• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Let's talk about Natsu's profile

The_Calaca

VS Battles
Retired
No introductions, I attempted to work on this before and I made a draft for the profile in my sandbox here.

The hardest part is the X792 keys, but I feel that the X784 and X791 looks good.

P&A and Notable Techniques is also way better if we use keys. Otherwise people will need to scroll down a lot.

Feel free to ask for anything comparing it to the current accepted profile. I think I have an answer for almost every change I made there, and let me know if I missed something important. I didn't erase vital information nor made changes to the tiering or abilities.

Note: I'm going to fix his 100YQ's profile accordingly, since the information there is quite redundant, especially the P&A when we have his main profile to do the job.

BTW, we need to find some better images for some keys. It looks really terrible to have many different formats for every pic.

I'll be honest and not hold anything back

I don't like your changes, personally don't like the format of it and think it becomes more confusing, but once again, that's my personal preference

I understand that you might be angry for it and dislike this since you're the one who has worked the most on this profile, but when I first start the edits I noticed a LOT of format issues that shouldn't be there to begin with, redundant sentences and an overly exaggerated explanation for almost everything when the scaling can work with much less.

Even if the tiering proposal isn't accepted, I still think that the other things like the needlessly long reasoning and some useless sentences and repeated links should be gone.

You might like better the previous because that's what you used to see, but for the rest of the wiki this needs to be clear and straightforward, and his profile currently is not.

I'm not angry, I think it's fine if you remove unnecessary sentences, but once again, I disagree with the format, I believe it becomes more confusing, and I don't like all the tabbers, this is my opinion, and once again, if everyone prefers his profile changes to this, then I'm ok with it, I just believe that everything looks fine as it is now bar some small changes

It does a good job on cutting down the clutter, though the many tabs for his different techniques isn't great because all the Moves keep overlapping each other.

I still think Natsu's profile would recieve a lot of benefit from being split in two, but that might just be me.

If you have any suggestion, feel free to tell me.

@Damage I think the same, but this might not be accepted at all so this is the second best option.

Alright, I'll try to compromise, how about this, we don't need the complete transformation names

Tier: 7-C, 7-B with DF or LFDM | Low 7-B, 7-B with LFDM or Hellfire, at least 7-A with DF | At least 7-A, High 7-A with FDKM, higher with Dragonification, High 6-C with DF, at least High 6-C, possibly High 6-B with Savage Dragon Fire | High 7-A | High 6-C, higher with FDKM | At least High 6-C, possibly High 6-B

Key:
In X784 | In X791 | In X792 | E.N.D. | Igneel's Power | Seven Flames Dragon Mode

I'm still opposed to using Tabs for his Techniques

Tabs is a good idea for Abilities and Powers when the list is extremely long.

I think the keys Mitch made just above are better but we should definitely use the tabs since it makes it easier for those unfamiliar with him to find the relevant powers and abilities.

X791 Base Natsu has an "At least" for Dragon Force because Etherious Mard Geer has an "At least", and DF Natsu is High 6-C via being comparable/superior to Base Zeref

I actually like Mitch's proposal. I'm going to update the sandbox accordingly if everyone is okay with that.

At first I thought that using the full name for the transformation was something necessary, at least the first time, to let people know what the initials are.

Not X791, but X792 for the At Least. X792 DF Natsu isnt comparable to Base Zeref.

Zeref even said that it wasn't enough

I also thinks this makes it more convoluted. Putting all his forms under one tab makes it harder to realise where is what. I personally agree with Damage on splitting the profile.

Edit: actually, Mitch's proposal seems fine too.

As Anon said, with the proposed format splitting the profile isn't necessary.

I've updated the sandbox with Mitch's suggestion.

I'll contact some staff members to let them compare and say what they think about this.

DF X792 Natsu is comparable or even stronger than Base Zeref, he managed to obliterate Fairy Heart Zerefs Body and Base Natsu was already lightly damaging Zeref, Dragon Force Natsu should scale to High 6-C, Zeref just meant that he couldn't kill him, anyways they're comparable

Still against using tabs for his techniques, you can use tabs for his powers and abilities, but techniques should stay as they are, can you make that compromise with me

^Same. I don't have to scroll down there so I don't mind either way. Maybe try get someone who isn't into FT and see which they prefer/find easier to read.

Getting rid of the tab for the techniques is one of my biggest problems with that. There's no structure without them.

Originally the transformations had a tabber on their own, but I noticed that I could merge each transformation description with its own technique tabber instead, saving more space with that.

The list is so long that it takes ages to scroll down, and you can find each set of techniques this way in a couple of second, just reading the tabbers, rather than reading through the full list.

It's OK, I made a promise to stop micromanaging and worrying about this stuff, so using Tabbers for the Techniques is ok

Thank you for being comprehensive. This is to make Natsu's profile looks better after all.

Do we need all of those images for Natsu to go at the top? Perhaps some of them could go in a gallery?

I'm not saying to take the images off the profile, but right now it looks a little too clustered.

So does Ichigo's and Naruto's page, can you please just leave the images at the top as they are, can you guys give me this

I have no problems with the images being there. I just say that we need better images for some forms.

Ichigo's number of images is ridiculous too, but since you seem extremely attached to them I won't press the point. I just think the sheer number of images creates a cluttered feel, especially with the overlapping tabs.

I'm honestly indifferent to splitting his profile by the year or having his forms work like Mitch suggested. Both seem like effective ways to smooth out his profiles.

Calaca Vs said:
If you're not going to help, please don't bring unnecessary comments.
I'm going to help.

Fire Dragon King's Brilliant Flame (þéÄþ½£þÄïÒü«þàîþéÄ Enryüō no Kōe) is a Fire Dragon Slayer Magic Spell: The user charges up a dark ball of fire from their palms and focuses the blast in the direction of their release point that fires akin to a meteor.

Fire Dragon King's Purgatory (þéÄþ½£þÄïÒü«þàëþìä Enryüō no Rengoku) is a Fire Dragon Slayer Magic Spell: The user releases an huge amount of fire all over their body while intensely burning their target and everything around them before creating a spherical explosion.

Back