• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Link fights another Devil May Cry Character

Status
Not open for further replies.
Link (Composite) VS. Void Mundus, here we go. Possibly a battle for the 5th-strongest 3-A. Who will win? I dunno, let's find out, shall we? Speed is obviously equalized.

Link:

Mundus:

Inconclusive:

Can Link deal with low multiversal BFR+sleep manipulation or passive Madness manipulation (Type 3), corruption (type 3), Disease manipulation, Fear manipulation and space-time manipulation hax?

Kind of feels like a stomp for Mundus. Link doesn't really have the abilities to effect him, especially given the Non-Existent physiology.

Dienomite22 said:
Can Link deal with low multiversal BFR+sleep manipulation or passive Madness manipulation (Type 3), corruption (type 3), Disease manipulation, Fear manipulation and space-time manipulation hax?
Madness Manip Type 3, Corruption Type 3, Fear Manipulation, Space-Time hax, and BFR are all hax that Link does not resist.

Come to think of it the fact Link can't resist fear hax means Dante could beat him too since it's passive in his baseform after his DMC2 key.

I actually believe Dante's(and all demons) fear hax is actually madness manipulation (type 3). I originally made the additions but looking at the quote makes me reconsider calling it fear manipulation. Dante would still have fear manipulation since that has a seperate showcase but his DT would cause Madness type 3.

Dienomite22 said:
I actually believe Dante (and all demons) fear hax is actually madness manipulation (type 3). I originally made the additions but looking at the quote makes me reconsider calling it fear manipulation. Dante would still have fear manipulation but his DT would cause Madness type 3.
Fear and Madness hax damn.

inb4 All DMC characters get listed as eldritch horrors

You know with all the hax revisions the DMC characters are getting, i'm starting to wonder if Low 2-C Dante could take on D with his Akashic Records restricted.

Subset of mind manipulation so Link resists fear and madness.

Also nonexistent physiology got severely nerfed as an ability recently. It eventually became glorified intangibility with immunity to existence erasure.

Link seals. Or APs given he wasn't oneshot by DMC5 Dante.

Ah. Type 3. The one that's resisted by anyone who's seen anything remotely eldritch. Which is worse than type 2.

@The real cal howard

Madness Type 3 isn't related to mind manipulation and you skipped like all the other passives abilities Void Mundus has.

Oblivion Of The Endless said:
When NEP was nerfed btw? Do you have the link of the thread?
Theres two types of NEP currently. Type 1 which is lacking any physical form, and beyond being affected by anything physical (Like a glorified Intangible or Non-Coporeal) and Type 2, which is not existing conceptually.

Half the stuff isn't present in his battle so I ignored it. As that takes the utmost priority. But I'll address it.

Sleep. There's a mask for that.

BFR. Magic Mirror.

Disease. Immortality.

Corruption. I made that page so I know type three here is a subset of mind manipulation.

I don't have the thread but it was brought up by Dragon when he was discussing NEP for Digimon.

Also why is speed equal they're both MFTL

AogiriKira said:
When NEP was nerfed btw? Do you have the link of the thread?
Theres two types of NEP currently. Type 1 which is lacking any physical form, and beyond being affected by anything physical (Like a glorified Intangible or Non-Coporeal) and Type 2, which is not existing conceptually.
Nothing changed then

You still need feats of affecting type 1 unless you have conceptual manip type 2

Everything besides sleep manipulation and BFR is passive and occurs just by Mundus existing.

Sleep and BFR, would have to use it before getting sucked into the portal.

Immortality doesn't prevent disease manipulation and works on those with 1, 2 and 3 .

Corruption isn't mind based, it's caused by breathing in demonic air.

Im pretty sure thats not how it works, otherwise everyone with NPI can affect nonexistents which I severely doubt it
Yeah. Exactly. They can. Hence "nerf".

Im pretty sure thats not how it works, otherwise everyone with NPI can affect nonexistents which I severely doubt it
IMO NPI needs to be changed and have types added.

There are different types of NPI (affecting elemental intangibles, spirits/souls, non-corporeals on another plane)

Link to this thread? because I remember a discussion that said NEP isn't typical Intangibility or affected by typical NPI

Dude it was so many months ago in some random thread that it would be impossible for me to find it.

But the gist of it was that anyone who can harm ghosts can harm those with NPI, they just can't EE them.

AogiriKira said:
Saying NPI automatically negates NEP sounds like a big NLF
Not as big an NLF as having a single buzzword making you immune to everything.

Also keep in mind you're talking to the Lavos guy, and Lavos thrives off of NEP.

The real cal howard said:
Dude it was so many months ago in some random thread that it would be impossible for me to find it.
But the gist of it was that anyone who can harm ghosts can harm those with NPI, they just can't EE them.
I think that means states similiar to a "ghost" or spirit can be affect by those with NPI, not that NEP can be affected by those with normal NPI.

Dienomite22 said:
Everything besides sleep manipulation and BFR is passive and occurs just by Mundus existing.

Immortality doesn't prevent disease manipulation and works on those with 1, 2 and 3.
Also like...proof? Of the passives? In-game proof at that? I take passive abilities with a massive grain of salt.

Also corruption in that case would be type 2, which Link resists.

I think that means states similiar to a "ghost" or spirit can be affect by those with NPI, not that NEP can be affected by those with normal NPI.

I know what it meant. And my statement remains unchanged.

@The real cal howard

All on the profile in Void Mundus' tab

Also, when does Link resists any form of corruption? Because it's not on his profile.

The real cal howard said:
Dienomite22 said:

Immortality doesn't prevent disease manipulation and works on those with 1, 2 and 3.
Also like...proof? Of the passives? In-game proof at that? I take passive abilities with a massive grain of salt.

Also corruption in that case would be type 2, which Link resists.
These passives aren't game abilities. They are taken from novels, and other source material.

ZephyrosOmega said:
Passives get very wanked sometimes on this wiki
Sometimes? More like always. This isn't even DMC I'm talking about. I haven't seen a single verse where we don't suck off passives like its Lex Steel in a Mia Khalifa video. And treat them as the NLF inconsistencies they are, and this is coming from someone who has two characters with passives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back