• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

League of Legends Speed Scaling Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Weekly

For Shen: That entire section of text is all about stepping between worlds. If you want to assert that it's different you have to prove it's different, not just say it is and said proof has to be greater than what the opposing view can bring to the table.

For Galio: You can't even prove Galio wasn't already there in the first place, the scene opens with soldiers on the ground and crawling away in fear. He could've swiped them with a tail or fist and been standing there already without flying at all- kicking ass and making them start running without even flying. Also using physics and logic is not a fallacy and if you say that again I will lose respect for you. You can dismiss AoE vs Destructive Capability after you prove said disparity exists. Not when you're still trying to calc them in the first place.

Explosion: Not remotely true. An explosion moves at the speed of an explosion based on what causes said explosion. Go find me a real-life calculation for how fast magical energy travels through the air- I dare you.

Assumptions only make sense when used correctly and within acceptable boundaries. Pulling numbers out of nowhere is not assuming, it's choosing your own result, that's why said calcs are worthless. I can assume almost any timeframe and be just as correct as the poster. So why should his/her/its number be the one used?

Ignoring the scaling Friendly mostly cuz I dont wanna open those can of worms.

Even regardless if the explosion is BS (which I dont care one way or the other in all honesty, I just care if it is consistent), we dont use magic as a disqualifying factor. Plenty of things use 'magic' as a basis and we still accept them in calcs as long as they make sense. For example, Magi's Speed is based on the assumption that despite being magical, the light acts like real light so it gets a pass. Also ask anyone who does fairy tail, we do the same thing for that verse too.

In other words, we dont 'assume' the magic explosion is faster or slower then a regular one, we just assume it is close enough and go from there. Other verses also use this too on the wiki and making an exception just for Lol makes no sense.

"Well we shouldnt!" Make a crt for that issue then, but its the truth for now.

To help you out, a better argument would be if it acts like an explosion. Which is sort of does, but I am not sure what number you can peg to it reliably. And by explosion, it at least follows the first 'definition' of an explosion.

"An explosion is a rapid increase in volume and release of energy in an extreme manner, usually with the generation of high temperatures and the release of gases"

Namely, a sudden and large release of energy and release of gas. (In this case wind.) The only box it doesnt tick is temperature, but to my knowledge, that isnt a disqualifying factor on this wiki, just a red flag. Point stands though, even if it was, arguing just cuz lul magic and lul assumptions it is invalid is honestly ignoring how this wiki functions. We do both.

Also, if a calc group member has accepted said assumptions, they are fine, and these calcs were accepted (at least, some of them were.) So either get over it, or find someone else to do the calc.

That said, the only one I will comment on is the Shen thing, yeah it is pretty vague and it would require alot of mental hoops. It is just very fast, but unquantifiable movement. Assumptions here would ignore alot of things so I am gonna draw the line with that one. If it is calced to be whatever and accepted though, can't really say anything though other then I don't like the feat.

It wasn't an explosion at all, the two events are not connected to one another. One involves an uncontrolled release of wind magic from Riven's blade while the other is caused by Yasuo intentionally to propell a sliver of the blade, creates no knockback wave and is ultimately stopped by him to prove a point.

Shen: Here is the full story:

"As the Eye of Twilight, it was Shen's duty to walk between the worlds, ensuring neither side overwhelmed the other. To humans, he was a ghost, vanishing in the space between breaths to reappear many miles away. To spirits, he was a human, flesh and bone who ought never to venture into ethereal realms."

This is his movement

"Shen took one more look at his spirit blade, calmly weighing his options. He then clasped his hands together, carefully focusing his ki, and disappeared in a vortex of crackling energy, leaving the demon alone on its sandbar."

This is his teleportation

Even if you lowball his speed to just traveling 2 miles its still Hypersonic bordering on Hypersonic+

Galio: The fact that the clouds are still in a perfect circle and havent even begun to move yet is kinda proof enough that the scene is him just after landing. YOU are the one who would have to prove otherwise and prove he did all of those things youre saying he did.

Explosion: Sins covered it already. And to add onto his argument, we use magic lightning as real lightning for characters in Fairy Tail as well.

Rammus: Yes, and the accurate assumption is that it took him a few seconds to travel from the horizon to the viewer's point, as they has time to try to defend themselves.

@Regis No, Yasuo causes Riven's blade to explode a second time in an identical manner to the way it exploded the first time, they even mention the identical humming of Riven's sword before it explodes.

Shen: It's referring to his Teleportation in both texts, nothing is indicating that he moves that fast without teleporting.

It kinda does, the first is just him moving, the second shows he needs time and has a visual effect for his teleportation

Without any of the general explosion indicators, and zero idea of how fast it is without assuming stuff for no reason. But sure, the sliver is definetely fired off at that speed without any proof.

The first is a general description of his path in life in general, with a brief description of Stand United while the second goes in more detail. Taking flowery language literally and missing the point just to make up stuff isn't good.

Sins practically said nothing that can't be ignored when the feat itself has zero indications of being similar to a TNT explosion given that hardly anyone was hurt despite the wind knocking people over (which doesn't happen in the actual feat, by the way).

Proof?

Say hi to XCano for me in mugen ovo. Also, I am still fine with the Hypersonic league blah blah i am going away for a while.

Asked Xcano about the feat and he said it's difficult to consider it as an explosion like TNT explosions beyond the fact that they both release energy quickly. As far as the feat is concerned, you can't use detonation velocities to guess speed for it.

It's better to find speed the normal way, by first figuring out the distance travelled by the sliver from the blade to the man it was going to hit and using estimated timeframes to find the speed.

You're agreeing with universal scaling to an unquantifiable feat without any reasons for the scaling? Good to know that logic isn't involved here.

Shen's is describing him moving between the worlds. If you want to assert it's absolutely NOT related to that then you can prove it beyond reasonable doubt. If you can't then it's not usable.

Nothing is moving much at all in Galio's scene to begin with so the clouds moving or not is irrelevant.

Something being accepted in calc groups means ****-all. The same guy who made the current accepted Neo calc from the 3rd Matrix about how much rain is falling on other sites readily admits it's a bad calc that shouldn't be used. I'm not making a new CRT to call out every calc that shouldn't be used. That's a waste of my time when I can easily point out how flawed they are in a blog like this.

There's no applicable timeframe for Rammus' feat or applicable distance. The text literally states the family heard him coming before they say him and doesn't state he came FROM beyond the horizon but just that the man looked TO the horizon to see the cloud of dust (of unknown size which even further makes the feat vague). There's no hard numbers to this scene. By all accounts the cloud is actually covering Rammus since they couldn't see the mighty armored ***** until he was practically on top of them.

In game when Galio uses his ult a mach cone appears so I believe that is at least supersonic, Same thing with Irelia and her dash.

Galio's ult uses a giant flash of light that's impossible to tell if it's a mach cone from speed as opposed to big blast of magic to propel himself forwards. Also mach cones aren't so simple as "See cone = mach speed" in the first place.

And yes Weekly, I'm quite sure the login screen that has very little to no movement after the intial blast isn't showing movement. The soldiers running away at the start are also not moving very much even prior to the impact despite us seeing the scene in real-time... though one wonders how the soldiers were beaten so badly they were literally crawling away if Galio had only just arrived on-scene...

In addition:

Destruction is shown but nowhere near the expected level of what the calc shows.

We hear him coming which is impossible for supersonic speeds.

Again, you make a conclusion when looking at all the data, you do not make a conclusion (Galio is hypersonic) and then ignore any data that contradicts it like above. You also don't fabricate information such as assuming he was only in-flight from the start of a video- which has nothing whatsoever to do with when he started his flight.

And you really don't take vague feats, make a bunch of assumptions for them, and then scale an entire verse to them when nobody has faced the ability or attack that caused it.

Sion being Galio's rival doesn't make him scale in any given way. Random Rioter comments are not canon for Sion tackling Galio anymore than Graves vaping.

Sylas also never actually encountered Sion so regardless of promotional materials (which are not Stories or Bios remember) he wouldn't scale either.

Galio's ult uses a giant flash of light that's impossible to tell if it's a mach cone from speed as opposed to big blast of magic to propel himself forwards. Also mach cones aren't so simple as "See cone = mach speed" in the first place.

I think it is very very clearly a mach cone probably one of the clearest mach cones in the game

30 secs in :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyuJt0-rkGk

WeeklyBattles said:
Again youre using aoe fallacy and mistaking destructive capacity for attack Potency my dude.
AoE Fallacy is completely made up to make some ratings that clearly don't have a certain level of power seen stronger.

Logically the only attacks that such a notion would apply to are energy-based attacks which have very high intensity but a small area, similar to Dragonball.

Galio slamming himself into the ground should be taken at what damage it deals.

What do you mean, what he could do while in the air. There is no assumption. He parted the clouds by flying through them. That is it. whether you feel that the calc is right to be used or not is not my point here.

Clouds are there, Galio flies in, clouds are parted in a direct path to his current position, easy conclusion. His flight parted them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back