• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kyoko Sakura vs Sekiro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sekiro can deflect projectiles pretty well, and has a collapsible umbrella shield that deflects projectiles and oncoming attacks. It's actually quite effective as nothing short of soul attacks can penetrate a fully upgraded umbrella shield. It is also nice to note that Sekiro takes no damage with the shield up from enemies on his level.

Kyoko won't be able to use projectiles if she doesn't know where he is. This fight doesn't take place in a wide open area, it takes place in New York City so there tons of places to hide and blend in to. Sekiro has a huge environmental advantage.

Sekiro has deflected attacks stronger than him. Besides the very idea of deflection is that you don't take the brunt of the attacks.

Also the AP disadvantage doesn't mean much since both sides can potentially one shot each other and because Sekiro has defeated enemies that would normally speed blitz him through sheer speed and power with skill. If Sekiro can stomp faster enemies, than fighting someone with equalized speed would only be that much easier. Kyoko wouldn't be able to get a clean hit in anyway.

I still vote for Sekiro via Stealth, Skill, and Tools.

Keep in mind that the farther a projectile travels the more time there is to react to it, making it practically impossible for Sekiro to get hit by at such a range.

The fight takes place in Central Park, technically. He could get to the city but it's still a jog.

With equalized speed and at a long distance as well as Sekiro's shurikens which counters airborne mobility, Kyoko wouldn't be able to stop him. There's also some trees, ponds, and bridges for cover.

1) Kyoko's fireballs explode. No deflection is happening unless Sekiro plans to be burned alive in the process

2) You are underestimating how skilled Kyoko is, like a lot. She has better range via projectiles, and has a better range in melee combat as well

3) Kyoko isn't the kind of person that goes in the streets when looking for someone, she'll try to track him down while staying over the tallest buildings.

4) He can't one shot her. She has survived attacks above his AP without being one shot

To be fair, the shield will negate most damage if it comes down to actually being hit by one. That and tall buildings aren't an issue with a grappling hook. I keep my vote as incon for now.

1) Kyoko's fireballs can easily be dodged at such a long range. Plus he has also fought the Demon of Hatred who not only fires exploding fireballs but his are homing. Furthermore, Sekiro defeated the Shichimen Warrior who's projectile spam borders on danmaku. Additionally, Sekiro also uses the Suzaku's Lotus Umbrella which nullifies fire damage.

2) I'm not saying Kyoko isn't skill. She certainly is skilled but not as much as Sekiro. Also her range can be used against her. Sekiro knows a technique known as the Mikiri Counter which not only counters long distance thrusting attacks but also breaks their posture. Allowing Sekiro to go for a deathblow.

3) Sekiro would go for the rooftops as well and keep track of her position. Since he has better senses and more experience and skill in the art of stealth, he'll assassinate her the moment he gets the chance. If an entire army trained specifically to fight shinobis can't find him then she won't.

4) Sekiro deathblows are several times his base AP. He has several stat amplification moves and can also nullify Immortality with the mortal blade. If she someone survive the initial attack then he can also go for subsequent deathblows. Sometimes in a row even.

1. She'll probably resort to restraining him with her psuedo ribbons and kill him through creating spears from the ground if that's the case/

2. How would it break her posture from such a range gap?

3. Better senses? Kyoko has Extrasensory Perception for detecting him, I don't think senses alone will help.

4. Not only is Kyoko physically stronger, but her durability is actually higher than her own AP. He isn't one shotting her anytime soon.

1) By the time she realizes her fireballs aren't working he's already gone or disappeared from her view. Should Sekiro encounter this attack though he could simply avoid it using the Age Feather Mist Raven tool which teleports him away the moment before or after he would've taken damage, regardless if its from weapons or even poison.

Also I don't see anything regarding "Pseudo Ribbons" on her profile.

2) The Mikiri counter pulls him towards the enemy and breaks their guard. It works specifically against thrust attacks. Especially against spear users.

3) I don't see any mention of Extrasensory Perception on her profile. Are referring to the Magic Detection? If so then Sekiro doesn't use magic. Just in case, Sekiro knows the Suppress Presence technique that removes his presence, preventing him from being perceived while in stealth.

4) Even if it doesn't one shot he can still finish her through a couple of deathblows.

1. Good thing they can home on her enemies, teleportation helps but it would only stall the fight.

Yeah, I don't think its noted because it falls under her Creation ability.

2. I doubt that would be enough to cross such a massive range gap.

3. Isn't the Mortal Blade (and some of his other equipment) divine or something? Pretty sure that would allow her to sense her.

4. He would still have to actually destroy the soul gem (Which is even more durable than her body's durability) so most of those attacks won't actually kill her. (Since the body is figuratively just a puppet)

Yeah, someone should really put those Ribbons on her profile for the people who don't know the series that well.

1) Sekiro is already used to dodging homing projectiles that border on danmaku. He is going to try to escape from her line of sight anyway so its not that he's stalling. Teleportation, which can be spammed, will serve as a means to achieve that goal. After all, Kyoko won't be able to hit him if she doesn't know where he is or if he escapes her range.

2) It work against spear users in the game. And its not like that's only move that can close gaps. Sekiro has multiple combat arts that travels towards the opponent at high speeds like the Shadow Rush technique as well as a move that extends his melee range to beyond that of a spear such as the Empowered Mortal Draw.

3) Some of Sekiro's items are Spiritual like prayer beads, sugar candy, and Buddha statues. I don't think spiritual items can be considered magic.

4) As it was mentioned above, Sekiro wouldn't need to target the soul gem specifically since the Mortal Blade is designed to kill the undead. It can just sever the connection between the body and the gem. After all, the Mortal Blade in japanese is named "Fushigiri" which literally translates to "Undead Slayer".

>it works against spears

>Kyoko has hundreds of meters range

Must be some long-ass spears

I don't think the first couple of votes for Kyoko count tho.

They voted for Kyoko fra via clone spam but it was already concluded that clones won't work against Sekiro

Even though I'm voting incon, I do agree the votes made on debunked points don't really count anymore.

To be fair, the counterargument didn't take into account that Kyoko has a resistance to having her powers nulled.

She doesn't resist that kind of power null. She resists a status that prevents her from using her powers, but her attacks aren't resistant to being dispelled

Not sure they would be debunked though? Nothing says he's gonna catch all the clones when using the seeds, moments he spends sending seeds to one is moments the other clones, or her, have to gang up on him. And does she really have a limit to how many times she can spawn more clones if they are dispelled? He should have a limit to his seeds after all.

I would also like to know how we treat homeward icons as far as teleporation goes, or how his other teleportation option works. After all, his very profile points out Homeward Icon needs seconds to work, leaving him vulnerable. Abusing that in view of Kyoko isn't gonna be very good.

Could also anyone tell me what's the Impulse Spear all about?

She has a limit based on her stamina, but considering that the latter is higher than Sayaka's + Kyoko usually carries Grief Seeds to replenish her energy, I doubt that she'd start being tired before a week or so.

Idk about Impulse Spear

I dunno if this is true if you sorta hang around in Butterfly's boss fight, but IIRC the illusory guys didn't come back once dispelled. Again, they might if you just sorta sit there long enough.

Can she? So it just takes awhile, then. My mistake, like I said they just never re-appeared for me.

or subtly, not so subtly hinting at how my ass got kicked so fast she didn't need the second wave until I got lucky since I'm bad at games

I did get Bell Demon thing without even realizing it if that helps lol

And, again, my Dark Souls ass is awful at the game

This thread may or may not be an AP stomp now as Sekiro is Low 7-B.

The thread should be closed if this is a stomp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back