated the summary up at the top because episode 10 just came out!

Actually, that scene was everything done right when including sexual assault into an anime

It aims to disturb you rather then arouse you. You want to look away, not because otherwise you'd feel like a pervert, but because it's actually pretty horrific to see

Of course holey doley they went from Zero to Book of Mormon with that disarming

Alright, when the new episode comes out imma make a new discussion thread. This is getting a wee bit too long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back