• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Legend of Korra: FTL for the God tiers

Didn't you say there's a scene like that?
I'm talking about the scene where Zuko runs to intercept Azula's lightning. Several years ago some people on here even considered that scene an outlier cause it was faster then the other feats.

Obviously Zuko isn't in the Korra scene so it wouldn't count.

I'm talking about the scene where Zuko runs to intercept Azula's lightning. Several years ago some people on here even considered that scene an outlier cause it was faster then the other feats.

Obviously Zuko isn't in the Korra scene so it wouldn't count.
Does he run faster than the lightning? And as I said before, they would scale to this feat unless someone thinks that Zuko>> Raava and Vaatu, Just check where Zuko is in the accepted scaling chain and see if the characters that were frozen to Korra are >>Zuko

Does he run faster than the lightning?
Yes. The lightning was not fired at him, and he intentionally ran over to intercept it to save Katara. If it was fired directly at him, he would have no trouble running away from it. It was fired from a short distance away too (from one end of the courtyard to the other).

And as I said before, they would scale to this feat unless someone thinks that Zuko>> Raava and Vaatu, Just check where Zuko is in the accepted scaling chain and see if the characters that were frozen to Korra are >>Zuko
That's part of the problem; no one in the scene is necessarily considered to be quicker or more powerful then Zuko. An argument could be made for Tenzin, since he is considered a master while Zuko wasn't (at the time). But I feel like that isn't enough.

That's part of the problem; no one in the scene is necessarily considered to be quicker or more powerful then Zuko. An argument could be made for Tenzin, since he is considered a master while Zuko wasn't (at the time). But I feel like that isn't enough.
Nobody who was in the scene scales to someone comparable or superior to Zuko? This is kind of unbelievable, Well, if no one scales to Zuko there's not much you can do🤷

Nobody who was in the scene scales to someone comparable or superior to Zuko?
Everyone in the scene is comparable, but not really more powerful, at least in a one-shot sense. Tenzin was trained and raised by Aang and Katara, who fought with Zuko.

Last edited:
Everyone in the scene is comparable, but not really more powerful, at least in a one-shot sense. Tenzin was trained and raised by Aang and Katara, who fought with Zuko.
Maybe it works....
Speed: Massively Hypersonic+ combat speed and reactions (Scaling to Amon and Zaheer)
Tenzin scales to Amon's speed and Amon scales to an adult Aang?

Maybe this works too? Amon is fast enough to blitz a lightning.

Maybe it works....

Tenzin scales to Amon's speed and Amon scales to an adult Aang?
Maybe this works too? Amon is fast enough to blitz a lightning.
I just looked over a few scenes that I forgot as well.

Katara, when she was watching Korra train, called her "strong". She had previously worked alongside Zuko.

Tarlokk, when talking about his brother Amon, called Amon the strongest bender he's ever known. That would include Korra, because Tarlokk has fought her by this point.

After Amon is zapped by Mako, the former compliments him on his skill, saying that no one has ever got the better of him and calls him a talented bender.

I just looked over a few scenes that I forgot as well.

Katara, when she was watching Korra train, called her "strong". She had previously worked alongside Zuko.

Tarlokk, when talking about his brother Amon, called Amon the strongest bender he's ever known. That would include Korra, because Tarlokk has fought her by this point.

After Amon is zapped by Mako, the former compliments him on his skill, saying that no one has ever got the better of him and calls him a talented bender.
Maybe it works 🤷 a mod would have to check.

This is all ignoring the big issue of "Hiding Calculations" which is elaborated on in th Calc Stacking page.

Just because a character dodges a bullet in one scene doesn't mean you can assume that they move at Mach 1 in another scene. You're just skipping out a step in calculating the character's actual speed by trying to compare them to another reference object vaguely.

"This character dodged/outran lightning, so they're Massively Hypersonic+ and we can use this speed for any other time they move in the series to calc someone else's speed."

No. That's not how it works. I haven't even seen any evidence that the characters in question were moving in this scene where they were "frozen".

This is all ignoring the big issue of "Hiding Calculations" which is elaborated on in th Calc Stacking page.

Just because a character dodges a bullet in one scene doesn't mean you can assume that they move at Mach 1 in another scene. You're just skipping out a step in calculating the character's actual speed by trying to compare them to another reference object vaguely.

"This character dodged/outran lightning, so they're Massively Hypersonic+ and we can use this speed for any other time they move in the series to calc someone else's speed."

No. That's not how it works. I haven't even seen any evidence that the characters in question were moving in this scene where they were "frozen".
Didn't someone mention that they were fighting when they were frozen? Assuming they are purposely slowing down in a battle with comparable enemies and that will result in the end of the universe doesn't seem very logical.

Didn't someone mention that they were fighting when they were frozen? Assuming they are purposely slowing down in a battle with comparable enemies and that will result in the end of the universe doesn't seem very logical.
Even if they were it only result in "At least MHS+" rather than FTL.

As Damage said, you need a stated speed to use or the fest would need to happen in the scene itself.

Cross scene scaling without a speed statement is considered Calc Stacking.

As Damage said, you need a stated speed to use or the fest would need to happen in the scene itself.

Cross scene scaling without a speed statement is considered Calc Stacking.
  • Using speed of characters or attacks calculated at other instances can't be used, as characters and attacks can vary in speed. This is the case regardless of whether the character is seriously trying to do their best or anything similar.
Are you referring to this?

So even in a scene that makes you have the speed of lightning[Example: explicitly running faster than lightning], it will be considered CS even without calculations?

He was fighting enemies in the scene. In fact, he fires off a bolt of lightning at the 8 second mark in the video.
Even if they were it only result in "At least MHS+" rather than FTL.
How so? Every person in the scene was in the middle of a fight, with the goal of the dark spirits being to kill Korra's body. If one person had paused and remained motionless while the light was descending, that would be one thing, but the fact that every being except for Korra is motionless while she crouches and lands indicates that this action is happening faster then they can perceive.
Stated, or shown? You people seem to be going back and forth on whether shown feats are just as valid as stated feats. I've given official statements from the characters that Mako and base Korra are comparable to Zuko, who was able to run over to a light ing bolt.

So even in a scene that makes you have the speed of lightning[Example: explicitly running faster than lightning], it will be considered CS even without calculations?
The word there is calculated. Calced speed can't be used, but a stated speed or known displayed speed in the scene (such as breaking the sound barrier) would be useable.

Because it's scaling above them. Calcing speed in the scene wouldn't be allowed.

Stated, or shown?
This would be useable for a calc. It is a stated speed of a character, so you would be able to use Mach 20 as a baseline speed for a calc.

Zuko has no such thing, his is just a calc. The only way you could use a FTL scene I'm that calc would be if lightning itself was frozen or someone performed a MHS+ feat in the same scene.

This would be useable for a calc. It is a stated speed of a character, so you would be able to use Mach 20 as a baseline speed for a calc.
How would novels fit into the "official" statement criteria? Would a speed feat by itself count since the author has written down the feat? How about a character's thought process as they're performing the feat?

One more thing. Outrunning an explosion would count as a clear-cut MH+ feat, right? Or does it have to involve lightning?

How would novels fit into the "official" statement criteria? Would a speed feat by itself count since the author has written down the feat?
If you can prove that X = Y explicitly then they might be useable.

Outrunning an explosion would count as a clear-cut MH+ feat, right?
Other than a nuclear weapon or meteor impact, no explosion gets to MHS+. Most are Hypersonoc to HH for a fraction of a millisecond before they rapidly decrease in speed due to how shockwaves propagate.

The word there is calculated. Calced speed can't be used, but a stated speed or known displayed speed in the scene (such as breaking the sound barrier) would be useable.

Because it's scaling above them. Calcing speed in the scene wouldn't be allowed.

Zuko has no such thing, his is just a calc. The only way you could use a FTL scene I'm that calc would be if lightning itself was frozen or someone performed a MHS+ feat in the same scene.
Zuko does have a scene of running faster than lightning. The fight against azula. But I guess it is treated as an outlier

Zuko does have a scene of running faster than lightning. The fight against azula. But I guess it is treated as an outlier
We discussed that earlier. They said it's not usable because it doesn't happen in the same scene as the opening video, and there's no proof that can can move at that speed all the time.

We discussed that earlier. They said it's not usable because it doesn't happen in the same scene as the opening video, and there's no proof that can can move at that speed all the time.
Exactly what I said. If it was not treated as an outlier and zuko was in that scene then it would have counted

Other than a nuclear weapon or meteor impact, no explosion gets to MHS+.
In the Yangchen novels, Yangchen does have a few instances of nullifying the epicenter/starting point of a town-sized explosion (coming from benders similar to this guy). She explicitly trained to do so with another combustionbender so that she could react in time when it came to face her real foe (the training took place in a cave, so over a short distance). This would then scale to other people that the Avatar has faced via the knowledge and skills from the avatar state.

Last edited:
Issue number 1 is that I have doubts about this qualifying for lightspeed based on the real light standards. The other thing is I'm quite skeptical about "Character perceiving everyone else as frozen" as a method for using giant multipliers.

based on the real light standards.
I'm curious what you mean by that; but I'm not really focused on the light part anyway, just the perspective part.
The other thing is I'm quite skeptical about "Character perceiving everyone else as frozen" as a method for using giant multipliers.
It helps that 99% of the verse scales to each other speed-wise. Only Korra's AS has shown a clear difference in speed when it's active.

What do you think of the scans?

Last edited:
Once again, nothing has shown that the characters are supposed to be moving Massively Hypersonic+ in that scene. This whole proposal is hollow until that part is covered.

Once again, nothing has shown that the characters are supposed to be moving Massively Hypersonic+ in that scene. This whole proposal is hollow until that part is covered.

Q says that reacting to a nuclear-sized explosion is MH+ speed, and I posted scans of that happening. From there, several people scale from Yangchen's speed to the present day. You keep being vague in your rebuttals, not explaining why the things I post don't count.

Q says that reacting to a nuclear-sized explosion is MH+ speed, and I posted scans of that happening. From there, several people scale from Yangchen's speed to the present day. You keep being vague in your rebuttals, not explaining why the things I post don't count.
I don't know how I could have been any clearer to be honest.

I wasn't referring to that scene. I was referring to the scene in the OP featuring Korra.
Oh, well Lynieryz put it best. Everyone in that scene is fighting for the literal fate of the world, with the dark spirits trying to kill Korra and the human's trying to fend them off. Doesn't make sense for everyone to spontaneously freeze up, and we know that time isn't literally frozen for artistic effect in that scene because the light in the background is still moving.

Oh, well Lynieryz put it best. Everyone in that scene is fighting for the literal fate of the world, with the dark spirits trying to kill Korra and the human's trying to fend them off. Doesn't make sense for everyone to spontaneously freeze up, and we know that time isn't literally frozen for artistic effect in that scene because the light in the background is still moving.
I don't see anyone mid-motion / mid-attack there. I went through the scene frame-by-frame from 1:05 onwards. Except for Mako stepping back slightly, all of the other characters are literally standing still and not in combat any more.

I don't see anyone mid-motion / mid-attack there. I went through the scene frame-by-frame from 1:05 onwards. Except for Mako stepping back slightly, all of the other characters are literally standing still and not in combat any more.
The spirits remain in constant movement until Korra descends and the spirits continue at the same speed as they were when fighting.

The spirits remain in constant movement until Korra descends and the spirits continue at the same speed as they were when fighting.
Yep. Korra's group were moving back because they becoming tired out, while the spirits were still moving when the scene took place. And when the camera is panned out afterwards, you can see that the spirits were still moving right before they're vaporized. It's kind of hard to tell in the vid I posted cause it's not good quality and the spirits are way in the background; I'll post a better quality one when I'm done with work.

Last edited:
My memory was wrong. The spirits are not moving when the camera pans out. But that just means that Korra came down faster then they could perceive and dissipated them all.

w3hG6aJ.png

And this would not just count for travel speed, since as I stated in the op, she was not in a full crouch position when she teleported away from the physical world, which means she changed her position as she was coming down. There's also the moment when she stopped her flight when she spotted Vaatu in order to ram him, which would count as a reaction.

My memory was wrong. The spirits are not moving when the camera pans out. But that just means that Korra came down faster then they could perceive and dissipated them all.

w3hG6aJ.png

And this would not just count for travel speed, since as I stated in the op, she was not in a full crouch position when she teleported away from the physical world, which means she changed her position as she was coming down. There's also the moment when she stopped her flight when she spotted Vaatu in order to ram him, which would count as a reaction.

Just not to waste your time this will never be accepted. At best you can get an "at least mhs+ , likely far higher" raring for vaatu and korra. That's all

Back