• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Legend of Korra: FTL for the God tiers

Yes, you read that title correctly. As the title suggests, this would only qualify for Raava, Vaatu, Unavaatu, and Cosmic Korra. The rating would come from this scene:

When Korra comes back into the spirit world after her fight with Unavaatu, she comes down in a beam of light, with all of her friends and the dark spirits nearby appearing frozen in place. When Korra teleported away from the physical world, this was the position she was in, which means that as she was beaming down, she curled up further to protect Jinora (who she was holding) from the impending landing, ie she was perceiving her descent.

This is the part where I would point that every person in the tree is rated as MH+, but that would be calc stacking, so instead One of the people inside the tree is Mako, who is a lightningbender. I feel like I don't have to bring up this site's history regarding lightningbending, but just in case:

Iroh lightningbends
Iroh bends natural lightning
Bent lightning and real lightning are stated as comparable
WoG that lightningbending in Avatar and Korra are comparable

In conclusion: Spirit Korra moved at and was perceiving a speed where people who are officially confirmed to be as fast as lightning appeared as statues. This would make her speed 1,016,000,000 m/s, or FTL. Unavaatu would also get this rating because he fought Korra, as would unfused Vaatu because Vaatu was at his full power with Raava dead. The same would apply to Raava at full power because she is Vaatu's equal and opposite.

Last edited:
I don't necessarily disagree with this but it's really really vague.
They might as well have been "frozen" due to the sudden burst of light disorienting them
3x FTL won't be bad for god tiers

This is the part where I would point that every person in the tree is rated as MH+, but that would be calc stacking, so instead One of the people inside the tree is Mako, who is a lightningbender. I feel like I don't have to bring up this site's history regarding lightningbending, but just in case:
This doesn't solve the Calc Stacking issue in any way.

How fast is Mako moving in that particular scene, not in general. That's what is important.

Yes, you read that title correctly. As the title suggests, this would only qualify for Raava, Vaatu, Unavaatu, and Cosmic Korra. The rating would come from this scene:

When Korra comes back into the spirit world after her fight with Unavaatu, she comes down in a beam of light, with all of her friends and the dark spirits nearby appearing frozen in place. When Korra teleported away from the physical world, this was the position she was in, which means that as she was beaming down, she curled up further to protect Jinora (who she was holding) from the impending landing, ie she was perceiving her descent.

Iroh lightningbends
Iroh bends natural lightning
Bent lightning and real lightning are stated as comparable
WoG that lightningbending in Avatar and Korra are comparable

In conclusion: Spirit Korra moved at and was perceiving a speed where people who are officially confirmed to be as fast as lightning appeared as statues. This would make her speed 1,016,000,000 m/s, or FTL. Unavaatu would also get this rating because he fought Korra, as would unfused Vaatu because Vaatu was at his full power with Raava dead. The same would apply to Raava at full power because she is Vaatu's equal and opposite.

You didn't solve the calc stacking problem. You just said oh well since they are mh+ and consistently react to lightning then all of them must be at least lightning speed. That's hiding calc.

Also this can't even scale combat speed. It's just her travel speed

I don't see the "frozen" part on this video either? Like I'm seeing one frame where all the characters are still while looking at the sky but this can easily be explained as just either a budget decision or they simply weren't animated because they aren't the focus of the scene.

Don't know if we can call that light beam, the portal to the spirit world made by Korra was made with energy bending Kuvira's canon which is not considered light speed, the avatar being the bridge between spirit world and "real world" being based on energy also would suggest it being energy.
Also why would that be FTL? How did you reach that value? Even if she moved while the beam was moving her at the speed of light is no different from Thor and Hela fighting in the middle of the bifrost bridge which is not accepted as FTL feat she moved a few meters while curling in the same time that light moved from high in the sky to the ground.

I don't necessarily disagree with this but it's really really vague.
They might as well have been "frozen" due to the sudden burst of light disorienting them
3x FTL won't be bad for god tiers
All of the spirits were facing away from the light. They would be at least moving a little if they were disoriented.
He's using the references for common feats calc
Viewing lightning as "frozen"
This is correct.
This doesn't solve the Calc Stacking issue in any way.

How fast is Mako moving in that particular scene, not in general. That's what is important.
Since lightningbenders being fast as lightning is official in-verse, it shouldn't be regarded as calc stacking.

You just ignored half of my comment there.

How fast is Mako moving in that scene? Can you point out his MHS+ movements to me?
Eh he is not saying mako is moving at mhs+ speed. They are all frozen. He is saying since them being as fast as lightning is official then he can use the "viewing lightning as frozen to calc it" since frozen mako would still be frozen mako that can move at lightning speeds.

Eh he is not saying mako is moving at mhs+ speed. They are all frozen. He is saying since them being as fast as lightning is official then he can use the "viewing lightning as frozen to calc it" since frozen mako would still be frozen mako that can move at lightning speeds.
That is what he is saying.

He's saying that Mako is moving at MHS+ speed but he is being viewed as frozen.

That is what he is saying.

He's saying that Mako is moving at MHS+ speed but he is being viewed as frozen.
Oh wait is lightning mhs+? Always thought it was just mhs sorry.

Well yeah he is making that assumption that generally mako in combat should be moving at mhs+ speed so him fighting the spirits there and korra viewing him as frozen would make the feat. It feels like hiding calcs to me tbh

You just ignored half of my comment there.

How fast is Mako moving in that scene? Can you point out his MHS+ movements to me?
You do know that hundreds of profile speed stats on this site are listed because said character blitzed x character, when x character's speed is accepted because they're officially recognized as a certain speed? Naruto and Bleach profiles do it all the time. Don't know why calcing how fast the other character is traveling in the scene is suddenly pertinent.

You do know that hundreds of profile speed stats on this site are listed because said character blitzed x character, when x character's speed is accepted because they're officially recognized as a certain speed? Naruto and Bleach profiles do it all the time. Don't know why calcing how fast the other character is traveling in the scene is suddenly pertinent.
Because that's not what you're doing here. You're not scaling to another character's speed; you're using another character's speed as the basis for a calc.

All of the spirits were facing away from the light. They would be at least moving a little if they were disoriented.
This feels like giving the highest possible interpretation of that scene
And it's not clear cut either

For the lightning stuff, you need to provide evidence that any of those characters are canonically lightning speed and not reasoned to be so (calcs, assumptions, etc). That's how the wiki operates

And they usually just scale higher the little cases where speed of a character is used to calc the speed is when they are states to have that level of perception, x character is stated to have light speed perception then y character that blitzed x can be many times higher than light depending on the calc

You need canonical statement or show that mako moves at lightning speed. He is mhs+ based on calc. You can't use it to calc another thing

provide evidence that any of those characters are canonically lightning speed and not reasoned to be so (calcs, assumptions, etc). That's how the wiki operates
You need canonical statement or show that mako moves at lightning speed.
I guess what I'm confused by is what marks the difference between canonically showing it without a statement which removes any shadow of a doubt?

In conclusion: Spirit Korra moved at and was perceiving a speed where people who are officially confirmed to be as fast as lightning appeared as statues. This would make her speed 1,016,000,000 m/s, or FTL.
This is actually calc stacking, as you're taking speeds calculated from characters and then using it for another scene.

In addition for the scene itself I'm not seeing anyone being frozen rather than just looking at a bright spot in the sky.

Overall I don't think this is a valid upgrade. Especially since she's not demonstrating the speed in a capacity that would be used for combat/general movement.

This is actually calc stacking, as you're taking speeds calculated from characters and then using it for another scene.

In addition for the scene itself I'm not seeing anyone being frozen rather than just looking at a bright spot in the sky.

Overall I don't think this is a valid upgrade. Especially since she's not demonstrating the speed in a capacity that would be used for combat/general movement.
I did no such thing. I posted the scene of Iroh reacting to lightning, and gave a link from the creators themselves saying how lightningbenders from both series are comparable.

did no such thing. I posted the scene of Iroh reacting to lightning,
The thing is thag Iroh's speed us determinate based in a calc. To get his speed you'd have to figure out how much he moved in the time it took the lightning to go from the storm cloud to his spot. That is where the calc is calc stacking comes from.

For speed to be used how you're suggesting with freezing a character it has to either be something with a known speed (like a bullet from a M16) or a stated in-universe speed. Your number would only work if Mako or any of the others had a statement saying they're fast as lightning, mach 1200 or have microsecond reactions.

I guess what I'm confused by is what marks the difference between canonically showing it without a statement which removes any shadow of a doubt?
Okay let me make it simple. You uses feats people reacting to lightning to show the verse canonical lightning speed. That's wrong. You can be 10x slower than lightning and react. Hell much slower depending even. So showing someone reacting to lightning does not make you mhs+. For you to have it you have have calc and when calced yes in avatar most of the feats are mhs+ but now you have a problem. They are mhs+ based on calcs and not directs statements or showing. So now to use mhs+ would be calc stacking.

You said something about without a statement right?

Okay how about i.e someone shown directly outrunning lightning? That's pretty good and you don't need calc to show the person is mhs+. There are other ways too.

Okay how about i.e someone shown directly outrunning lightning? That's pretty good and you don't need calc to show the person is mhs+. There are other ways too.
Closest I could find in the series is this; just electricity, not nat lightning. The subject is another person in the original post who appeared frozen.

Okay, so let's say the scene was different and that he was dodging a lightning bolt that came from the sky instead. Your saying that wouldn't count because he dodged it, but if he outran it it would? The difference seems pretty Arbitrary to me.
I'm sure you understand how dodging lightning from hundreds of meters away doesn't make you lightning speed. You could be hypersonic and dodge coz it is much further. So to know his actual speed we have to calc. And once we calc we can't use it for another calc.

But a showcase of outruninng lightning is blatantly showing canonical speed of being faster than lightning so mhs+ can be used for another calc

Back