• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

League of Legends Speed Scaling Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't do anything of what you say beyond being a collection of feats. What they all mean will be decided here and by analysis rather than blind acceptance.

So for that (impressive) list:

1. Absolutely nothing indicates that has to be a sonic boom for Taliyah. We drop bins that weigh only a hundred pounds at work all the time- they make extremely loud noises and will disturb dust/grit on the ground. TONS of stone bursting from the ground would have this same effect without any need of supersonic velocity.

2. Of the three bullet-timing feats for the more 'normal' champions: Twisted Fate straight-up says he aimdodged, Miss Fortune states the person firing at her wasn't counting on the recoil and so presumably just outright missed and even then its a comic so you have no idea of when she dodged in relation to him firing, and Pyke's states it didn't hit him because he was turning into mist- which is hard to tell if it's even reacting at all.

3. Also it should be pointed out that these pistol and arrow-dodges are usually by very small margins, which implies quite strongly that being multiple orders of magnitude greater is simply not in the ballpark for most of them.

4. That's still not getting into how there's no reason for most of those champions to scale to one another.

@Friendly Dont worry im writing up a full scaling chain for all of the champions scaling to each other and why

It's definitely necessary, though avoid using reliance on other verse calcs. Just focus on the feat itself, so that we don't get infpated stats.

WeeklyBattles said:
The speedblitzes in and of themselves are immensely casual so its not like they'd serve as any use
Casual =/= suddenly Hypersonic+ without any support. So try not to dismiss stuff just because they are casually/easily done.

Yes actually it kinda does. A Hypersonic+ person can speedblitz people just as easily as a subsonic person. There is no point in calcing them

They are Hypersonic+ on your say-so, not exactly the most reliable evidence. Rather than take your words at face value, I'd like to check it with the rest of the "speedblitzes" being calced and see how the supposed universal scaling is justified.

A subsonic character can speedblitz just as easily as a hypersonic+ character can, speedblitzing in and of itself is not a set value, there is no universal scaling for speedblitzing

And no, theyre not Hypersonic+ on my say-so theyre Hypersonic+ from the multiple Hypersonic+ feats in the series

how can a calc member not understand this is calc stacking.

...what? Calc stacking is using a value from another calc to get a result. Nothing implies he said he would take a value from another calc, just a speed blitz can be calced. Which it can, usually via distance traveled or if it is faster then the eye can see, you can using time assumptions to get a value. Also, he is calc group member. He likely knows this.

Gilga, let's not try and start more problems.

It is calc stacking though, unless the blitz takes place in the same scene as when the speed is calced or if their speed doesn't come from a calc but instead a direct statement. Then you could scale how far one moves relative to another.

Weekly is correct in that there's no universal value for blitzing, but this doesn't exactly help his case. Some very low values like 1.5x would be devastating in close quarters, for instance. Dudes speed blitzing one another down in supersonic at best supports possibly higher ratings, but the hypersonic feats themselves are far more important than supersonic people outspeeding one another.

Anyways I'm going to sleep. Don't bite each other's heads off while I:m gone

Wokistan said:
Half the blitzes weekly linked are basically just point a to b and beating up their opponent before they can react, it wouldnt be calc stacking if we calced via distance traveled or assumed they are doing actions very quickly.

That said, I will be neutral for now regarding the speed. @Regis Please debate the feats @Weekly More context on the explosion feat by Yasuo would be nice. It is point blank, right? Can I have a full page?

Which is why I'm asking for calculations rather than blind acceptance. Rather than just take Weekly at his word, I want to see exactly how everyone scales to Hypersonic feats.

RegisNex1232 said:
Which is why I'm asking for calculations rather than blind acceptance. Rather than just take Weekly at his word, I want to see exactly how everyone scales to Hypersonic feats.
Hypersonic+ calcs are aplenty and dodging an explosion is very likely Hypersonic+ There are calculations, you just arent debating them. I could pick apart some of the assumptions of the Supersonic+ feats, but the Subsonic and Hypersonic+ feats are all fine at first glance.

If we used a calced speed for one character than scales another's movements to them in the vein of "how far did they travel in the time it took for character calced at X to move" I think it'd fall under calc stacking, though it'd be better to ask the calc group and Don't talk about that to be sure.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Table_of_explosive_detonation_velocities?wprov=sfti1

Also, I am not in the calc group but the 'slowest' explosion possible is 1800 m/s.

This is for a gas, but it can range higher. Just ripping from the lightning formula since it is basically the same.

Assuming the explosion was a 1 meter away and Yasuo stoped it a meter away.

1*1800/1 = Mach 5.2 or Hypersonic Obviously this is a 'slow explosion' but it does seem based on the context it is was very close to point blank. Assuming a half a meter, it would be 10.4 or Hypersonic+ Now granted, either one of them works as backing up Hypersonic+, since a supporting feat comfortably in hypersonic with assuming a slow explosion and moving a 1 meter away and the explosion was a 1 meter away, you get this as a safe lowball.

Not posting this, since I dont do explosions, but my point I think has been proven. Although I was slightly wrong, explosions at their slowest apparently are Hypersonic. Low End - Hypersonic (Mach 5.2) High End - Hypersonic+ (Mach 10.4)

Although this would make a nice crt for doing explosions speed calcs.

I admit this isnt a reliable calc, but it does show Explosion Dodging generally speaking is Hypersonic or Hypersonic+, sometimes higher.

It wasn't a general explosion at all though. Yasuo used his wind magic to try to break Riven's magic blade, to show what happened to his master. I'm not seeing any explosion at all, save for a small shrapnel being released at a high speed.

This is what I mean by not blindly accepting things. There's no explosion happening, simply a small sliver being propelled at high speeds due to magic. You can't use explosion detonation velocities for something that isn't an explosion.

"The vibration built. Now it could be heard and felt. The villagers panicked, pushing and shoving to get back. The judge stood quickly, her arms outstretched to the wooden table that held the broken sword. The edge of the table began to grow and curl, the wood budding new green limbs over the weapon, but Riven knew the magic would not hold.

"Everyone, get down!" Riven yelled, but the sound of the blade drowned out her voice, indeed all the voices, as the weapon built to a fever pitch.

Then, all at once the power exploded in a burst of runic energy and splintered wood. A gust of wind knocked everyone who had been standing down to the floor."

Just going to ignore this...?

/exploded. /describes people being knocked back. It is an explosion. It might be a magical explosion, but it is still an explosion. I am going to bed, night everyone. Dont burn this thread while I am gone.

[1]

Not related to the quote you provided above. So, no, it wasn't a generic explosion that sent the shrapnel flying in the pic you posted in the blog.

WeeklyBattles said:
A subsonic character can speedblitz just as easily as a hypersonic+ character can, speedblitzing in and of itself is not a set value, there is no universal scaling for speedblitzing
And no, theyre not Hypersonic+ on my say-so theyre Hypersonic+ from the multiple Hypersonic+ feats in the series
The multiple hypersonic feats that have almost no scaling to them? And frequently are abilities that have never been remotely contested?

Shen covers miles by teleporting through the spirit realm, irrelevant for physical speed and thus scaling to any physical champions.

Illaoi's has nothing whatsoever to do with her physical skills as she made a storm using her connection to her God. This applies to literally nothing else in her kit, be it her own totem-smashing attacks or how fast the Tentacles slam.

The Galio one... is saying what exactly? He comes straight from the left in the video- not head-on like flying from the gap in the clouds. We also have absolutely no timeframe for it. Just because the video starts at 0:00 doesn't mean Galio didn't start moving until then. That's not usable at all.

Not to mention the damage he causes is clearly not the calculated level given there's normal humans standing five feet away from him. I mean you even hear him coming before you see him- every single thing in that video adds up to it being way less than the calculated result.

@Friendly The multiple hypersonic feats do in fact have scaling to them, im literally writing up a list

Shen's feat is not teleportation. He uses teleportation in the same story and it is completely different.

Galio's is about as blatant as you can get

There's also Pantheon's and Yasuo's Hypersonic+ feats, Kled's Hypersonic+ feat, and with the rework of Kayle, her Hypersonic+ feat

Galio scales to whom? Yasuo doesn't have one given that you took a magically propelled shrapnel as a shrapnel from an explosion, Pantheon and Kayle having travel feats means it's difficult to scale it to anyone who can't fly or jump good and Kled doesn't have one.

Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan said:
For explosions we can use the calculator DontTalk created to estimate the speed required to escape in time.
Also realized my mistake of not accounting for the explosion losing speed after initial velocities. Although it was not a bad first attempt lol.

I think we don't use detonation velocities on this wiki IIRC.

Usually we calculate explosion speeds by finding the amount of TNT/C4, but I don't think that can be done here.

Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan said:
I think we don't use detonation velocities on this wiki IIRC.

Usually we calculate explosion speeds by finding the amount of TNT/C4, but I don't think that can be done here.
Yeah we dont, my b. Anyway, back on topic.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Friendly The multiple hypersonic feats do in fact have scaling to them, im literally writing up a list

Shen's feat is not teleportation. He uses teleportation in the same story and it is completely different.

Galio's is about as blatant as you can get

There's also Pantheon's and Yasuo's Hypersonic+ feats, Kled's Hypersonic+ feat, and with the rework of Kayle, her Hypersonic+ feat
The written text states he is walking "between worlds". It even references how the two different worlds see him.

Galio's is literally almost nothing but assumptions and ignoring how all the evidence does not match the result. You make a conclusion from all the evidence, not just the parts you want.

Yasuo reacted to a magic explosion, this tells us nothing. In addition the feat is vague to begin with.

And last I checked someone said Targon had magic fuckery messing with you so how you get solid times from that I wouldn't know.

That Rammus feat is also entirely without timeframe and even distance since the formed dust cloud would be behind him.

@Jim iirc there was a mountain in some movie i saw a while back that reached into outer space, but i cant for the life of me remember what movie it was

@Friendly I can give you the whole story if you'd like because he uses teleportation in the same story and its nothing like the feat in question.

What evidence contradicts it? From what im seeing youre using AoE fallacy and confusion Destructive Capacity with Attack Potency.

An explosion is an explosion and nothing is vague about it, its actually pretty blatant.

Targon has minor spatial manip that affects those climbing it, not the mountain itself. Plus a timeframe was shown in the context of the feat itself.

An assumed timeframe is perfectly acceptable in this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back