• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Why no Calc stacking?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Basically the question above and why is Calc stacking accepted for certain verses i.e like bleach but not for others?
I usually see this mainly for AP based stories so i am confused.

It leads to inflamatory results usually unsupported by the story itself, mostly because the calcs are only acknowledged by us, so applying two calcs for a single result is diverging too hard into fanmade territory, while normal calcs are simple the feats' visualized as numbers, calc stalking is basically the visualization of the calc of multiple visualizations done by us.

Essentially they are controversial.

And what is bleach's calc stalking

It leads to inflamatory results usually unsupported by the story itself, mostly because the calcs are only acknowledged by us, so applying two calcs for a single result is diverging too hard into fanmade territory, while normal calcs are simple the feats' visualized as numbers, calc stalking is basically the visualization of the calc of multiple visualizations done by us.

Essentially they are controversial.

And what is bleach's calc stalking
Bleach Calc stacking using multipliers and sort. I’ve seen people get Bleach characters other than Ichigo to MFTL through Calc stacking. I might be bugging but that was what I noticed.
But thanks for clearing that up

Not knowledgeable on bleach but i'm pretty sure we stack multipliers as long as they are consistent and accepted, we do that to dragon balls super for instance.

Bleach Calc stacking using multipliers and sort. I’ve seen people get Bleach characters other than Ichigo to MFTL through Calc stacking. I might be bugging but that was what I noticed.
But thanks for clearing that up
Official multipliers stated by the story are not calc stacking, never have been and never will be.

Calc stacking is using one fan-made calculation for the basis of another calculation that doesn't involve using the size of locations or objects and whatnot but more or less involves stacking speed/attack potency values over each other to get insanely inflated values.

Last edited:
You can get any verse anywhere you want it with enough calc stacking.
You could make a verse of subsonic bullet timers into MFTL if you simply calced every time they threw hands and dodged each other.
Make a subsonic dude into a supersonic, then do it again to make them hypersonic, again for MHS, sub-rel, rel, FTL, etc. It adds up fast.

Only for them to get hit by a bullet the next chapter because ******* obviously.

Anyway, it seems the question has been answered. Shall we close this thread?

multipliers aren't calc stack. calc stack is using one calcs results and adding it to another. Something like a character being mhs in a calc and then using that speed in another calc of dodging that character up close.
that's literally what vsbw is doing in their current scaling, like literally. Calc stacking ichigo's speed from a speedblitz to some people, and calcstacking his speed to the auscwahlen.

List the Bleach calcs that are calc stacked, throwing out baseless accusations is pointless
that's literally what vsbw is doing in their current scaling, like literally. Calc stacking ichigo's speed from a speedblitz to some people, and calcstacking his speed to the auscwahlen.
I dont know if that's true but should make a crt on that if they are. what calc does this also?

I dont know if that's true but should make a crt on that if they are. what calc does this also?
Literally every single one. They say, gin ichimaru's bankai with buto = mach 1000, and ichigo dodged it, so ichigo's mach 600, but then with hollowification, ichigo gets 5x so he's actually sub-relativistic with it, and gin is also sub relativistic now. Then for the war arc, they're like, ok so it's ok to say they're relative to these other characters, right, and then use something about cloud to cloud lightning to say that their attacks are lightning speed for some reason, and then say they have mhs+ combat speed, and they get speedblitzed by ichigo, and then calcstacking that speedblitz to relativistic.

List the calcs you think are calc-stacking, and then contact the Bleach experts to see if they fit the bill. Otherwise, these comments look too vague to take at face value.

stacked calcs are technically more correct than completely non stacked calcs, people just don't like big numbers even when the feat would technically be proof of said number
it's why discord servers are >>>> vs wiki profiles

Literally every single one. They say, gin ichimaru's bankai with buto = mach 1000, and ichigo dodged it, so ichigo's mach 600, but then with hollowification, ichigo gets 5x so he's actually sub-relativistic with it, and gin is also sub relativistic now. Then for the war arc, they're like, ok so it's ok to say they're relative to these other characters, right, and then use something about cloud to cloud lightning to say that their attacks are lightning speed for some reason, and then say they have mhs+ combat speed, and they get speedblitzed by ichigo, and then calcstacking that speedblitz to relativistic.
The Gin one definitely is not calc stacking, Mach 1000 is directly stated and isn't inferred from a different calculation.

As for the Candice one, I don't see how that's calc stacking either but you'd have to ask Arc directly as he made it.

stacked calcs are technically more correct than completely non stacked calcs, people just don't like big numbers even when the feat would technically be proof of said number
and maybe also the fact that basically every time something happens in a story the calc team would have to do yet another calculation every nanosecond because character blew up character one shot character tanked attack fractured guy's bone's tanked attack etc. and people might not wanna do that all the time

indexxdd.jpg

The problem of calculation stacking is simple:

If you keep using one fan calculation on top of another fan calculation, every moment you get further and further away from the canon itself and start to rely fundamentally on a fan's idea
It's not about "big numbers"

Bleach doesn't have calc stacking 🗿
all the scans don't work anymore, and it sounds kinda calc-stackey to me.
Yeah my imgur got absolutely annihilated, so many of my scans got deleted, highkey frustrating. So I've got to go throw all my blogs and whatnot and fix the damage, which will take a massive amount of time.

But here is the thread that had to deal with the speeds obtained from that distance: https://vsbattles.com/threads/bleach-god-tier-slight-speed-revision.134490/

It's lengthy, but iirc it covers all the various calc stacking related arguments in the debate.

Unfollowing, reply to my message if you have further questions.

The problem of calculation stacking is simple:

If you keep using one fan calculation on top of another fan calculation, every moment you get further and further away from the canon itself and start to rely fundamentally on a fan's idea
It's not about "big numbers"
technically I do agree that increases margin for error, but when it comes to calcs, especially calcs without arbitrary values, it’s pretty much just using what the story gives you in order to make conclusions about the story
I’m just in support of the idea that if the math and logic works out, there shouldn’t be anything stopping calc stacking

The mere need to want to over exaggerate a verse's overall scaling should be what stops calc stacking.
A stupid thing to say
it’s not an exaggeration if the math holds up, the only thing makes it inconsistent is authors occasionally not knowing the implication of atomizing a dude who can tank a supernova or something, and the wiki just being like “yeah he’s somewhat stronger”

A stupid thing to say
it’s not an exaggeration if the math holds up, the only thing makes it inconsistent is authors occasionally not knowing the implication of atomizing a dude who can tank a supernova or something, and the wiki just being like “yeah he’s somewhat stronger”
Kinda missing my point, Im more talking about exaggerating speed calcs based off previous feats to keep increasing the tier of speed. If someone atomized someone then obviously they are tiers above them but calcing that wouldnt really matter even given the durability being able to tank supernovas.

I could make DCAU Batman Relativistic, off of a subsonic calc if I went and did a calcstack chain.
I could also make Star Platinum nearly 1000x faster than Star Platinum if I went and calced various instances of dudes dodging dudes and stacking them, and then loop it around back to Star Platinum dodging one of said dudes.

Shit's an issue for a damn good reason Ziller.

I could make DCAU Batman Relativistic, off of a subsonic calc if I went and did a calcstack chain.
I could also make Star Platinum nearly 1000x faster than Star Platinum if I went and calced various instances of dudes dodging dudes and stacking them, and then loop it around back to Star Platinum dodging one of said dudes.

Shit's an issue for a damn good reason Ziller.
then just don't use circular scaling to calc stack, it's quite shrimple
calc stacking is fine, given that there's no direct contradictions created, as is every form of scaling

Calc stacking also just tends to throw out what the verse's scaling represents overall as well. Take Naruto for a instance, they are NOT mftl yet people will try their damnedest to argue chakra multipliers and random calcs that assume a projectile is exactly ftl cause some other character said its fast. It just boils down to doing math that starts to get away from whats actually shown

then just don't use circular scaling to calc stack, it's quite shrimple
calc stacking is fine, given that there's no direct contradictions created, as is every form of scaling
It wouldn't be circular, it'd just be basic, "oh this dude is this fast, this dude dodged, the dodge is this speed using the dude he dodged calculated speed", and then you just keep doing it again and again and uh oh.
You'd end up getting the characters literally faster than themselves at some point.

Should go to show you how dumb that idea is, not to mention calcing already is bordering on exaggeration at times given authors dont usually think to deep about it, add calc stacking into the mix and lmao.
Because calcing a dude who dodged a bullet, and then calcing a dude who dodged his punch at 20x above a bullet, despite the verse being pretty consistently bullet speed isn't a red flag to you? Ark is right, it's just a way to inflate shit way beyond what it should be.

It wouldn't be circular, it'd just be basic, "oh this dude is this fast, this dude dodged, the dodge is this speed using the dude he dodged calculated speed", and then you just keep doing it again and again and uh oh.
You'd end up getting the characters literally faster than themselves at some point.

Should go to show you how dumb that idea is, not to mention calcing already is bordering on exaggeration at times given authors dont usually think to deep about it, add calc stacking into the mix and lmao.
Because calcing a dude who dodged a bullet, and then calcing a dude who dodged his punch at 20x above a bullet, despite the verse being pretty consistently bullet speed isn't a red flag to you? Ark is right, it's just a way to inflate shit way beyond what it should be.
if the author portrays characters as being able to statue bullets, and then portrays those same characters as getting tagged by bullets, that's the problem of poor writing, even without calc stacking.
But again, calc stacking should just be limited to what doesn't create contradictions
when it comes to characters who constantly train and shit and have decent amount of time between feats like that, then being faster than their past self is pretty justifiable. Calc stacking would be limited, but there are plenty cases where it can work like the 5-C boros calc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back