• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Leonardo Da Vinci vs Medea (Caster Showdown)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OH!! match from same verse,hmmm.....omoshiroi.....

Hmm,this is hard,but i guess i learning with Da Vinci here with low mid difficulty here,Da Vinci have her NBG wich is be useful here,and don't forget her NP who is can counter anything Medea have here.

Da Vinci looks to have the advantage with greater intelligence, versatility thanks to Natural Born Genius / Pioneer of the Stars, and Uomo Universale.

Caster FRA ovo.

Da Vinci seems to have the edge here. Natural Born Genius grants her the edge in versatility, she is smarter, and if Uomo Universale can adapt to bypass barriers that will be troublesome as well

Ramesses the Sun King said:
Medea beams really hard and wins or if she is extra fancy she does spatial freezing before doing Rain of Light.
Spatial freezing won't work cuz Da Vinci gains Magic Resistance rank A. the beems can get reflected

Doesn't matter she won't have time to gain Magic Resistance A before getting hit by A rank beams or getting hit by spatial freezing. Also Da Vinci doesn't use Natural Born Genius very often.

In magecraft battle Medea wins easily. Especially considering she is an AoG magus while Da Vinci isn't. While Da Vinci is good there is a reason Medea is considered infinitely close to magicians and among the top 5 best magecraft users while Da Vinci isn't.

Doesn't matter she won't have time to gain Magic Resistance A before getting hit by A rank beams or getting hit by spatial freezing. Also Da Vinci doesn't use Natural Born Genius very often.
In magecraft battle Medea wins easily. Especially considering she is an AoG magus while Da Vinci isn't. While Da Vinci is good there is a reason Medea is considered infinitely close to magicians and among the top 5 best magecraft users while Da Vinci isn't.
iirc neiother Caster jumps in to attack first in character. they are blood lusted tho so maybe that doesn't matter

but this is not purely a mage craft battle. Da Vinci's NP is superior by far

Doesn't matter how much stronger Uomo Universale is if she dies to the beam spam before she can use it.
attack reflection covers that. She is comparable to Shielder who can match the fastest servants in combat (obviously not Edmund or F/E servants tho)

Are you saying Shielder is comparable to people like Achilles? Because that's completely wrong. Da Vinci can fight A rank agility Servants sure but there is still a gap in speed. Anyway speed doesn't matter here.

Attack Reflection comes from her Noble Phantasm so it won't save her from getting hit by A rank AoG beams at the start of the fight unless she uses her Noble Phantasm very early.

Are you saying Shielder is comparable to people like Achilles? Because that's completely wrong. Da Vinci can fight A rank agility Servants sure but there is still a gap in speed. Anyway speed doesn't matter here.
Attack Reflection comes from her Noble Phantasm so it won't save her from getting hit by A rank AoG beams at the start of the fight unless she uses her Noble Phantasm very early.
we talking activation and combat time, are we not? Achilles is a speedster even for the fastest of servants, so not him, nah.

They are bloodlusted, so she will

Medea is one of the top five magi in the Nasuverse.

No one in the modern era can match her in an all out battle of magecraft and Da Vinci is vastly inferior in terms of raw magic use.

Da Vinci's specialty is making stuff and analysis, but Medea is much better at all out obliterating her foes with her spatial lockdown -> beam spam combo.

Ok

This ain't a battle of pure magecraft. Da Vinci has a noble phantasm leeps and bounds superior to Medea's

Spatial Lock down ain't gonna do shit to anyone with Da Vinci's magic resist or anyone else with an A for that matter. Beam spam ain't gonna do shit to attack reflection

@Iapitus

Da Vinci doesn't have A-Rank Magic Resistance.

Attack Reflection isn't up passively.

Reppuzan said:
@Iapitus
Da Vinci doesn't have A-Rank Magic Resistance.

Attack Reflection isn't up passively.
Natural Born Genius means she does.

She doesn't gotta be Gagamaru to reflect attacks, why does that matter?

@Iapitus

It doesn't give her every skill automatically it gives her access to skills she wants.

She has to consciously try to obtain them.

I see, also doesn't Medea also need set up to access he True Magic? In that case, should I give them both the prep to do their territory creations?

@Iapitus

Not really.

Her beams of light only require a single word and she can teleport wordlessly at will.

Perhaps for the beams of light, but not for the time manipulation. What would it take to simply gain knowledge? Not much I imagine. Da Vinci is definitely atleast fast enough to contend with her spells long enough to activate her NP

@Iapitus

Medea doesn't use Time Manipulation. She's incompatible with the True Magic of the modern era.

It's not shown since Natural Born Genius has never been used in such a capacity in story.

Da Vinci also hasn't shown any spells on the level of something from the Age of Gods.

Da Vinci gets her rules broken, and then promptly kills herself because lolcommandspells. If we're assuming they don't have Masters, Da Vinci still loses because her NP is slow as hell and using it might kill her. Medea could easily outlast her in that case.

Well you know,i change my vote to Medea now For Rams reason's above,i forgot that Medea have superior magecraft and rule bereaker can negate her magic.

Inb4 Da Vinci is reverse Gilgamesh

Reppuzan said:
@Iapitus
Medea doesn't use Time Manipulation. She's incompatible with the True Magic of the modern era.

It's not shown since Natural Born Genius has never been used in such a capacity in story.

Da Vinci also hasn't shown any spells on the level of something from the Age of Gods.
In UBW she dead ass said she was tapping into the true magic, so idk where you got that from. Anyway, i meant spatial lock down.

yeah, but it seems a safe assumption.

Yes, but her Noble Phantams makes up for that. Da Vinci is all about analysis, as you said. If she knows she can't win through magic then she ain't gonna play a game she knows she'll lose. She'll go for her NP which trumps hard.

NotEvenHuman said:
Da Vinci gets her rules broken, and then promptly kills herself because lolcommandspells. If we're assuming they don't have Masters, Da Vinci still loses because her NP is slow as hell and using it might kill her. Medea could easily outlast her in that case.
Needs to cut her first, which she won't. A Rank Magic resist means she can last long enough. It isn't tho, that's just the animation. Really it varies as is needed to take down the enemy

@Iapitus

That's because True Magic was commonplace during the Age of Gods. Spatial Lockdown takes little time at all (High-Speed Divine Words). She was toying with Archer since she didn't believe him worth her time until he pulled out Caladbolg.

NP is really slow and she stashed the attack reflection function at Chaldea to keep it running.

The specifics of the attack vary, not how long it takes to use it. Also why would Medea be unable to stab Da VInci when all she needs to do it is teleport behind her and move her arm a few inches?

Even if you say the charge time is cinematic timing, Uomo Universale itself takes an ungodly amount of time to move to the enemy before exploding. The explosion is big enough to catch anyone trying to run away, so that's usually not a problem, but when the enemy can teleport? Yeah no.

Magic Resistance has nothing to do with Medea outlasting Da Vinci. Medea's defenses are way faster than Da Vinci's attacks, and also way stronger than anything we've seen Da Vinci do. She should also be much more efficient with her magical energy.

@Rep

so she can then. Doesn't she need prep to set it up its usability tho? Or am I remembering which spell that was.

Not really tho, that's just the animation. It adjusts its speed for the opponent

NotEvenHuman said:
The specifics of the attack vary, not how long it takes to use it. Also why would Medea be unable to stab Da VInci when all she needs to do it is teleport behind her and move her arm a few inches?
Even if you say the charge time is cinematic timing, Uomo Universale itself takes an ungodly amount of time to move to the enemy before exploding. The explosion is big enough to catch anyone trying to run away, so that's usually not a problem, but when the enemy can teleport? Yeah no.

Magic Resistance has nothing to do with Medea outlasting Da Vinci. Medea's defenses are way faster than Da Vinci's attacks, and also way stronger than anything we've seen Da Vinci do. She should also be much more efficient with her magical energy.
What ya mean? don't forget Da Vinci has access to Mind's Eye false, so I doubt she would be ablt to

I am saying both are cinematic timing. Both Vary per enemy. The attack would change to be an attack that a teleporter could not deal with, that's the nature of DV's noble phantasm

Speed varies for her NP, so it will be as fast as is needed to get around those defenses.

"Stronger than anything we've seen her do." No shit, Da Vinci ain't got an anime appearence nor particular statements in that regard. So we don't know. Do you have a basis or that efficiency claim?

@Iapitus

Medea doesn't need prep for her spells due to her High-Speed Divine Words. The only prep she needed was to set up Ryuudou Temple as her anchor point in order to drain mana from Fuyuki City's leyline and its people.

Official Da Vinci Noble Phantasm Description:

The legendary omnipotence associated with Leonardo da Vinci given shape. It instantly analyzes the target(s) and adjusts his/her greatest attack in accordance with that target(s) before firing, commonly called an all-purpose, specially-made Noble Phantasm. Apparently, it is originally a reflection-type Noble Phantasm that repels attacks by provisionally composing the enemy's Noble Phantasm on the spot, but those resources are being utilized for the sake of administrating Chaldea.[1][2]

In Fate/Grand Order, a different shape of his/her omnipotence is demonstrated. In other words, it is a magical attack done by deforming in a flash his/her right gauntlet (a support-type, all-purpose gauntlet used for all states of warfare) and giving to the enemy camp a "compulsory" fixed damage by projecting pure magical energy. This damage is one that is not able to be reduced by any defensive-type Noble Phantasm and Skill, not to mention anti-magical energy abilities; that is to say, by putting together a super advanced formula technique that analyzes in real-time, every opponent becomes a susceptible target for his/her magical attack.
I see nothing about speed here.

@Rep

I need to re watch that part of UBW, but I'll take your word for it as of now

It says it adjusts the properties and power of the attack, I assumed that included speed. Regardless, her NP is not actually that slow. that is likely just the animation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back