• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Lavos vs Madoka (Time Devourer vs Godoka)

The main point of that was to showcase that the wish also grants the user the ability to do it herself. (ie all the examples I showed there, unless you also wanna argue Sayaka doesn't have regen, Homura has no time manipulation powers outside of time travel only when Madoka is harmed, etc.

Plus she created a new concept (Wraiths) to essentially replace witches, so even then, that would be technically incorrect.

^ Basically what SD said, plus the fact the big thing about the concept manipulation in this case isn't the ability per se, as it wouldn't be potent enough to kill Lavos, but the fact that it has multiversal+ AoE, meaning that it gives her a way (albeit painfully slow) to deal with all of Lavos's replacements.

Also i'm switching my vote to Meguca for the various reasons that I gave throughout the thread.

And in that time, Lavos can quite easily deal with her, as her defense isn't nearly as absolute.

Type 9 immortality means that the avatars will just keep coming back as long as Madoka herself is alive. Type 8 means that Madoka won't die unless her conceptual self is destroyed. I'd say that her defense is solid enough.

^True. Although i'm not completely sure if regular memory manipulation would affect her as much as Homura's did, since Homura was also messing with her conceptual self while rewriting her memories

While I'm still voting Madoka with High-Diff (and really High-Diff), the problem here is that, as it is stated even in a screenshot in her profile, she is a concept that exists engraved in the universe. TD can eventually consume all of space and time of infinite timelines, naturally along with everything within it.

If Madoka is a Concept Engraved in the Universe, needless to say that if all the timelines she is in get devoured TD would eventually put her down too.

As I see it, it's kind of a race. But I'm still leaning more on Madoka because she's better and deserves it more than this monster. really I joined the dark side her powers seem more likely to give her the win here, at least for me. Really close call, tho.

MadokaConcept2
Well kinda. While Madoka is indeed a universal constant, her true form exists in a different plane of existence altogether. So dunno if that would be an actual victory for Lavos.

Anyway @Fate

if you are interested, here is the thread where the thing about the concept manipulation being less effective against other 2-A came up

You don't have to ask for permission lol. If you want to debate, feel free to do so

Well you should try to at least make phrases which can be comprehended. Otherwise others won't be able to debate with you

From what I counted:

Madoka: 5 (SomebodyData, Kaltias, FateAlbane, COB, MonarchLaciel)

Lavos: 0

Inconclusive: 0

I mean he/she voted Lavos for reasons above that nobody had provided at the time. So I don't think that it counts

Tfw you realize how big a mistake you made.

I still neees to torment SD some more though.

Lucemon, you're up.

Ah right, time to comment on that Arceus vs Lucemon thread @Cal

Thanks for reminding me

Back