• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Link Start! The Sword Art Online Discussion Thread #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xmark12

FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
New thread: https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/2470128

Alicization episode 11 just dropped. Eugeo got pimp slapped by Alice. Eugeo's page gives him a heartfelt speech while Kirito's page just gives him lunch before they go to jail, neat. A day and a half later the two break out of jail, cuz Jesus-ku-- oh wait they actually used strategy to get out... huh. Well, uh.... it's better explained in the light novels! Gotta keep the SAO hate train going somehow!

A full year of SAO bois. Grab your popcorn, check out Digibro for consistent SAO hate-- Wait. Digi quit his SAO episodic reviews. Crap. Sad lyfe.

Note: Keep spoilers of the future to a minimum.

Eugeo

I've already read a good chunk of Alicization. The episode was well-paced. Though, I'm worrying about Eugeo.

I only read summaries of Alicization and some chapters from the light novel to get some feats, what are you worried about for Eugeo?

Lmao, it's only a matter of time before Eugeo joins the harem.

Lmao. Also Alice.

I also REALLY enjoyed the Alicization opening. By far the best after Mother's Rosario.

It showed how Kirito and Eugeo were practically brothers.

Everyone is in Kirito's harem.

Also yeaaaaaaah, same! Mother's Rosario's OP was my fav SAO OP, but now this one is pretty up there too.

Yep, it's pretty good.

I think it's important to note that the new episode of Abridged also got unblocked by Sony a couple days ago...

I know, yeeee.

I watched it on Twitch beforehand though, but pretty sweet seeing it back on Youtube. To be honest I was wondering if I could make a blog post detailing Abridged!Kirito's stats (And just so you'd know I'd only be using what's shown on screen as feats, so it wouldn't be the same as canon Kirito's stats).

@Blah Yes it is.

Anyhow, a little off-topic, but Kirito is gonna get upgraded to 6-B/6-A (Alicization Only) right? I remember someone saying that.

I just want Crunchyroll to make it release faster for us plebs

I remember being able to watch DBS the day after

Good Times

Until the last episode dropped and made me hate DB for Months

DMUA said:
I just want Crunchyroll to make it release faster for us plebs
I remember being able to watch DBS the day after

Good Times

Until the last episode dropped and made me hate DB for Months
********* is pretty consistent with upload times.

Edit: DBS isn't that bad.

********* is also piracy

Not a majority of it, no. But the last episode where "lol all of your hopes and dreams are gay if you didn't revive all the universes and defuse all consequences this entire event have we would have erased you lol cause we planned this ahead of time and we're actually smart lol"

Not to mention hamfisted friendship out of left field and just it just generally made me mad cause you know what

I honestly expected the Zen-ohs to do the opposite and say "no u this is a purge boi" which would have actually been cool and dark and interesting and stuff and IF SOMEONE SAYS MUH KIDS SHOW I AM DESTROYING THE OUTERVERSE HAVE YOU WATCHED THE GOKU BLACK ARC AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

but yeah DBS just generally took every possible expectation you could have had and threw them out the window with the Tourney of Power's endgame

wait we're supposed to be talking about Sword Art Online The Tabletop RPG

Just gonna throw that shilling out there

DMUA said:
I honestly expected the Zen-ohs to do the opposite and say "no u this is a purge boi" which would have actually been cool and dark and interesting and stuff and IF SOMEONE SAYS MUH KIDS SHOW I AM DESTROYING THE OUTERVERSE HAVE YOU WATCHED THE GOKU BLACK ARC AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

but yeah DBS just generally took every possible expectation you could have had and threw them out the window with the Tourney of Power's endgame
There were over a billion theories on someone reviving all the universes.

On another note:

Looking at Mother's Basement's Twitter, seems like the dude is literally desperate for attention.

Dude made like 8 Alicization posts pointing out EVERY possible plothole, and started even ranting on how things didn't make sense, and it's obvious he hasn't read a single novel whatsoever.

snip that text boi

I mean, yes, I saw it coming, but I not only didn't want it to be true but I also didn't want it to be executed in such a poor and enraging fashion.

I honestly don't remember what was so revolting about it though, I rewatched the end and it was only moderately annoying.

I like how Alicization is taking a different approach outside other SAO seasons.

Asuna and the others joining up on GGO was a surprise for me and I wanted that to happen in S2 lol.

ProfessorKukui4Life said:
I like how Alicization is taking a different approach outside other SAO seasons.
Asuna and the others joining up on GGO was a surprise for me and I wanted that to happen in S2 lol.
Alicization is by FAR the best arc. I have read multiple of the novels already, and it can be estimated to stretch up to 50-70 episodes.

DMUA said:
snip that text boi
I mean, yes, I saw it coming, but I not only didn't want it to be true but I also didn't want it to be executed in such a poor and enraging fashion.
Well, yes, the ending was bland. Also knowing Akira, it's likely he'll add in UI + SSJ due to it being in base-form hair.

Kuroiha said:
Well, yes, the ending was bland. Also knowing Akira, it's likely he'll add in UI + SSJ due to it being in base-form hair.
To be fair it was mostly Toei doing DBS, Akira just kinda gave some pointers as per the plot and let them go wild... and fall on their rear end.

Lucky enough SAO gives me great inspiration for my virtual gaming story. Hell this new episodes already given me ideas lool.
I have a plot for you. The world is at war. The MC is about to get bombed to hell, and he wanted to say goodbye to the virtual world and his friends just once more.

Once inside the game, he met one of the admins that offered an expiremental program that would link their minds to the game permanently. Their mind would stay inside the game, but what happened to their physical body was unknown.

Kuroiha said:
Dude made like 8 Alicization posts pointing out EVERY possible plothole, and started even ranting on how things didn't make sense, and it's obvious he hasn't read a single novel whatsoever.
I don't care about or pay attention t twitter, and I haven't watched the ep yet, but "he hasn't read the novel" is a bad point to make. If an anime has to rely on a novel to be good, then it's a bad anime.

Of course judging an anime on one episode is hasty and I have no clue what he said, so I ain't defending anything, I just need to point this out.

Yeah

I mean, I for one, when I write my story that's totally unrelated to VR, would want to make a visual adaption that improves on the work using a visual medium instead of relying on it.

DMUA said:
Yeah
I mean, I for one, when I write my story that's totally unrelated to VR, would want to make a visual adaption that improves on the work using a visual medium instead of relying on it.
Again, my apologies on that. He's literally only watched one episode and he's already ******** on the arc.

Well SAO does give Mother's Basement that sweet, sweet ad revenue, and also tons of attention, so...

Well when you've been in the game long enough and you've seen nothing good of the series your optimism is drained completely dry I'd imagine

I mean I'd still be ranting about DB if not for the fact BROLY POWER MAXIMUM

SAO has not had a Broly Power Maxiumum, mostly because, for it's serious story that's told in a much different fashion to Dragon Ball, you can't just present overwhelming hype to fix narrative problems.

So while his criticism is very likely half baked and rushed, I don't blame him for pointing out all the problem's he's already seeing.

DMUA said:
So while his criticism is very likely half baked and rushed, I don't blame him for pointing out all the problem's he's already seeing.
I guess I can agree on that.

Kuroiha said:
Lucky enough SAO gives me great inspiration for my virtual gaming story. Hell this new episodes already given me ideas lool.
I have a plot for you. The world is at war. The MC is about to get bombed to hell, and he wanted to say goodbye to the virtual world and his friends just once more.
Once inside the game, he met one of the admins that offered an expiremental program that would link their minds to the game permanently. Their mind would stay inside the game, but what happened to their physical body was unknown.
Sounds cool.

Would you want to read my gaming story? I was thinking of posting my completed chapters (21 of them) as blogs here and I already have ch. 1 posted. Its the 1st one but maybe you'd like it.

Would you want to read my gaming story? I was thinking of posting my completed chapters (21 of them) as blogs here and I already have ch. 1 posted. Its the 1st one but maybe you'd like it.

Sure.

Alright bois, I added a new full body render to Kirito's profile in his Alicization key.

Got it straight from here, but edited it a little to finish up the sheath, some of the pommel of the Night Sky Sword, and removed the particle effects that were a part of Alice.

I see Ruler.

Though wouldn't the correct term be that Ruler looks like Alice? SAO novel 09 came out like 10 months before Fate Apocrypha's novel imo.

Okay yeah the face is Ruler, the body's Saber, lol.

And :thinking:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back